BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

1 minute ago, glen9mullan said:

I would say had it been me, I'd of been ringing EFL To confirm they have everything , but clearly this did not happen

This is the bit for me. After last season why wasn't anyone getting confirmation? It's not like it was uploaded at 10:58 and they noticed a couple of minutes later. They had hours for someone to think "did we get an acknowledgment email, maybe we should double check it's gone through" Yeah it's a big cock up on the part of one person but the whole group should shoulder some blame for not checking. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Doesn't change the fact that Waggott has to go. Appreciate the story though, cheers.

'Admin girl told the CEO at 11.04pm'

A little bit too suspicous for me 🙂

That's a different story, THEY ALL NEED TO Go,

Just explaining the timeline, from the eye witnesses

• Like 3

Id like to believe this, but it just was not the case, it was a loan to buy and they had him holding up the shirt, if sabotage was at play it would still point to one guy, the only one with the login details

Then he was instructed not to submit it by slimeball Steve . I’m not having for one minute two hours passed without noticing but four minutes too late it was. That it happened three times and only since these Indian court cases popped up

• Like 9

1 minute ago, DE. said:

Indeed so, after last January if I'm in Broughton's shoes I am not trusting anybody involved with last year's fiasco. I'd literally be checking every single detail myself to make sure nothing had gone wrong, as opposed to ordering celebratory curry, especially if the deal had been supposedly concluded at least 2 hours before the deadline. That is a lot of time to make absolutely and irrefutably sure that nothing had gone wrong. Whilst it's true that the mistake is ultimately made by one person, I'm gobsmacked that nobody in the building thought it wise to make absolutely sure everything was completed correctly. 

I don't know why, Just writing what I've learnt,

Either way its a complete shambles

• Like 1

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

They ordered curry after a successful window? Even with McGuire on loan it was a shit window.

@glen9mullan was any detail shed about the Wharton money and if thats as we all expect just vanished?

The money is to be paid in instalments. It was not blocked from being used in January, however I'm told that the club cannot guarantee how much of this can be reinvested until the budgets are agreed in India April 2024. Interim forecast will be sent in March, and at present Rovers will show a significant profit, well within FFP. I believe the intention is to make a business case for a fixed % of transfer fees received to be reinvested however, this is very much a moving dart board with the Raos funds still in the air with the courts,

• Backroom

I don't know why, Just writing what I've learnt,

Either way its a complete shambles

Understand mate and I very much appreciate your candid explanation, as always. I just disagree with the "The fault of this lies solely with the secretary" line. The fault of the initial mistake, absolutely, but GB told us checks and balances were put in place to ensure this kind of thing never happened again - but clearly if this was done it was not done in a remotely satisfactory way. In my view the fault lies with everyone involved at senior management level, as they seem to have persisted with a lax and unacceptably casual attitude to checking everything is done correctly before celebrating their success.  

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, B16Rover said:

Was the Shajan order right or are they trying to deliver a Duncan McGuire? 

No that transaction went through without hiccup even though it’s being paid in instalments and they have to send the plastic trays back 

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, LDRover said:

Did the Fleck deal not go through after the McGuire one though? If so, how the hell did it get missed?

Asked this, they are all uploaded into different folders, and there is not actually anything on the screen that puts all the deals on one page as their status, its certainly appears to be an issue with this software. I actually asked this also in the players meeting yesterday and was given the same answer as I'd been given my the other 3

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

The money is to be paid in instalments. It was not blocked from being used in January, however I'm told that the club cannot guarantee how much of this can be reinvested until the budgets are agreed in India April 2024. Interim forecast will be sent in March, and at present Rovers will show a significant profit, well within FFP. I believe the intention is to make a business case for a fixed % of transfer fees received to be reinvested however, this is very much a moving dart board with the Raos funds still in the air with the courts,

Everything has always been a moving dart board with the Raos, a dart board that's likely rented, with no doubles.

• Like 5

Asked this, they are all uploaded into different folders, and there is not actually anything on the screen that puts all the deals on one page as their status, its certainly appears to be an issue with this software. I actually asked this also in the players meeting yesterday and was given the same answer as I'd been given my the other 3

If it is an issue that only seems to actually affect Rovers transfers, then surely it isn't really an issue with the software, more the competence (or motivations) of the users?

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

I would say had it been me, I'd of been ringing EFL To confirm they have everything , but clearly this did not happen

I asked this question yesterday. Why was no phone call made to the league to make sure they had everything? It’s belt and braces and vey basic 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, philipl said:

I have been CEO of a 250 person outfit and had mission critical documentation or deliveries to hit deadlines.

In each case I was physically with the team to be there 

a) as recognition for a job well done

b) to be immediately on hand if we hit a problem

c) to see the item out of the building to my satisfaction and get the read receipt or courrier acceptance pass through my hand before it duly went into the correct files.

Waggott has personally failed and should be fired. He is the CEO. The CEO is ultimately personally responsible for everything in his watch which is why he gets the salary he does. 

He should have personally made sure Silvester/Broughton/ the office cat could not possibly fail.

I have just been told in the pub here in Malta- "Blackburn - what a bunch of wankers".

That is Rovers reputation 2,000 miles away. 

Absolutely spot on.

• Like 1