BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Leicester City (h) - 01/10/23

Big lesson today - miss chances cost us dearly - Carter was a liability from the off and needs a break. Adam W was way off his game 2 mistakes led to two goals.

Learn from this and we will be okay if they don’t relegation battle looms large

Waggott Out not heard once which is pretty sad really  

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Very wise words from Sutton.

'It's a development team, being asked to compete in the Championship'

AND

'The CEO said the ambition was to avoid relegation. That's the level of ambition at BRFC. It isn't good enough'

Careful what you wish for when criticising the manager. 

Exactly what I said five minutes ago and he’s spot on. Non of this is on JDT as far as I’m concerned and has us playing decent entertaining football with as Sutton said a development squad

• Like 2

Death by 1000 cuts! Please fuck off Venkys. Rovers have lost their identity, a proper family run club. Arse and soul has been ripped out. I like JDT but he has his hands tied, he will go on to bigger things imo. I really believe we don’t need much to turn things around, no chance with those chicken fuckers in charge. 

• Like 7

40 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

This is a relegation battle team

Except it doesn't look remotely like a team that will battle in the way that's needed to scrap for points. Incredibly soft defending/goalkeeping and not the personnel to just cross into the box and someone to be on the end of it. Will be bottom 3 by this time next week. Very worrying that Wahlstedt looks as feeble as Pears.

• Like 2

Tbh, before the penalty I felt like the only thing between the two teams was a moment of individual quality, which they oozed all over the pitch. After that it’s the standard Blackburn Rovers collapse.

Coming up against the best squad in the league and gifting them goals is never going to be a recipe for success.

This game won’t tell us much about our season, but I would think we have to be targeting 4 points from the next two before the real concerns start niggling in the back of the mind.

Thought Markanday did ok overall, Brittain rightly keeps JRC out of the team, and Moran is a lovely footballer. Wharton was looking a bit more like his old self in that second half before a silly mistake put us under pressure.

Need to move on quickly.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

It is Owen Coyle football. No defensive shape at all. It's embarrassing to watch.

Let's see where we are in 5 games but I do feel this type of football will see us finish bottom 6.

Correction, more likely bottom 3.

8 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Very wise words from Sutton.

'It's a development team, being asked to compete in the Championship'

AND

'The CEO said the ambition was to avoid relegation. That's the level of ambition at BRFC. It isn't good enough'

Careful what you wish for when criticising the manager. 

Well said Sutton. 

14 minutes ago, BigBar said:

I'd play Wharton. I think he's worth playing, I think he is ready. Much rather have him there than Buckley.

Play the kids every week and we’ll get more results like today. We may need the experience Wharton gets this season in L1 though.

Buckley isn’t the answer either but stupid to loan him when our options are so limited.

The answer would have been to bring in a quality player or two whilst slowly bringing Wharton in. Tronstad doesn’t look convincing.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

JDT said all summer he needs a proven striker and didn't get one.

CEO said the ambition is to avoid relegation.

JDT is basically managing a development side, to try to get promoted, feel sorry for him.

Sunderland have a younger team than we do and are 4th in the league. They sold off their experienced players too.

Yes, we needed experience but we have good young players who are being left horribly exposed by awful tactics. Wharton is the best young midfielder in the league who is being left to look like a complete chump because he's got no one around him to support. 

Players like Carter are looking woeful as its 4 on 4 every attack so they don't know which way to turn. 

Yes, poor transfer window but the tactics are to blame at the moment. Shipping 3+ every game is inexcusable.

• Like 4