BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v QPR (a) - 7/10/23

He also played the majority of the Cardiff game where he looked out of his depth and I didnt see any attributes that stood out. 

Plus he also can barely get any minutes in a side that has had no fit strikers.

I hate this idea that we can only judge a player based on a certain number of minutes, as if we should not discuss him before. Had he scored 2 in those minutes and/or really stood out those same people would naturally be judging him and waxing lyrical and rightly so. Lets judge as we go and we all hope he makes the massive step up.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

He also played the majority of the Cardiff game where he looked out of his depth and I didnt see any attributes that stood out. 

Plus he also can barely get any minutes in a side that has had no fit strikers.

I hate this idea that we can only judge a player based on a certain number of minutes, as if we should not discuss him before. Had he scored 2 in those minutes and/or really stood out those same people would naturally be judging him and waxing lyrical and rightly so. Lets judge as we go and we all hope he makes the massive step up.

We are the pride of Lancashire.

The cock of the north

6 hours ago, Tugay-is-God said:

Telalovic is certainly behind Leonard right now. Even just with Ennis fit, I'd expect him to be given a run of games for the U23s to get up to more speed.  

From what I have seen Leonard is streets ahead.  Leonard impressed so e rught away Telalovic has done nothing at all.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Andy said:

Strange post.

We've been dropping points despite playing (on the whole) some very nice football this season.

We've finally turned someone over, as we've been threatening to do.

There's as much reason for optimism as there is pessimism at this moment in time, whilst the team is settling and gelling.

Odd post

We’ve been terrible in many games and “nice football” doesn’t entitlle anyone to win football matches 

QPR were dire, one of the worst teams I’ve seen in the Championship. Today was a welcome win but the team’s well documented problems remain

19 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Odd post

We’ve been terrible in many games and “nice football” doesn’t entitlle anyone to win football matches 

QPR were dire, one of the worst teams I’ve seen in the Championship. Today was a welcome win but the team’s well documented problems remain

Not for the next couple of weeks.

2 hours ago, Ghost7 said:

It is quite incredible how fans can judge a player based on 57 minutes of league football.

's funny, but most of us have seen a tad more than 57 minutes of the stuff, many hundreds (if not thousands) of players, and certainly enough to be able to spot the characteristics that correlate reasonably reliably with a good un or a dud un. 

Everyone on here wants every player who pulls on the shirt to be a good un, and we all understand that there are lots of factors outside the control of any player that can confound their potential on the pitch. We can generally all see too, when a player has the attributes of a good un, but we can also sense when something is missing (for whatever reason) and the nature of the football fan is to say what we see 😉

Let's hope it is simply a period of adjustment, and a steep learning curve that is ultimately conquered for the young Deutsche. I would certainly love for him to come good.

COY German Blue!

I read on here that we had 1300 or so fans there Saturday and I read somewhere else that the away end was sold out.

If both are true did we only get an allocation of 1300 then?

Seems odd. Away end wasn't full.

Edited by 47er

10 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Only Jim, isn’t it? You’ve been around brfcs long enough to know that’s just the way he rolls on here, revels in his Mr Curmudgeon role … he’ll have loved it really. 😅

I have seen quite a few 'only QPR' comments which are to undermine our win.

And that’s fair enough, you have to take any win (and defeat) with a pinch of salt. They looked like they’d given up second half, certainly weren’t busting a gut for their manager and are obviously a poor side who could well go down.

On the flip side it’s why I wasn’t particularly upset with the Leicester game. A thrashing on the surface but we gave a far better set of players a good game for long periods. 

All about context.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

And that’s fair enough, you have to take any win (and defeat) with a pinch of salt. They looked like they’d given up second half, certainly weren’t busting a gut for their manager and are obviously a poor side who could well go down.

On the flip side it’s why I wasn’t particularly upset with the Leicester game. A thrashing on the surface but we gave a far better set of players a good game for long periods. 

All about context.

I rarely get carried away with wins or defeats and really believe in the 'one game at a time' mantra but nothing beats that winning feeling irrespective of who we beat. The journey home after any away win is always much more pleasurable 😁.

• Like 1

In fairness Jim does have half a point, QPR look a terrible team, I was half expecting to wake up to news of Ainsworth being sacked.

That being said, one of our problems has been converting chances, you can't deny that problem went away yesterday, let's hope its not temporary. We could have done without the damn international break disrupting the momentum from yesterday.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

In fairness Jim does have half a point, QPR look a terrible team, I was half expecting to wake up to news of Ainsworth being sacked.

That being said, one of our problems has been converting chances, you can't deny that problem went away yesterday, let's hope its not temporary. We could have done without the damn international break disrupting the momentum from yesterday.

How many times have we said we shouldn't be losing to them? Any victory should be enjoyed.

How many times have weve been told by opposing mangers, we are the best team they've played when weve lost to them?

Refreshing to hear praise when we've won 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I rarely get carried away with wins or defeats and really believe in the 'one game at a time' mantra but nothing beats that winning feeling irrespective of who we beat. The journey home after any away win is always much more pleasurable 😁.

The best way to be whether we win or lose, stay grounded and calm. 

How did Tronstad play yesterday? 

11 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Wonder if we are back in for a striker come January with the German nuttall seemingly a mile from standard currently 

why don't you give him a chance first? he has been here less than 6 weeks, just let him settle him, find a house, understand what JDT wants and how he wants us to play. 

8 hours ago, Ghost7 said:

It is quite incredible how fans can judge a player based on 57 minutes of league football.

exactly, People are far too judgemental on our signings. Time to judge him is at the end of the season

This place at 2pm on a matchday always makes me laugh. ‘Shocking selections’, ‘this is on the manager’, ‘he’s lost the plot’, ‘he obviously wants the sack’.

It’s the Championship, owt can happen. Obviously a chance you’ll make yourself look a right wally by full time. 😅

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

exactly, People are far too judgemental on our signings. Time to judge him is at the end of the season

Like you do that, it’ll be all ‘he needs a full pre season under his belt, we can’t judge him until the end of next season’. 😁

23 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I have seen quite a few 'only QPR' comments which are to undermine our win.

I get your point, and you can only beat who's in front of you but we are way overdue to beat a team better than QPR. I think we'll all sigh with relief when it happens.