BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v QPR (a) - 7/10/23

43 minutes ago, tomphil said:

About time we handed a bit of credit to those who found this lad and got him to sign 👍

Agreed. An incredible find. If he sticks around on a permanent, he’ll be a serious asset to us in this league and potentially the one above.

A frankly remarkable upgrade on Diaz.

• Like 8

Think its premature to say "a frankly remarkable upgrade on Diaz." To achieve that, he would need to score significantly more than 37 goals in the next 2 seasons if indeed he even stays that long.

Very promising start though, the most eye catching of the signings on paper within a very difficult window and very promising on the pitch now he has got himself fit. Brereton left a huge gap in being the one player capable to get into goalscoring positions and not even as a central striker. Sigurdsson has shown signs of having that same knack and whilst not sharing the same speed, he seems a more technical player too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

About time we handed a bit of credit to those who found this lad and got him to sign 👍

We were in a Rovers Trust meeting with the club moments after they completed this deal and they were genuinely really excited by it. Looks like they were right and yes, they should be given credit where it is due for it, for certain 💙🤍

• Like 8

Was on a stag do yesterday and in a bar with poor signal so I wasn't able to keep up with the game,just saw the score on SSN in the background.

Seen the highlights and it's a superb result and looks like a superb performance. 

Sigurdsson is looking like a hell of a signing and Szmodics now leading the championship goal scorers charts 💪

3 hours ago, tomphil said:

Yes.

I genuinely saw posts on here writing him off as a 'crock', literally before he'd even kicked a ball for us.

Makes you question the mindset.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

In 2023 Rovers have won more games at Loftus Road than QPR have.

I thought, surely that's not true, so I checked their results, and it is. That's even including friendlies and cup games (1 of each, and of course we haven't played friendlies or cup games there).

In fact, they've only earned one more point than us at Loftus Road, 7 to our 6. That's just shocking that.

1 win in 16 home games I make it.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

And yet their supporters still traipse down, great being a football fan, ain’t it. 😁

I walked back to White City after the match and chatted to two QPR fans who have resigned themselves to relegation but interestingly didn't blame Gareth Ainsworth. They said the turmoil off the field over a period of time has culminated in their current position. They did say though that they thought he would be sacked but his only saving grace could be they can't afford to pay him off.

A great day out. Whilst QPR were a very poor side, I was delighted to see us looking comfortable on the ball (no shock there) but also pretty solid defensively. You can't grumble at a 4-0 win!

Sigurdsson is going to be some player for us! Dolan also showed a welcome return to some sort of form, whilst the defence continued to look solid. Brittain looked bright after coming on, Hill looks to be a find and we were so dynamic and fluid positionally. Szmodics continues to rack up goals too. 

A really enjoyable day out capped off by a vocal away end! 

Edited by smiller14
  • Like 8

29 minutes ago, smiller14 said:

A great day out. Whilst QPR were a very poor side, I was delighted to see us looking comfortable on the ball (no shock there) but also pretty solid defensively. You can't grumble at a 4-0 win!

Sigurdsson is going to be some player for us! Dolan also showed a welcome return to some sort of form, whilst the defence continued to look solid. Brittain looked bright after coming on, Hill looks to be a find and we were so dynamic and fluid positionally. Szmodics continues to rack up goals too. 

A really enjoyable day out capped off by a vocal away end! 

agree. Also tronstad and costello were good in cm, exactly what we needed, lets hope they can perform to those levels against better oppo. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Polky said:

A view of the goals from the QPR perspective 😄

Everything about this video confirms every stereotype northern fans have about southern fans. It's like if someone did a Rovers fans POV video and they were wore a flat cap and took a wippet to the game. Felt like one step away from a parody.

And for his dad (I think) at the end, I guess we didn't look that amazing but we looked in absolute total control throughout. We did look special against Sunderland first half but then lost 3-1, so I know which I would rather be...

Edited by joey_big_nose
  • Like 1

I only half watched the last 30 mins on Saturday as the parents in law turned up unexpectedly... so went back and watched after. Two things stood out -

1)  Ennis made zero impression. Obviously not writing him off but just was a bit of a nothing performance. Looking forward to him getting more up to speed over the international break. He's going to have the opportunity to make #9 his own over the next run so I really hope he grasps it.

2) Brittain played right wing very well. He's such a good allround footballer I wonder if this could be where he ends up. Makes us very solid down the right with Hill in behind, he's got that ability to drift and find space, good pace, fantastic technique, has the ability to recover and get back into shape quickly. Markanday had a good game and I am sure will keep his place, but longer term I can see some mileage in Brittain playing further up.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

I only half watched the last 30 mins on Saturday as the parents in law turned up unexpectedly... so went back and watched after. Two things stood out -

1)  Ennis made zero impression. Obviously not writing him off but just was a bit of a nothing performance. Looking forward to him getting more up to speed over the international break. He's going to have the opportunity to make #9 his own over the next run so I really hope he grasps it.

2) Brittain played right wing very well. He's such a good allround footballer I wonder if this could be where he ends up. Makes us very solid down the right with Hill in behind, he's got that ability to drift and find space, good pace, fantastic technique, has the ability to recover and get back into shape quickly. Markanday had a good game and I am sure will keep his place, but longer term I can see some mileage in Brittain playing further up.

Fully agree on Brittain.

I thought the same about Ennis, but by that point we were going through the motions and not playing with the same intensity or creating chances. There was no real service or urgency from that point, so felt a bit sorry for him tbh. 

• Like 2

On 08/10/2023 at 09:07, Mattyblue said:

1300 for a game down there at £31 a ticket is excellent. First Saturday London fixture of the season so obviously our south east based fans came out in good numbers.

It was £37 for a ticket in the gold section, whatever that was!