BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v QPR (a) - 7/10/23

2 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

Cant agree with this personally, Hill having the physicality and awareness of a centre back on the right has been a big positive for us. Put him central and drop a cb and I think we will look more brittle again with Brittain or JRC wandering around midfield.

Hill gives us some much needed extra height as well, I’d leave him where he is.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 8

40 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I dont think it was the absence of Wharton that made a positive difference. Tronstad was good but is not the same class on the ball. A mixture of QPRs ineptness and in the last 2 games us not being quite as gung ho.

Hopefully you wont wish serious injury on him.

It was the absence of Travis - we had two CMs who were comfortable on the ball today.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

On a par with lightweights who do pissed exaggerated typing 🥱

Oooo ark her. Love it when people are judgmental. It’s like they’ve havent done anything but followed the line. Comments without actual being there to see the situation 

Edited by Moptop1

well done to all the 1,300 Rovers fans who travelled there today. Not a cheap day out for the fans but they got a win and performance

1 hour ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

All four goals were preventable by QPR.

Away, Fleurie and park chops await.

But they didn't. They were poor and we scored 4 when it should have been 6 or 7. 

1 minute ago, Miller11 said:

I liked how the full backs were often looking for (and finding) that big diagonal ball over to the opposite wing today. Definitely worked mixing things up a bit than every ball coming inside to Wharton.

We lined up with traditional full backs today for the first time in a long time (as opposed to inverted fullbacks).

And it worked a treat.

Thought Pickering was solid and Hill was one of today's better performers - looks a real talent.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Andy said:

We lined up with traditional full backs today for the first time in a long time (as opposed to inverted fullbacks).

And it worked a treat.

Thought Pickering was solid and Hill was one of today's better performers - looks a real talent.

I think Hill is more than a decent player at this level...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rogerb said:

Ainsworth has been sacked

To think so many on here would have been happy to have him as mowbrays replacement 😬 

He's been found out big timecatvthis level sadly, he'll be regretting he have up such a cushy job for life at Wycombe, he'll probably just go on to be a lower league journey manager now

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rogerb said:

I’m hoping he doesn’t get the pot, he’s a Blackburn Rovers man at heart and did a great job at Wycombe. I would like him to turn it around but if he survives today, he is obviously in the last chance saloon, particularly with Beale available again after leaving them last year after a good start.

• Like 2

A decent performance, but I'd put more emphasis on the clean sheet than I would on the four goals scored, as it is from defence that we will need to build any consistency as a platform to kick on.

All four goals were good though 😉

JDT will want to take something from today, but as the bard once said, "One swallow a summer doth not make"

I'd swallow four goals scored and none conceded every weekend though, wouldn't you?

WEIRDOS AND FAT BWAGGOTS OUT!

19 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

To think so many on here would have been happy to have him as mowbrays replacement 😬 

He's been found out big timecatvthis level sadly, he'll be regretting he have up such a cushy job for life at Wycombe, he'll probably just go on to be a lower league journey manager now

...or go on tour with The Travelling Wilburys..

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Moptop1 said:

Oooo ark her. Love it when people are judgmental. It’s like they’ve havent done anything but followed the line. Comments without actual being there to see the situation 

Honestly, just go to bed and stop harping on

• Like 5

• Backroom
2 hours ago, Moptop1 said:

I’ve done nowt wrong. Wasn’t  that bad. I’ve had far worse at away games. Even the police agreed with me and other stewards agreed with me. The main steward walked off when challenged. What I’d done. What does that say?

Asking that myself tbh…

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

I liked how the full backs were often looking for (and finding) that big diagonal ball over to the opposite wing today. Definitely worked mixing things up a bit than every ball coming inside to Wharton.

Kenny D ball😊

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Andy said:

Regarding the midfield, hopefully today has proven the importance of having a proper deep/holding midfielder.

Wharton is exceptionally gifted, but needs to be playing further up the field.

Wharton didnt play further up the field last year. Theres no reason why we couldnt have him and Tronstad deeper although if Travis does play, just dont instruct him to go so far forward.

• Like 2