BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v QPR (a) - 7/10/23

19 hours ago, Andy said:

Result to come with the performance this time.

QPR 0 v 3 Rovers.

Start of a run of form.

Was a goal out, but I’ll take it.

Lets hope I’m right on the bottom bit.

• Like 2

Excellent win and much needed. League table still doesnt look as great but a bit of distance between the bottom 3. Thankfully there are 3 terrible teams in this league so youd like to think we will be fine.

I dont actually think we were that great performance wise, they were just laughably bad, constantly making terrible mistakes as evident by our fourth. We made a lot of errors and sloppy passes, Carter was all over the place at times and was bullied by Armstrong and Hill is not a right back, regularly beaten by Chair. Also, Wahlstedt never catching the ball will cause us issues, he keeps punching and it leads to the ball instantly coming back into the box. Any opposition quality and as we have seen, there are goals there for other teams, they should have had one or two.

Sigurdsson is not the quickest but he seems to have a bit of quality above the rest, his second was a particularly good finish. Szmodics was nowhere near clinical enough but him and the improved Dolan also caused them all sorts of problems. Not sure what to make of Tronstad, in the main very effective but he always isnt far away from a sloppy pass but I thought he did well. Rankin Costello did well from midfield and was superb for the second goal. Pickering was good and Hyam was the main man responsible for us keeping the clean sheet, very good.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Moptop1 said:

Been kicked out of gane before March for saying I’ve had a few drinks with family. I wasn’t even drunk. In 47 yrs of supporting rocers ne we had the.. I wasn’t event drunk. Stewards was abusive but blamed me. Others involved. I’ll be telling rovers and QPR. . Nothing like this has happening since supporting rovers since 1976

Can you do likewise every week from now on then please pal?

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Excellent win and much needed. League table still doesnt look as great but a bit of distance between the bottom 3. Thankfully there are 3 terrible teams in this league so youd like to think we will be fine.

I dont actually think we were that great performance wise, they were just laughably bad, constantly making terrible mistakes as evident by our fourth. We made a lot of errors and sloppy passes, Carter was all over the place at times and was bullied by Armstrong and Hill is not a right back, regularly beaten by Chair. Also, Wahlstedt never catching the ball will cause us issues, he keeps punching and it leads to the ball instantly coming back into the box. Any opposition quality and as we have seen, there are goals there for other teams, they should have had one or two.

Sigurdsson is not the quickest but he seems to have a bit of quality above the rest, his second was a particularly good finish. Szmodics was nowhere near clinical enough but him and the improved Dolan also caused them all sorts of problems. Not sure what to make of Tronstad, in the main very effective but he always isnt far away from a sloppy pass but I thought he did well. Rankin Costello did well from midfield and was superb for the second goal. Pickering was good and Hyam was the main man responsible for us keeping the clean sheet, very good.

It's funny how we watch the same games, but come away with different reviews.

I disagree with almost all of the above - I thought we finally took our chances, which we've failed to do numerous times this season, and we finally had a GK that wasn't just gifting the opposition goals. 

• Like 3

Just now, Danishfan said:

I was impressed by Leo and Siggy. Surely they must be first choice now?

Sigurdsson is first choice, he's just being handled carefully as he missed the entire preseason with a groin injury. I don't think he's played more than 60 minutes this season - hopefully we'll see him finishing games after the international break.

As for Wahlstedt, well he's clearly a much, much better GK than Pears... but JDT seems to have a blind spot for Aynsley, so who knows. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

It's funny how we watch the same games, but come away with different reviews.

I disagree with almost all of the above - I thought we finally took our chances, which we've failed to do numerous times this season, and we finally had a GK that wasn't just gifting the opposition goals. 

We fluffed a few good situations - in the second half the Moran miss and the 3 on 2 where we delayed releasing Szmodics and he eventually was offside come to mind - but no one can complain about that performance or finishing.

It was also noticeable we took a lot more shots on from 18+ yards. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Andy said:

We played well and made them look awful in doing so.

Theyve won 1 home game in a year and 2 points in 10 home games. Some of the mistakes they made were not only hilariously bad but totally unenforced, like for the fourth, not us necessarily making them look bad. Their right back (who is actually a left back) was particularly woeful. Weve "played better" this season and not got results, we made plenty of unenforced errors ourselves and there are certainly aspects (Carters performance, the keeper flapping at every thing, Hill is not a right back) of the performance that will cause concerns.

But football is and always has and will be a results game no matter what nonsense people like to spout. So to win 4 nil away from home is always a fantastic result and a great feeling going into the break. And of course there were plenty of positives. We did play well, you dont win 4 nil without playing well. But QPR made themselves look as bad as they keep proving they are at least as much as we made them look bad.

• Like 2