BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v QPR (a) - 7/10/23

3 minutes ago, Nic81 said:

Well if we are looking up, then five points off the play offs with nearly a quarter of the season gone and us only just starting to gel, is quite positive! 

That definitely belongs on the optimists thread 😉 

The win today is crucial, but it was against a club who have been pretty dire this season, (and will most likely result in the departure of their manager).

We've won one and lost four of the last five games.

It's a small but very important step in the right direction.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

Interesting that he didn't throw Telalovic on for 20 mins with the game won. I thought that would have been the perfect opportunity to give him some minutes. I don't think he'll be in the match day squad after the intl break with Leonard back. 

I think getting some minutes in Ennis’s legs was the right call today. Telalovic looks like he needs a while in the U23s and perhaps a January loan.

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, R0verb0y said:

I bet Mrs. M. had to make a huge Lemon Drizzle cake later on this afternoon!!       😉😁😅😂🤣 

He'll be in a dark room listening to Coldplay tonight whilst JDT will be up the West End drinking Carlsberg and jaeger bombs.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

I think getting some minutes in Ennis’s legs was the right call today. Telalovic looks like he needs a while in the U23s and perhaps a January loan.

Yeah I was curious if there was something about Telalovic the stats dont tell... but after seeing him he is clearly a development player well behind Gallagher, Ennis and (to a lesser extent) Leonard. Reckon Dolan also in the mix ahead of him to spearhead the attack too.

I wouldn't write him off, we do that way too easily, but he's some way off.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, pick32 said:

First time this season we have a Championship standard goalkeeper, Dolan and Sigurdson were excellent and Tronstad can actually play a part this season great result. We played a lot better without Adam Wharton who I’m a massive fan of, headache for the manager 

I dont think it was the absence of Wharton that made a positive difference. Tronstad was good but is not the same class on the ball. A mixture of QPRs ineptness and in the last 2 games us not being quite as gung ho.

Hopefully you wont wish serious injury on him.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Yeah I was curious if there was something about Telalovic the stats dont tell... but after seeing him he is clearly a development player well behind Gallagher, Ennis and (to a lesser extent) Leonard. Reckon Dolan also in the mix ahead of him to spearhead the attack too.

I wouldn't write him off, we do that way too easily, but he's some way off.

Yep it's the fitness and intensity side he needs to work on i think they threw him in to have a look and no harm in that but needs a few months hard graft out of sight now to build up stamina.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Wharton Travis midfield should not happen again. 

So much worse

Id hesitate to say anything definitive after a game against an absolutely shocking QPR side.

Travis and Wharton have both blown hot and cold, and my guess is that Tronstad and JRC will be similar. 

Good though that, on their day, we look to have four very decent centre mids who we can rotate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

Very welcome and confidence-boosting win after a terrible run but goodness me, QPR were poor and look destined for the drop. I hope no one gets carried away - this isn't the start of a charge up the table 

Strange post.

We've been dropping points despite playing (on the whole) some very nice football this season.

We've finally turned someone over, as we've been threatening to do.

There's as much reason for optimism as there is pessimism at this moment in time, whilst the team is settling and gelling.

• Like 6

57 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Hill looks like he has a lot going for him and he hasnt let anyone down at right back but you can tell he isnt a natural there. With Carter our poorest performer today and with Brittain on the bench, I think I would move Hill inside. Against Chair he was beaten a few times in areas he naturally wont be strongest in.

Cant agree with this personally, Hill having the physicality and awareness of a centre back on the right has been a big positive for us. Put him central and drop a cb and I think we will look more brittle again with Brittain or JRC wandering around midfield.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

All four goals were preventable by QPR.

Away, Fleurie and park chops await.

Few pints and tonight’s Rugby for myself. 

Someone posted it during the match but the first goal feels so crucial (not sure if that’s generic in the league or just our team and our heads dropping). 
The past 4 games we’ve had loads of chances to take that lead and then instead get hit with a sucker punch, leading to us completely losing the plot (Sunderland in particular). 

3 very winnable games coming up, shame about the pointless Int. Break, gives us some recovery time and we should be aiming for a maximum return from those fixtures. 

• Backroom
7 minutes ago, Andy said:

Strange post.

We've been dropping points despite playing (on the whole) some very nice football this season.

We've finally turned someone over, as we've been threatening to do.

There's as much reason for optimism as there is pessimism at this moment in time, whilst the team is settling and gelling.

Only Watford on the opening day have put four past QPR, and Leeds only managed one in QPR's last match, so we shouldn't sell ourselves short. It was an impressive display of goalscoring today and exactly what we needed to boost morale at a time when it could have started dropping after repeated defeats. 

Edited by DE.
  • Like 8