BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v QPR (a) - 7/10/23

2 hours ago, Tugayisgod said:

Anybody lumping on Sammi to score 20 league goals? Probably not 1000/1 like BBD was but still healthy odds I dare say.

Also the reason why not bringing in another goalscorer may not be as important as first thought.

The goals will really be spread around this season 

Sammie and Siggy scoring for fun at the minute and I just sense that if Ennis can finally get some games he will chip in with a good few as well.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Tabula Rasa said:

Enjoyable day all round.

Just a couple of thoughts.

Tronstadt reminds me of Mecky - for those of my generation. Industrious, unspectacular, link up play. Left foot in obvious awe of the right one.

Some obvious confusion between goalkeeper and defence early doors. For example, passing almost into trouble inside the penalty area, miscommunication between Hyam and our GK. These things don't appear on the stats but they're crucial.

It can't be easy for a keeper coming into a team leaking 3 and 4 goals per game. This is such an important position. We have to make the Wahlstedt experiment work. Juggling keepers is going to bite us on the ass otherwise.

Agree. Perhaps he was really genuinely our No1 target. I don't trust what the brass say but Leo seems to be doing an ok job in past couple of games.

2 hours ago, Tugayisgod said:

Anybody lumping on Sammi to score 20 league goals? Probably not 1000/1 like BBD was but still healthy odds I dare say.

Also the reason why not bringing in another goalscorer may not be as important as first thought.

The goals will really be spread around this season 

Mad really, we don’t have a recognised CF available and started the season with just an academy lad fit. An attacking midfielder top of the divisional goal chart and yet us near the bottom and missing chances galore. Just shows that the crucial requirement is to be tight at the back and stop conceding cheap, cheap goals.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, DE. said:

As I said, most of the shots were no-hopers so it didn't matter yesterday, but our goals conceded column shows it has mattered against better teams. Even Rotherham, who are worse than QPR this season, put a couple past us. It was fantastic to keep a clean sheet yesterday and there's nothing to complain about as far as the result or overall performance is concerned. Just a minor concern.

Yeh this is a big concern. We need to focus on our defence and that includes every player. Surprised with those numbers despite tronstad playing who's role was to control mf

9 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Play terrible and score 4, yet play great most other weeks and ship 3/4 each time… go figure 🤷‍♂️

We didn't play terrible, he's just using that as another stick to beat the manager with.

3 hours ago, arbitro said:

Tronstad in my view did exactly what Tomasson brought him here to do namely keep the ball moving and recycle it. He was good in the tackle and creative when the opportunity arose. His fitness isn't quite there yet but I see enough to appreciate why we brought him in.

I thought he looked decent first game of the season at home, just off the pace. He also passed sideways a lot. He played safe basically. 

JDT said recently in an interview that Tronny needed to pass forward more. In midweek he looked a totally different player when he came on, every time he got the ball he looked to pass forward. 

He looks an old fashioned schemer to me, a No4 in old money, like Batty or Barker.

Hopefully he nails down the DM role and that allows Wharton to play a bit higher where he can hurt the opposition more with his through balls. 

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, booth said:

We didn't play terrible, he's just using that as another stick to beat the manager with.

I know we didn’t, ‘we were shit and they were too’ is the flip side of patronising managers/opposing fans saying how marvellous the team they just put 4 past are.

Edited by Mattyblue

• Backroom
37 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Good good, more of that.

Yes, would much rather see opposition fans and managers crying about how "awful" we are after smashing them, than getting empty platitudes after valiantly losing. 

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
2 hours ago, Polky said:

image.thumb.png.4394514b4692d8210d74222626f9af53.png

🧂🧂🧂

Are there any more sour grapes available on the planet?
Oh well, I do love seeing oppo fans fuming about getting slapped at home by us, though. ❤️.

• Like 4