BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Cardiff City (h) - 21/10/2023

7 minutes ago, moerpho said:

Something feel off today. Earlier games we’ve created chances but not scored - today we’re not creating chances and not scoring. Unusually uneventful game as well. 0-0 on the books?

Classic trade off. We're playing a lot more conservatively to avoid conceding. Hill at RB, Tronstad properly sweeping up in CDM, JRC not bombing on like Travis was. So we look very solid.... But creating very little.

I am assuming will gungho it up a bit late second half.

14 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

That basically everybody who Gregg has brought in has been good except for Hirst who then went on to do very well at Ipswich makes me a bit hopeful Telalovic has something we haven't seen yet.

You mean apart from Hirst Ennis Telalovic Mola Morton the keeper and Uncle Tom Cobley and all?

14 minutes ago, yankfan said:

Far cry from the open and high scoring matches a few weeks back. 

We're essentially playing with a flat back 4 with a sitting DM.

Hill isn't getting forward much from RB (as he's a CB) and Pickering can't get forward much at LB (as he's incapable of getting up and down the flank at this level).

A few weeks ago we had Brittain/JRC bombing on from FB, Travis playing alongside Szmodics and Wharton trying to pull the strings from CM. 

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

You mean apart from Hirst Ennis Telalovic Mola Morton the keeper and Uncle Tom Cobley and all?

If you're able to condemn Ennis and Telalovic on the limited minutes we've seen them they you're a better scout than most - have you thought about a career change?

• Like 5

Just now, rovers11 said:

Give that linesman a medal. Never offside but we'll take it.

Front 4 been poor. Need some changes. Pickering and Dolan off. Markanday and Ennis on.

It'd be offside if we had VAR - so technically it's a stellar spot, you just don't get those at this level. 

4 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

Give that linesman a medal. Never offside but we'll take it.

Front 4 been poor. Need some changes. Pickering and Dolan off. Markanday and Ennis on.

One of their lads was offside on front of our goalie, so interfering with play.

I’ve seen goals like that given so at least today the officials got it spot on.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

We really got away with that one... Never seen a goal disallowed like that.

Issue for me is JRC is having a rare poor game. Wonder if we might try Wharton and Tronstad together?

The problem for JRC is that he was our player of the season after Christmas - he was pulling out phenomenal performances. He's set the bar too high for himself - I think he's been good this season, but you know he's capable of more so you mark him more harshly. 

Edited by Exiled_Rover

1 minute ago, wilsdenrover said:

Report them to Trading Standards… 

You do know that Trading Standards is an area particularly badly hit by cuts in local government budgets / spending. There's literally no-one left who either gives a fook, or is able to take any action if 'ahem, "wrongdoing" is reported.

Mind you, plenty of Rovers fans might be questioning whether they've been short changed in many respects this season, so probably best to keep schtum about a few pence over for a 45p can of coke. (only £2.85 overcharged, innit).

5 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

The problem for JRC is that he was our player of the season after Christmas - he was pulling out phenomenal performances. He's set the bar too high for himself - I think he's been good this season, but you know he's capable of more so you mark him more harshly. 

I dont think im being harsh on JRC. In this game for me he's had it on the edge of the final third half a dozen times and not found Sigurdsson or Szmodics which is the main reason they've been mostly anonymous. Its important we pass it well into the front three.

JRC has been decent without the ball. But basically due to the way we're set up most things will go through JRC so we need him on point, and if not working we should switch it.

Edited by joey_big_nose

Just now, rovers11 said:

It was never offside. He's not impeding the line of sight. 

Thank gawd we had superman with his x-ray eyesight on the line, instead of the usual knobhead.