BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Millwall (a) - 24/10/2023

3 minutes ago, LDRover said:

Really hard fought win that and one I felt we deserved. Maybe a bit churlish to pick a couple of players out but Scott Wharton has definitely regressed to looking a bit of a liability and I'll take some convincing on the new keeper.

Nevertheless, I'm as happy as a pig in shit tonight.

Wow.

Few saying Scot W and Carter struggled, but just as many saying they were solid.

Think they all deserve credit.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, LDRover said:

Really hard fought win that and one I felt we deserved. Maybe a bit churlish to pick a couple of players out but Scott Wharton has definitely regressed to looking a bit of a liability and I'll take some convincing on the new keeper.

Nevertheless, I'm as happy as a pig in shit tonight.

Bollocks. Gave the ball away a couple of times but defended really well. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Herbie6590 said:

Toughest choice yet this season I think with several strong candidates.

Britain, Hill, Carter, Tronstad, Dolan all brilliant. JRC just edges it for me, never put a foot wrong and showed that box to box midfielders do still exist.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, neophox said:

Well the header from one yard from Harding he may had to take but was always going in .defending wasn't good. He grew in the game. Not the Pears blunders so far.

That tonight was worse than any of Pears. Genuinely. Really was a howler of the highest order.

• Like 2

A really stressful watch and we didnt manage the game that well allowing attack after attack but some real spirited defending and grit got us over the line. All about the result again and a third win on the bounce.

Carter was excellent, now we arent playing stupidly gung ho football he has reverted back from a total liability earlier in the season to the player we saw last season. Scott Wharton was also really good in tough circumstances. After being sloppy at times in the first half, Tronstad grew into the game and was very good as a defensive shield and Rankin Costello was our biggest attacking threat, he shows quality and composure in the final third perhaps like no one else in the squad.

Brittains goal was immense, still not convinced by him as a right winger but he is a good player for sure. Hill had a few lapses on the ball but helps to make us more solid and his assist for the winner was great. Pickering was solid too. Dolan and Szmodics had similar games, put their all in but didnt do enough in the final third.

I have mentioned red flags about Wahlstedt, his constant refusal to catch brings unnecessary nerves and he did that a couple of times but that mistake was inexcusable. Sigurdsson was really poor, he looks very slow and lacking creativity, maybe he is just unfit but when he isnt scoring im not sure what he offers so far, early days.

Moran had a game similar to I think Boro at home when he came on and seemed lost, and Ennis continues to look overweight. Wharton brought some composure.

• Backroom

Thought we were generally solid defensively, and it was only a ridiculous individual error that caused us to concede tonight. We may not be playing pretty football so much now, but we're robust defensively and winning matches, and that'll do me.  

• Like 3

Fantastic come back from the lads

Tronstad was man of the match. He made a block in the last few minutes that will go under the radar but it was fantastic

Mentions go to Carter, Hill, Brittain and JRC who all had good games. I wonder if those people who think JRC is "technically deficient" are now wondering how they got it so wrong? Haha

3 wins in a row. Lovely jubbly

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, yankfan said:

3 on the bounce and we haven’t looked our best in any of them. 

Well thats football to be honest... You can play great football but if youre weak at the back you will lose more than you win. If you are average going forward but defensively sound you'll do well.

The gung-ho way we started the season was fun but unless you are streets ahead of your opposition in terms of quality it is asking for trouble.

That said would like us to go a bit more adventurous but keep Hill and Tronstad in the side, think maybe there is a happy medium.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

link doesn't seem to take you to the ratings? 

Carter MOTM for me, with HIll and JRC a close 2nd. 

https://www.brfcs.com/magazine/football/match/1047579/millwall-blackburn?tab=voting

Make sure you are signed in & refresh until you see the Ratings tab,,,👍🏻

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

A really stressful watch and we didnt manage the game that well allowing attack after attack but some real spirited defending and grit got us over the line. All about the result again and a third win on the bounce.

Carter was excellent, now we arent playing stupidly gung ho football he has reverted back from a total liability earlier in the season to the player we saw last season. Scott Wharton was also really good in tough circumstances. After being sloppy at times in the first half, Tronstad grew into the game and was very good as a defensive shield and Rankin Costello was our biggest attacking threat, he shows quality and composure in the final third perhaps like no one else in the squad.

Brittains goal was immense, still not convinced by him as a right winger but he is a good player for sure. Hill had a few lapses on the ball but helps to make us more solid and his assist for the winner was great. Pickering was solid too. Dolan and Szmodics had similar games, put their all in but didnt do enough in the final third.

I have mentioned red flags about Wahlstedt, his constant refusal to catch brings unnecessary nerves and he did that a couple of times but that mistake was inexcusable. Sigurdsson was really poor, he looks very slow and lacking creativity, maybe he is just unfit but when he isnt scoring im not sure what he offers so far, early days.

Moran had a game similar to I think Boro at home when he came on and seemed lost, and Ennis continues to look overweight. Wharton brought some composure.

"Ennis continues to look overweight"

very harsh mate. at this level, no matter how poor the owners are, the conditioning staff won't let a player get over weight, if he does he wouldnt be in the squad let alone come on for a game. they monitor this stuff really closely

• Like 6

1 minute ago, neophox said:

Ive seen the same from Pears to be fair and also that meant us losing.

Again though, not as bad as that and he too has been guilty of some real beauts. Need both to cut them out end of story. Great result in the end.