BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Norwich City (a) - 5/11/23

1 minute ago, Trinidad Rover said:

2 lovely goals, we are excellent on the counter attack.

Scott Wharton is a concern - looks a shadow of the player he was a season or so ago. Positioning all over the place.

Moran and Dolan playing well. Hill excellent as per.

Szmodics looks shattered.

Scott clearly isn’t a ball playing defender. I think sometimes he’s so concerned about trying to play out from the back, that his defending has regressed.

Scott would fit right into a team like Rotherham, nothing fancy, just defend and get rid.

Next goal huge.

Rovers score then we'll romp it.

Norwich get an early one and owt can happen.

Think we have a goalie problem.  Pears not good enough, Leo not growing into it - not inspiring confidence, yet.

1 minute ago, Polky said:

Scott clearly isn’t a ball playing defender. I think sometimes he’s so concerned about trying to play out from the back, that his defending has regressed.

Scott would fit right into a team like Rotherham, nothing fancy, just defend and get rid.

Well I think Scott thinks hes a ball playing centre half! Hes always looking for the incisive forward pass. Rarely makes them. And his positioning is worrying.

Everyone playing very well except the two Whartons and Leo.

• Like 2

I was having a conversation with someone who had watched Leo play in Norway quite regularly and he was raving about him - 'best keeper in the division', 'how did you get him so cheap?', 'top, top keeper, will be a first choice international' etc.

Seemed quite surprised when I said he hadn't had a very good start, but it does give me hope he's worth persevering with.

• Like 1

Rovers should have ben out of sight after 20 minutes. 2 good goals and there should have been 2 more. Rovers played well, Norwich were poor.

Tim Sherwood used to get plenty of stick for giving the ball away, but he tried to make aggressive passes. Wharton is trying the same. If one of them would have come off there would have been a very good scoring opportunity. 

Szmodics doesn't look 100% fit. The keeper doesn't look convincing either.

I'd like to see a 3rd Rovers goal, preferably early. 

I have to give a hat tip to the Rovers fans at the game. Every time Shane Duffy got the ball it coincided with loud booing. It forced the commentator doing ESPN's coverage to explain why Rovers fans were doing it. He said that Duffy's last 11 games for Rovers included him scoring 4, 3 own goals, and 2 sendings off. He then clarified that his last game Duffy scored 2 own goals and was sent off. Well done commentator. Yet another seedy incident explained to a wider audience.

• Like 1

That 4-0 bet is looking good 🤣 14/1 when we were already 2 up.

Moran might not be constantly in the action, but he is making things happen when he gets space.  And Norwich haven’t figured out how to play against us with our lack of a centre-forward.  Too much space between defence and midfield for Dolan, Szmodics and Moran.

• Like 1