BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Stoke City (a) - 25/11/2023

It has been sloppy from both sides really. Not a great advertisement for technical football

It's been a good watch though. First 15 were end to end and really, with a bit of quality, five or six goals could have been scored

We need to improve going forward. I'd take Dolan off - he isn't up to it today. Bring Leonard on, who I think is going to get bags of chances today and might be a game he can get some serious confidence from

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

It has been sloppy from both sides really. Not a great advertisement for technical football

It's been a good watch though. First 15 were end to end and really, with a bit of quality, five or six goals could have been scored

We need to improve going forward. I'd take Dolan off - he isn't up to it today. Bring Leonard on, who I think is going to get bags of chances today and might be a game he can get some serious confidence from

I watch us play every week and come away each time thinking "if only we had a 6' striker with a bit of pace".

We're playing with a False 9 again today with Dolan upfront. It really does stifle our attack. 

• Like 1

Been a poor quality game. Szmodics is the sole threat and should have 2 but Moran and Brittain have been ineffective as has Dolan who has given the ball away a few times due to his inability to hold it up. Hes not a striker though. Wharton is the one to unlock them, hes been a mixture of excellent passes and sloppiness.

Defensively we have not looked particularly disciplined and the Travis sub made little sense to me.

Stoke have some dangerous subs and we keep conceding late due to a lack of experience and quality to bring on. So youd think we will need a second.

6 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I feel sorry for him - he's played three killer passes today that more talented attacking players would have scored from. 

He needs to clean up the rest of his game, for sure.

Three brilliant passes to get in behind, just a shame we aren’t taking our chances again.

He’ll do amazing killer passes, then the next time he will pass backwards without looking and it will go to their striker 😂

Wonderful, but frustrating player at the same time.

• Like 1

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Been a poor quality game. Szmodics is the sole threat and should have 2 but Moran and Brittain have been ineffective as has Dolan who has given the ball away a few times due to his inability to hold it up. Hes not a striker though. Wharton is the one to unlock them, hes been a mixture of excellent passes and sloppiness.

Defensively we have not looked particularly disciplined and the Travis sub made little sense to me.

Stoke have some dangerous subs and we keep conceding late due to a lack of experience and quality to bring on. So youd think we will need a second.

Funny how we all watch the same game and come away with different views.

I think Moran has been absolutely fantastic today. 

They brought Travis on at RB because they're terrified of the Stoke RB overlapping, which is why Brittain is playing on the left of our midfield today. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Polky said:

Three brilliant passes to get in behind, just a shame we aren’t taking our chances again.

He’ll do amazing killer passes, then the next time he will pass backwards without looking and it will go to their striker 😂

Wonderful, but frustrating player at the same time.

He's got an awful lot of time to improve - but yes, right now he's the type of player who wins you a game, but not the type that sets the platform for you. Fortunately his CM partner is the latter.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Funny how we all watch the same game and come away with different views.

I think Moran has been absolutely fantastic today. 

They brought Travis on at RB because they're terrified of the Stoke RB overlapping, which is why Brittain is playing on the left of our midfield today. 

I did think that regarding Hoever as Tomasson specifically mentioned him in his press conference, but the cost of that is Travis repeatedly being caught of position.

Moran has not really done much IMO, had a great chance to slip Szmodics in but went for the easier ball to a well offside Brittain.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, USABlue said:

Can not get in Rovers TV says my google PW are bad.  Tried resetti g PW but I never get the email that is supposed to give me a code.  It just does not send me the email.or.it.does.an I dont get it.  Anyone know how I contact someone.

Same here. Asked twice for a code via email and absolutely zilch.

Non-league level IT and customer service

Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

Burger should be off - two bookable offences, neither of which he's been punished for. 

Can’t believe it, two blatant cynical fouls and he’s not received a single booking. I bet he goes on to bloody score!

• Like 1