BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Stoke City (a) - 25/11/2023

Not looking forward to this one. Stoke are starting to show the quality they bought, we’re lacking up front and missing 4 chances out of 5, we struggled against the nob ends and the Betannia has never been kind to us. 2 nil to Stoke, with a  Wahlstedt howler showing us how far we’ve deteriorated since last season

Edited by premier_dreamer

21 hours ago, dallydally said:

He's a liability. Why on earth did we sign him??

I honestly think Ennis was signed way before they found out that the budget was going to be slashed - if we had signed a first choice striker then Ennis spending six months in the reserves wouldn't be an issue. If we hadn't already signed Ennis once the money was cut then we might have pooled the Ennis and Telalovic money and signed one striker with it. Turning off the tap was bad but I think doing it with no warning long after the transfer window had already opened was the mallet that really rammed home the cactus enema.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Devon Rover said:

Whatever Ennis is being paid, he doesn't deserve it. 

Funny to see Mowbray justifying Dack  signing at length. We dodged a bullet there,  and he is more expensive. 

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/23945814.sunderland-tony-mowbrays-promising-bradley-dack-update/

Edited by bigbrandjohn
Spelling

2 minutes ago, Devon Rover said:

Whatever Ennis is being paid, he doesn't deserve it. 

Perhaps Ennis isn't being picked because he simply isn't good enough. If that is the case, I would have no issue with the player. But the recruitment team needs to be looked at.

Except Dack, although he'll be on more wonga than Ennis probably, was only given a year with the option of another year.

Quite a sensible way for the Sunderland board to do business even if it was a daft and all to predictable signing by Mowbray.

18 minutes ago, rigger said:

Perhaps Ennis isn't being picked because he simply isn't good enough. If that is the case, I would have no issue with the player. But the recruitment team needs to be looked at. sacked

Hirst, Ennis  and Telalović.... the sum total of Gregg's efforts to find a striker

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, yankfan said:

I cant log in....it keeps telling me my credential are incorrect, but they are saved and the same as they've been all year...haven't been able to access any videos for 3 or 4 weeks now. 

got to re-register with original email. Insanely poor PR around this update.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, yankfan said:

I cant log in....it keeps telling me my credential are incorrect, but they are saved and the same as they've been all year...haven't been able to access any videos for 3 or 4 weeks now. 

If u got to the RoversTV thread, someone posted some helpful information there a day or two ago. Apparently you need to re-register or something.

• Like 1