BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Stoke City (a) - 25/11/2023

On 23/11/2023 at 08:03, RoversTilliDie said:

Both Telovic and Ennis on the scoresheet in Rovers 7-1 win against Preston for the under 21s, yet both absent in the 1-2 defeat against Preston at Ewood. Doesn't make sense to me.

The gulf between the under-21's and championship football not a reason?

• Like 2

As far as international breaks go, that must be the longest one of all time. Absolute hurrendous. 
Welcome back rovers, can’t wait to watch again.

Hope the boys are well rested, maybe we see a telalovic sub at some point, and Leonard has been looking sharp. 
Think we will win this one, suits us this one. 

Stoke 1-3 Rovers

(szmodics,wharton,telalovic)

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Ennis out for "two weeks or so".

Absolute waste of time and effort. 

The lad is made of glass. Given he showed up unfit and also looks slightly on the heavier side I'm beginning to question how much commitment he has to maximising his potential. Putting in the extra yards, diet, playing through the pain on occasions.

Of course it could be that he's just been horrendously unlucky with injuries thus far, but for a player I had high hopes for he's been very underwhelming. 

I've a feeling this might be an 'Ayala two weeks' and we'll be lucky to see him this side of Christmas. 

• Like 1

A few more options now Carter and Pickering back. Was happy with Scott Wharton against PNE, thought he was mom. So maybe this ...

Leo

Hill.           Carter.          S Wharton.       Pickering

Tronstad.     A Wharton

Brittain.             Szmodics.          Siggy/ Dolan

Dolan/ Leonard

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ben_the_beast said:

The lad is made of glass. Given he showed up unfit and also looks slightly on the heavier side I'm beginning to question how much commitment he has to maximising his potential. Putting in the extra yards, diet, playing through the pain on occasions.

Of course it could be that he's just been horrendously unlucky with injuries thus far, but for a player I had high hopes for he's been very underwhelming. 

I've a feeling this might be an 'Ayala two weeks' and we'll be lucky to see him this side of Christmas. 

He's a liability. Why on earth did we sign him??

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Ennis out for "two weeks or so".

Absolute waste of time and effort. 

They took a gamble on someone with potential who was probably cheap-ish wages-wise for a Championship striker. Unfortunately he's also a massive crock. Looking more and more like a poor signing on a 4 year deal.

Add to Hirst and Telalovic,  and GB doesn't do very well signing strikers.

The last truly effective striker we signed was probably Danny Graham. That was 8 years ago. 

Edit: forgot Armstrong. 

Edited by Sweaty Gussets

13 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

They took a gamble on someone with potential who was probably cheap-ish wages-wise for a Championship striker. Unfortunately he's also a massive crock. Looking more and more like a poor signing on a 4 year deal.

Add to Hirst and Telalovic,  and GB doesn't do very well signing strikers.

The last truly effective striker we signed was probably Danny Graham. That was 8 years ago. 

Armstrong?

• Like 1

Wahlstedt

Brittain Hill Carter Pickering

Tronstad Wharton

Sigurdsson Szmodics Moran

Dolan

Wouldnt want to chose Dolan up front and Sigurdsson is very lucky to start but little alternative. Telalovic is obviously well off it and Leonard isnt a Championship level striker. Ennis will never be fit and Gallagher according to Tomasson isnt close either. The bench will again be totally lacking in quality and with lots of games and no sign of the injured players we are going to feel it.

Edited by roversfan99

JDT on Ennis:

"Niall got injured the other day for the 21s, it's a player who came into the building with a lot of physical issues," Tomasson said. "He is now injured again and I am disappointed for the boy.

"It's difficult for him to get up to speed when you're injured a lot. He can't show what he's capable of doing. We're disappointed that he will probably be out for a couple of weeks."

Sorry but just wtf did we sign him!?!?!?

Anyhow, think tomorrow we will be well and truly bullied - a magnification of the PNE game and result.  Stoke 4, Rovers 1.

Edited by Mercer

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

stoke spent a lot of money in the summer and it`s not clicked for them,i think we`ll win at a canter,stoke 1-3 rovers,we`ve got  winable games coming up,need the points cos we`ll get **** all against leeds and southampton

Stoke form over last 5 games is won 3 drawn 2....conceded 1.

I think that's fairly clicked. 

3 hours ago, Mercer said:

JDT on Ennis:

"Niall got injured the other day for the 21s, it's a player who came into the building with a lot of physical issues," Tomasson said. "He is now injured again and I am disappointed for the boy.

"It's difficult for him to get up to speed when you're injured a lot. He can't show what he's capable of doing. We're disappointed that he will probably be out for a couple of weeks."

Sorry but just wtf did we sign him!?!?!?

Anyhow, think tomorrow we will be well and truly bullied - a magnification of the PNE game and result.  Stoke 4, Rovers 1.

You never know in football but I think you will be right ...

33 minutes ago, Mercer said:

As an aside, is Stoke's 'Naughty Forty' still operational ?  Remember them, and saw them at different games, in the late 1990's - they had some real hard cases and head bangers in their ranks.

They would be the "Naughty Sixties plus now". The under fives, are probably now the naughty forty.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, ben_the_beast said:

My Plymouth mate warned me he was in the treatment room more than on the pitch. Surely to God we checked this stuff out. Not very well methinks. 

• Like 1