BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Stoke City (a) - 25/11/2023

Defence looks a lot more solid with Pickering and Carter back. Hill looks as good as Hyam and more mobile so feel pretty confident.

Similarly our midfield also looks very good. Really like Tronstad, Wharton, Moran. After a great start where he looked like Diaz, Sigurdsson has then started playing like Brereton so a bit confused by him. Szmodics and Dolan both playing well.

Think the team picks itself, probably only spot up for debate is right wing. Either 1) play Sigurdsson, 2) play Brittain and put Travis at right back, 3) play Dolan and start Leonard through the middle. 

Id probably go for option 3.

Leo  

Brittain.  Hill.   Carter.   Pickering

Tronstad.  Wharton

Dolan.      Szmodics   Moran

Leonard

Edited by joey_big_nose
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, roverblue said:

I still feeling deflated from the north end defeat, so think we will lose 1-0.

Stoke went crazy with signings over the summer and it doesn't seem to have gelled yet which is one positive going into it.

Rovers are normally the team that it does gel together to.

• Like 2

Think its time we started playing with a striker again. Ennis must be ready for a game, if fit I'd have him over Leonard at the moment (admittedly based on only a couple of cup games). We could do with some physicality in the side. I'm also not convinced by Wharton at the moment, from what I've seen. 

Leo

Brittain Carter Hill Pickering

Tronstadt Travis

Dolan    Szmodic   Moran

Ennis

Edited by benhben

24 minutes ago, benhben said:

Think its time we started playing with a striker again. Ennis must be ready for a game, if fit had have him over Leonard at the moment (admittedly based on only a couple of cup games). We could some with some physicality in the side. I'm also not convinced by Wharton at the moment, from what I've seen. 

Leo

Brittain Carter Hill Pickering

Tronstadt Travis

Dolan    Szmodic   Moran

Ennis

I tend to agree but if Ennis didnt get on in the last 30 mins against PNE he isnt going to start against Stoke.

15 hours ago, tomphil said:

Played scored then taken off today for U21s so probably injured again anyway.

Feeling his groin!

Think that's at least another 2 weeks out.

You'd struggle to make it up with Ennis!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Feeling his groin!

Someone posted on the Ennis thread how few full 90 mins Ennis has completed in the last five seasons...  Thats a really damning stat. That sort of long term lack of fitness and vulnerability to injury is very hard to turn around. 

After seeing that I would say should view him in the same sort of bracket as Dack or Dunn post injury. Not really a reliable squad member, and shouldn't be counted in the core 22 of the team. If hes available and effective its a bonus. Same with Telelovic but with him its more that he just hasnt got any sort of pedigree rather than injuries. With no further outgoings we need arguably two more strikers. Or at least one who is fit and has a good scoring record (1 in 4 at an absolute minimum) at League One or above.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Feeling his groin!

4 year contract for a guy with an appearance and injury record which suggests what we've seen - or not seen - since he arrived should be of no surprise.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, RoversTilliDie said:

Both Telovic and Ennis on the scoresheet in Rovers 7-1 win against Preston for the under 21s, yet both absent in the 1-2 defeat against Preston at Ewood. Doesn't make sense to me.

Presumably because there is a difference between playing against 16 and 17 year old scholars and grown men. PNE only had one professional playing. 

• Like 3