BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Stoke City (a) - 25/11/2023

34 minutes ago, USABlue said:

Can not get in Rovers TV says my google PW are bad.  Tried resetti g PW but I never get the email that is supposed to give me a code.  It just does not send me the email.or.it.does.an I dont get it.  Anyone know how I contact someone.

Try ordering a match ticket, it then took me to a page to re-register my account. everything worked for me when I did this. I then just cancelled mt basket with the match ticket.

• Like 1

Great 3 points. Outside of the first 5 min and the last 5 min really nothing in the game. Stoke happy to play backwards and sideways while Rovers content letting them do so. I’d be furious if I were a stoke fan as they generally lacked any desire to play the ball forward. From a Rovers perspective it was well organized and great to see the side yield so little in opportunities. Would have been better if we could have held the ball more when we did win it, but with a makeshift back four, happy to be defensively organized first 

• Like 1

We executed the game plan very well today. Should’ve been a couple in front at half time so it was nice to improve the goal difference late on. Feared the worst when Carter went down and hope he isn’t back on the injured list. I wasn’t convinced with Travis coming on when Scotty got injured, but it was definitely the right call by JDT.

Cracking result, and West Ham make it a brilliant day!

Edited by Miller11
  • Like 3

Wonderful result. Congrats to the team, the manager,  and our support. 

Whatever the merits of loans, the model of mixing our brightest with some wonderful young talent from the premier league is pretty smart.
Hill and Moran are growing every day in stature and value to us, and their clubs.

No wonder Premier League teams are happy to loan us their most promising. . 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

What could he do if backed properly Gav...

We ask that question week in week out SG, it’s criminal my friend, it really is. 

Edited by Gav
  • Like 4

A rovers away win does make for a good Saturday evening and the cherry on the cake is always the dingles losing. But when it’s a thumping away win and the dingles lost having been leading in the dying embers of the game. Plus for the same to happen to nob end. Decent day. 

• Like 2

Great to win so comfortably. Especially against an inform side like Stoke. 

It's a strange one as we have played much better than this and lost this season. Very sloppy in possesion and no real outlet meant that we ceded a lot of possesion, fortunately stoke weren't particularly good and we defended very well. 

I felt the front 3 of brittain, dolan and moran didn't offer enough going forward (maybe being harsh on moran who got a goal and an assist), but worked hard off the ball. Wasn't a day for the dolan false 9, felt we needed a big man to get us up the pitch.

Hill and Carter were very solid. Wahlsted had one proper save to make and saved it well, doesn't convince on crosses but played well. Szmodics missed a couple of good chances first half but his movement was good and he got his reward late on.

Hopefully the head injury to Wharton isn't too bad. Couple of winnable games coming up now. Onwards and upwards 

A very impressive result. Stoke don't concede many and are tough to beat. They do feel like a club that is going nowhere though and their transfer policy is to sign players past their best. 

We have a very impressive young team. Incredible that we have so many injuries to our more experienced players yet can still pull off a result like today. 

Preston losing to two late goals feels very good too after their late win against us 2 weeks ago.

• Like 2

Terrific result - beyond expectation.

Echo the plaudits for JDT - doing a fantastic job in the most trying of circumstances.  Just how far could we go if he was given just moderate backing!  Sadly, barring a complete rethink from the, IMO, morons in India, I think we will lose him for next season.

Away form is great - think JDT is bright enough to take the learnings and apply them at home as appropriate.

A Rovers' win followed by a nice curry tonight and an accompanying bottle of wine even makes 'Strictly' enticing! 

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 6