BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Stoke City (a) - 25/11/2023

We eventually either were going to stop creating chances or start taking them... finally. Great to see Sammy put away the most difficult of the three run throughs onto the Keeper.

Really wasn't optimistic about this one but we handled the game so well.

I would be apoplectic as a Stoke supporter having an advantage in height strength pace and experience all over the park and witnessing a semi-comatose unimaginative load of sideways and backwards passes. But I am not, just one very happy optimistic Rover tonight.

• Like 2

Solid away performance, Nice and clinical from our part. But my god Stoke are boring, Didn't think I would see the day that a team could play a worse style of football than Swansea. Didn't have to leave second gear. Buckley's situation at Wednesday needs looking at, Not in squad today

10 minutes ago, Rover8T4 said:

Solid away performance, Nice and clinical from our part. But my god Stoke are boring, Didn't think I would see the day that a team could play a worse style of football than Swansea. Didn't have to leave second gear. Buckley's situation at Wednesday needs looking at, Not in squad today

Do we need Bucko at the moment. I would say we are more in need of a forward or a defender.

11 minutes ago, Rover8T4 said:

18 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Just wondering if there is a concussion protocol in place that means Wharton has to sit out a game or two, which we obviously don't need .

Anybody any idea?

There’s the graduated return to play protocol.

In elite football it looks like a minimum 5 days out.

IMG_1381.thumb.jpeg.8f21b49731e1a7167e0cde96dbd524db.jpeg

Edited by wilsdenrover
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, onlyonejackwalker said:

I never felt more like singing the blues, the Rovers win, the Burnley / North End lose....

I'm much more confident this year than last. A lot of single goal victories last season.

COYB.

I think we could do to get back to those 1-0 home wins from last season. 

Away from home though, that's 12 goals in the last 4 games. That would have been unthinkable last season. 

Edited by Sweaty Gussets
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, J*B said:

Easy. When we play teams at their place, we play against teams under pressure to attack which suits our counter attack style of play. When we are the home side we are encouraged to dictate the game and attack and don’t have a striker to do so. 

There's more to it than that.

We played on the counter attack home and away last season. We didn't really have a striker then either.

We are more open at home this season and playing far better football but just not getting the results. Away from home we have tightened up defensively and are now scoring goals. 

29 minutes ago, onlyonejackwalker said:

I never felt more like singing the blues, the Rovers win, the Burnley / North End lose....

I'm much more confident this year than last. A lot of single goal victories last season.

COYB.

Shouldn't it be "I've never felt less like singing the blues"?

26 minutes ago, 47er said:

I thought it was “Never felt like singing the blues, when Burnley win and Rovers lose. Oh Rovers, you’ve got me singing the blues…”

Edited by Moptop1

20 minutes ago, 47er said:

😀

Its a 'blues' as in colour and conversely happiness 47er, but you know that already!!!! And yes we are happy tonight!

Don't try and make sense of football chants!

For years before matches in the early 80's we sang 'We are the Rovers, We are the Champions'....'We are the Rovers, Champions of Europe'....normally before losing at home to Swindon, or Port Vale, or Oxford. Real Madrid weren't panicking, but we kept singing it.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, arbitro said:

Pretty much the perfect away performance for me. Score early, defend excellently and play on the break and score another two. Tomasson got his tactics right again as we frustrated the life out of Stoke by denying them space in the final third. Losing Scott was a real blow but that was cushioned by the knowledge that James Hill could just move across to centre half and dominate the Stoke strikers. Lots of 8/10 performances today but I thought Hayden Carter was immense -for me the best individual performance of the season. 

The way we are playing is so easy on the eye, the players trust say other but more importantly trust and believe in what Tomasson is instilling into them. The decisions they make sometimes are wrong and errors are still made but the clear thing for me is that the majority of them have improved under Tomasson and he is squeezing every last drop from them. I have to say the away support was excellent today too. There is something now for them to be proud of again as this young squad develop under the tutelage of the best manager we have had for many a year

James Hill has been a really good signing. It’s so handy having a lad who can play right back very effectively and yet be able to move over to centre half and play equally well.

Lots of times you get full backs who move over ok but are vulnerable in the air and then you get the steady centre halves who get done for pace and nimbleness when they play out wide.

James seems to be equally at home in both positions.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

James Hill has been a really good signing. It’s so handy having a lad who can play right back very effectively and yet be able to move over to centre half and play equally well.

Lots of times you get full backs who move over ok but are vulnerable in the air and then you get the steady centre halves who get done for pace and nimbleness when they play out wide.

James seems to be equally at home in both positions.

He's clearly a CB who has enough about his game to play RB - same as Carter. 

• Like 1