BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Watford (h) 23/12/23

36 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Healey should have been offside if our defenders did what they should do and rush a few yards out after the initial save. Unfortunately that didn't happen and it was an easy goal for them. We could have put the game away in the first half, but didn't, and in that sense we really missed Szmodics today. Hamer made some crucial saves to keep them in the game in the second half as well. I thought at 1-1 that a draw was probably a fair result but we looked gassed and was never coming back when going behind late on. Gutting, but the squad is so stretched at the moment and we have few good options on the bench.

Think we should try and adapt to games when we're 1-0 ahead. Too easy to counter us... Mowbray-esque it is. Just hope we don't fall too far behind the top six when we enter January 2024.

I don't think the squad is stretched, what it is missing is a killer instinct.

12 minutes ago, rigger said:

Unavailable today:

Pears

Brittain                                           Pickering

JRC

Hedges                 Sammie                 Dolan

Gallagher 

Even if you’d not start them all, our bench would have been much stronger.

Edited by wilsdenrover
  • Like 5

40 minutes ago, rigger said:

Whilst you are correct that we miss the killer instinct, you are way off the mark regarding a stretched squad. Everyone else can see it but yourself! 

Watfords bench won them that game whilst we had the tea lady, the groundsman and Waggot on the bench. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sympatheticclaret said:

Gents,

Enjoyed my first visit to Ewood since 1988, courtesy of my Rovers supporting friend. I thought the Fanzone set up was excellent and great to briefly meet Miller11 & Herbie6590, the latter for the first time since 1981. For obvious reasons, I kept my usual allegiances quiet. I almost felt myself " going native ", when Rovers took an early lead, but quickly had a word with myself ..

Rovers were good value for their lead at half-time but, as others have said, the combination of tiredness of young players, and the  quality Watford had from the bench proved the difference. Both keepers made a belting save each, and I thought a draw would have been a fairer result. Before he tired, Adam Warton looked the standout player from both sides, you have a gem there ..

Salvation Army Band playing at half-time took me back years, a lovely touch and the sight of what was presumably a Granddaughter, arm in arm with an elderly Gent with a stick reminded me that, whatever the local rivalries, there is still far more that unites fans than divides them ..

Have a lovely Christmas, all, and best wishes for 2024 ... 

Class act you are pal. All the best to you and yours.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, norwichblue said:

Really tough pill to swallow. We were undoubtedly the better team for the majority of the game. Hamer (their GK) kept them in it. And then their depth advantage came on and stole the points.

I was sat in the Blackburn End and didn’t see the disallowed goal, but my mate told me it didn’t look a foul? Horrible way to lose if that’s true.

It’s hard to fault the performance today. I disagree with people getting on Wahlstedts back - he definitely needs to work on holding the ball or parrying out of danger, but he made a couple of outstanding saves today.

Ah well. On we go to Huddersfield.

Is there anyone on his back? Depends how you define it I guess. Any criticism on here in isolation even if it was lacking perspective doesnt equate to being on his back IMO. Full support for all players at the ground and thats all that matters.

Dont like this common implication that the players are having to deal with not having the full support of the fanbase.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/24009906.blackburn-rovers-ratings-adam-wharton-runs-show/

I think the current reporter is not the best and these ratings are very high. You would think we strolled to a 4 nil win.

Moran and Sigurdsson were both quiet, not sure how that warrants a 7. A goalkeeper making 2 goal costing errors doesnt warrant a 6 even after making an excellent save. Wharton was fantastic but not sure a perfect score is quite right.

• Like 5

58 minutes ago, Ghost7 said:

Deluded, it's completely over reliant on the academy due to a lack of investment and a reinvestment after releasing a huge amount of senior players in recent years without replacing them. The academy should be complimenting a senior team, instead it's forming the foundations of one. As mentioned earlier today, the fans need a reality check if you can't see this. It's a team crippled by terrible owners and a lack of investment accumulated over years, not injuries. Half of these players would be away on loan if the owners had any true interest. 

A real owner (a Walker), present on the ground, with this manager and academy and a reasonable amount of money to spend would have this Rovers team pushing for promotion with ease...

The squad isn't just stretched it's being completely abused and they are performing miracles. The owners are scumbags, like plenty in the football world.

We are under a self imposed transfer embargo and are being starved from above. 13 years and counting...

JDT is talented and will walk whenever he gets the chance, and some will STILL sit and make excuses for the owners. Incredidtpostpidtpost postpost postpost ible.

Top post matey, 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Extended highlights courtesy of Watford FC.

It looks like Leonard did make minimal contact with Hamer who never got a hand on the ball. A look at this from it the behind the goal camera would have been useful.

Look at their winner.....

Confirm we were better team until we tired in last 20 minutes then we don't have players to come on due to getting rid and not replacing senior players.  Poor from Leo. Not for first time he palms ball out  

Do us a favour venkys and sell up. 

• Like 3

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/24010182.tomasson-rues-refereeing-decison-cost-blackburn-rovers/

In real time on Rovers TV the incident was obscured from the camera but the decision to award a Watford free kick seemed unfortunate but ok.

Having seen it played back from other angles, the keeper simply spills it and a perfectly legitimate Rovers goal has been ruled out.

• Like 4

The Watford 2nd goal isn't Leo Wahlstedt fault,.his sight is block partially and it takes a nasty bounce just before him. He made 2 very good saves yesterday

9 hours ago, Miller11 said:

👍👍 nice one Chaddy, tried to play a bit of something for everyone

Deffo Miller. Vast variety for everyone to enjoy something 

• Herbie6590 changed the title to v Watford (h) 23/12/23
2 hours ago, Cherry Blue said:

Confirm we were better team until we tired in last 20 minutes then we don't have players to come on due to getting rid and not replacing senior players.  Poor from Leo. Not for first time he palms ball out  

Do us a favour venkys and sell up. 

Same old story eh?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, wilsdenrover said:

Do you know if the club has any plans to contact the extra fans to find out what it would take for them to attend more regularly? 

Good point.  We have already agreed an evaluation meeting with the club in the New Year and an analysis of those attending (new fans / returning fans / postcode etc) is part of that discussion.  A follow up with them sounds like something we should definitely discuss.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, wilsdenrover said:

Unavailable today:

Pears

Brittain                                           Pickering

JRC

Hedges                 Sammie                 Dolan

Gallagher 

Even if you’d not start them all, our bench would have been much stronger.

Agreed mate.

Urgh this injury squad is piling up and it's only December. The owners MUST invest in January. 

Anyone who thinks the owners aren't to blame for this shambles and dependency on our academy players are deluded.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Yesterday our midfield three were excellent for seventy minutes and pretty much everything that was good came from them. The balance of the three worked perfectly well and whilst Wharton caught the eye with his silky skills the hard yards that Garrett put in was really good, his two blocks in the first half exemplified his game and he was ridiculously booked for what I think is the tackle of the season so far. Tronstad is one of the cleanest tacklers I have seen for a long time. He completely disproves the theory that you need to be a brute to tackle, it's about timing. He short passing game and ability to keep the ball moving is something I really enjoy watching.

There are so many good things about Rovers right now but they come from the football side through the players and coaching staff. I really dislike losing but the football we are playing at times gets me off my feet.

If only the owners and hierarchy at our club could match the desire, drive and ambition of the playing side.

Spot on Tony.  Tronstad and Garrett are fantastic players.  It went wrong when Hyam went off.  The 5 sub rule does not help us when comparing the paucity on our bench and the lack of quality to change a game compared to Watford, Southampton, Leeds etc.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

Agreed mate.

Urgh this injury squad is piling up and it's only December. The owners MUST invest in January. 

Anyone who thinks the owners aren't to blame for this shambles and dependency on our academy players are deluded.

They must invest but can only invest if we either sell players or we raise monies via the day to day operations of the Club such as gate and commercial revenue.

Edited by Mike Graham
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, martonrover said:

It's beyond fantasy that the goal wasn't his fault.

He punches when he could just as easily catch.

Yesterday was an accident waiting to happen.

Easy to criticise Benson, but whilst it may seem ‘trendy’ to punch these days, it’s regularly costing us points, so someone needs to coach this kid to actually catch a bloody ball. It’s not like he isn’t tall so can’t leap with both arms. 

Our lack of quality between the sticks is galling.