BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Watford (h) 23/12/23

8 hours ago, Ghost7 said:

Deluded, it's completely over reliant on the academy due to a lack of investment and a reinvestment after releasing a huge amount of senior players in recent years without replacing them. The academy should be complimenting a senior team, instead it's forming the foundations of one. As mentioned earlier today, the fans need a reality check if you can't see this. It's a team crippled by terrible owners and a lack of investment accumulated over years, not injuries. Half of these players would be away on loan if the owners had any true interest. 

A real owner (a Walker), present on the ground, with this manager and academy and a reasonable amount of money to spend would have this Rovers team pushing for promotion with ease...

The squad isn't just stretched it's being completely abused and they are performing miracles. The owners are scumbags, like plenty in the football world.

We are under a self imposed transfer embargo and are being starved from above. 13 years and counting...

JDT is talented and will walk whenever he gets the chance, and some will STILL sit and make excuses for the owners. Incredible.

I don’t mind the academy being the foundation of the team. However, what it needs is far more quality senior, savvy and experienced pros to help see them through games. A couple of battle hardened warriors is what we need - to give the kids a helping hand.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

A great game to watch and some quality football from our very young squad but we are crying out for an experienced striker. Hopefully we will find some money from down the sofa for one in the January sales. 

A few players back from injury will help too.

What a journey that was yesterday @Uddersfelt Blue

Biblical weather both ways from our neck of the woods. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/24009906.blackburn-rovers-ratings-adam-wharton-runs-show/

I think the current reporter is not the best and these ratings are very high. You would think we strolled to a 4 nil win.

Moran and Sigurdsson were both quiet, not sure how that warrants a 7. A goalkeeper making 2 goal costing errors doesnt warrant a 6 even after making an excellent save. Wharton was fantastic but not sure a perfect score is quite right.

What would Dougie or Shearer have got in some games if he was watching,  20/10 ? In his world you only have to put the shirt on to get a 6.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

We dominated the first half, they dominated the second half. We were walking at the end, our legs had gone. Once they equalised quite a few people around me got up and left. I expect they knew what was coming. I said to my grandson at halftime. “ If we’re going to get anything out of this game we’re going to have to score again “.

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

We dominated the first half, they dominated the second half. We were walking at the end, our legs had gone. Once they equalised quite a few people around me got up and left. I expect they knew what was coming. I said to my grandson at halftime. “ If we’re going to get anything out of this game we’re going to have to score again “.

It's the same story every chuffin' game.

Our ability to see games out is none existant, it's sh!t or bust.

Tomasson needs to learn to take a draw, but I don't think it's in him.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mike Graham said:

They must invest but can only invest if we either sell players or we raise monies via the day to day operations of the Club such as gate and commercial revenue.

Only because they’re under investigation for fraud and money laundering! 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, wilsdenrover said:

Unavailable today:

Pears

Brittain                                           Pickering

JRC

Hedges                 Sammie                 Dolan

Gallagher 

Even if you’d not start them all, our bench would have been much stronger.

And still not a killer instinct between the lot of them.

57 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Easy to criticise Benson, but whilst it may seem ‘trendy’ to punch these days, it’s regularly costing us points, so someone needs to coach this kid to actually catch a bloody ball. It’s not like he isn’t tall so can’t leap with both arms. 

Our lack of quality between the sticks is galling.

He can catch well and proved it yesterday with Adam's lofted "back pass'". Luckily he chose not to try to palm that out or over the bar.

The palm out that caused the Watford winner was simply the wrong thing to do and badly executed.

These keepers are coached and ordered to do what he did and the coaching is wrong.

Extremely disappointed to lose that game, but nevertheless an enjoyable day at Ewood, being north for the festive period for the first time in a good few years.

The weather didn’t help walk-ups, I suspect, nor the lack of service from Northern rail (13.23 - arguably the main train people would catch into Blackburn - inexplicably cancelled the day before), but a sterling effort from all involved to engage and entertain the fans pre-match.

I unfortunately can’t be a regular at Ewood, given I live in London. But talking to the friends I attended with, there are many who comment “oh, we used to go when they were in the premier league… won’t go with these owners in charge,” and other such justifications, as though that’s a particular badge of honour. Boggles the mind, but people are fickle, I guess. Still a shame, a busy Ewood is a special thing, as I remember from 99/00 onwards, when I did have a season ticket for a few years and yesterday felt a little closer to that kind of atmosphere, damp though it was.

The reason I raise it, is because the efforts of the fan groups, very young squad, manager, DoF and other staff that are meaningfully working to progress us (not all of them are, clearly) deserve more from the general fanbase. Club could do more to solicit that, hopefully yesterday is another step in that direction.

Saw a lot of big-mouth, Football Factory clobber-wearing types in the JW Upper move for the exits as soon as the second went in, which I always chuckle at. I will never for the life of me understand early leavers.

One interesting thing I saw - Wharton family sat about 6 rows in front of us. Right at the end, a tall gent in a heavily Errea-branded puffer made a beeline for them to congratulate them, before an extremely swift exit. The family looked surprised to see him. I was too far away to catch anything, but he looked a bit football-y. Made me wonder if there’s an Errea-sponsored club looking at our prized asset?

9 hours ago, Aqualung said:

Whilst you are correct that we miss the killer instinct, you are way off the mark regarding a stretched squad. Everyone else can see it but yourself! 

Watfords bench won them that game whilst we had the tea lady, the groundsman and Waggot on the bench. 

We threw that game away, the same as too many others. Watford like many before them, started to shoot as they got more and more room. The script went something like :  Shoot, parry, score. Rinse and repeat.

9 hours ago, Aqualung said:

Whilst you are correct that we miss the killer instinct, you are way off the mark regarding a stretched squad. Everyone else can see it but yourself! 

Watfords bench won them that game whilst we had the tea lady, the groundsman and Waggot on the bench. 

I've told you a million times, not to exaggerate.

9 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Extended highlights courtesy of Watford FC.

It looks like Leonard did make minimal contact with Hamer who never got a hand on the ball. A look at this from it the behind the goal camera would have been useful.

Look at their winner.....

Sorry how was the keeper and the coaching staff not sorted that out. 

If you can get two hands on it, catch it. Pathetic

1 hour ago, Mike Graham said:

They must invest but can only invest if we either sell players or we raise monies via the day to day operations of the Club such as gate and commercial revenue.

Are you suggesting we can't buy any players in January without raising money in the club?

15 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

Saw a lot of big-mouth, Football Factory clobber-wearing types in the JW Upper move for the exits as soon as the second went in, which I always chuckle at. I will never for the life of me understand early leavers.

Don't blame anyone. When we go behind at Ewood you might aswell go home.

Since we have been back in the ground after Covid, Rovers have gone behind 21 times at Ewood.

We have won 2, drawn 1 and lost 18 of those 21 games.

1 point from losing positions in the last 16 games we have gone behind in at Ewood.

A pathetic mentality around the club.

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 7

It’s not a question of the players, DoF and manager ‘deserving’ more from the fanbase.

We are a midtable second division club but with top end prices, the crowds therefore are what they are and that won’t change whilst we tread water (at best) for ever and a day as a ‘development club’ that is happy to stay out of League 1, but charging £400-£500+ for the privilege to watch it.

Not read through the thread so don't know the general gist but me personally i'm fed up of watching such naivety literally throwing games away.

Yes we know the issues with the squad but you have to find a way around that instead of trying to 'Man City. everybody and continually falling short.  As iv'e said for weeks now the in game management is non existent and the naivety is now beyond 'young' team excuses it's schoolboy stuff.

We actually chase games we are winning and leave so much space at the back and in wide areas bloody Chorley would exploit that never mind teams with options on the bench.

I'd swap Leo for Vince O'Keefe at this moment in time, he makes Darren Collier look good, come back Stephen as soon as possible.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 5

• Backroom
11 hours ago, Herbie6590 said:

We will take orders in January on here…we were testing the ground today to see how popular they were…we sold out so…👍🏻

We have fleeces & hoodies as well…😉

My guess is that they sell so well because ‘4000 holes’ is a nice and subtle nod to the town without being an overbearing logo.

Similarly, my favourite Rovers shirts (aside from my dad’s signed 94/95 shirt) are 2 from BRFCS and one from Football Town, because they’re well-made and a discussion point.

Even my Dingle FIL has one because of the quality of material (I didn’t tell him there’s a Burnley version…)

Edited by Mike E
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Don't blame anyone. When we go behind at Ewood you might aswell go home.

Since we have been back in the ground after Covid, Rovers have gone behind 21 times at Ewood.

We have won 2, drew 1 and lost 18 of those 21 games.

1 point from losing positions in the last 16 games we have gone behind in at Ewood.

A pathetic mentality around the club.

You could just as easily look to the fans that do leave when we go behind and wonder if that affects mentality for the players on the pitch.

Average age of the 11 on the pitch when we conceded the two goals is 22.9 years old. The 23-year-olds that work for me tend to need a helping hand and a bit of encouragement when things aren’t going well, not being stormed out on and written off as not being good enough.

Different strokes, I suppose.

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

The Watford 2nd goal isn't Leo Wahlstedt fault,.his sight is block partially and it takes a nasty bounce just before him. He made 2 very good saves yesterday

Deffo Miller. Vast variety for everyone to enjoy something 

Mate, Leo couldn't walk back from the brew machine without spilling it.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Bethnal said:

You could just as easily look to the fans that do leave when we go behind and wonder if that affects mentality for the players on the pitch.

Average age of the 11 on the pitch when we conceded the two goals is 22.9 years old. The 23-year-olds that work for me tend to need a helping hand and a bit of encouragement when things aren’t going well, not being stormed out on and written off as not being good enough.

Different strokes, I suppose.

Yep it's the fans fault, of course it is.