BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sheffield Wednesday (a) - 2/12/23

Angry at the result, we had a real chance of not losing ground in the chase for top six but once again we lose to a team we should beat 9 out of 10 times. Think we gave them too much space and struggled with Bannan (again) for long periods of the game. Nolan was poor, and Dolan is better than Leonard at the moment. Having to play S. Wharton weakens the side as well. Still, should have come away from the game with a point at least, but we failed to follow up a good equaliser before the ref took the matter in his own hands and gifted them a goal (blatant foul on Hill). Also, they made some cynical fouls that were clear bookings. Hope we get through December okay, because we're wearing thin and need strengthening.

6 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Angry at the result, we had a real chance of not losing ground in the chase for top six but once again we lose to a team we should beat 9 out of 10 times. Think we gave them too much space and struggled with Bannan (again) for long periods of the game. Nolan was poor, and Dolan is better than Leonard at the moment. Having to play S. Wharton weakens the side as well. Still, should have come away from the game with a point at least, but we failed to follow up a good equaliser before the ref took the matter in his own hands and gifted them a goal (blatant foul on Hill). Also, they made some cynical fouls that were clear bookings. Hope we get through December okay, because we're wearing thin and need strengthening.

Dolan is not better than Leonard at the moment because Dolan is injured and cannot play. Same with Scott Wharton playing. The refs performance isn't a factor on our performance. JDT has to shoulder some responsability, as he sets up the team.

Edited by rigger

6 minutes ago, rigger said:

Dolan is not better than Leonard at the moment because Dolan is injured and cannot play. Same with Scott Wharton playing. The refs performance isn't a factor on our performance. JDT has to shoulder some responsability, as he sets up the team.

I understand where you are coming from but please tell me what the refs influence on Wednesdays 2nd goal lead to? 

The blind git missed a definite infringement on Hill. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

I understand where you are coming from but please tell me what the refs influence on Wednesdays 2nd goal lead to? 

The blind git missed a definite infringement on Hill. 

A good side does not bother with the refs errors. It seems that whenever we have a bad result, it has something to do with the ref. Our team makes far more mistakes than the refs. Cutting our mistakes out will lead to better results, more than cutting out the refs mistakes. 

• Like 2

Seen it too many times,a side prone to throwing one in against lesser teams,massively frustrating.

Couple that with a lack of investment from our gobshyte owners and its the reason we probably wont come close to the playoffs come season end....yet again.

Rinse and repeat.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 7

11 minutes ago, rigger said:

A good side does not bother with the refs errors. It seems that whenever we have a bad result, it has something to do with the ref. Our team makes far more mistakes than the refs. Cutting our mistakes out will lead to better results, more than cutting out the refs mistakes. 

Of course good sides bother about refereeing errors.... Just ask Klopp. And you didn't answer my question. 

In your opinion rigger.... Should the Wednesday 2nd goal be allowed or not? 

Yes or No will do to make it simple.? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Aqualung said:

Of course good sides bother about refereeing errors.... Just ask Klopp. And you didn't answer my question. 

No

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Seen it too many times..a side prone to throwing one in against lesser teams,massively frustrating.

Couple that with a lack of investment from our gobsyhte owners and its the reason we probably wont come close to the playoffs come season end.

Rinse and repeat.

I think we will look back in a year’s time and look back at our current placing as highly desirable.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

That goal gets disallowed and it's still 1-1, absolute bullshit that he didn't.

Their third goal was a lucky bounce when Szmodics shot.

Has anyone brought up that a big part of our failure today was Szmodics not taking two good chances that you'd expect him to score. As I said midweek, we can't rely on him every game. Especially when he's bust his balls throughout the week.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, rigger said:

But rigger the refs error led to their second goal. He has both arms round Hill preventing him from getting anywhere near the Sheff Wed player. The ref was right in front but chose to keep quiet.

JDT saw it but got a red card for complaining & Sammie couldn't say anything in interview for fear of another yellow & suspension. 

Game changer.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, booth said:

That goal gets disallowed and it's still 1-1, absolute bullshit that he didn't.

Their third goal was a lucky bounce when Szmodics shot.

Has anyone brought up that a big part of our failure today was Szmodics not taking two good chances that you'd expect him to score. As I said midweek, we can't rely on him every game. Especially when he's bust his balls throughout the week.

And that goes for the rest of the team. Not just Sam. Expect some lovely positive comments in the next few match threads. 

All I'm saying is that we need to be realistic. 

8 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

But rigger the refs error led to their second goal. He has both arms round Hill preventing him from getting anywhere near the Sheff Wed player. The ref was right in front but chose to keep quiet.

JDT saw it but got a red card for complaining & Sammie couldn't say anything in interview for fear of another yellow & suspension. 

Game changer.

I've tried to block the entire debacle out so may be misremembering, but was he not sent off for when Moran got fouled when he was away and JDT just couldn't hold in his disdain any longer?

• Like 1

For me while it would be good to go up next season is the key the young players in the team will have had a season  under there belt and if there are some funding for next season  and the right players are brought and if the manager stays then that the time to go for it.

6 minutes ago, des said:

For me while it would be good to go up next season is the key the young players in the team will have had a season  under there belt and if there are some funding for next season  and the right players are brought and if the manager stays then that the time to go for it.

I don't believe that  there are certain times to go for your targets. You should go for it, all the time

• Like 4

I thought this game illustrated just how important Dolan is to the way that JDT plays.  We missed his energy and the high press he brings to the team.  Leonard is a totally different type of forward.  In the past couple of months Dolan has linked up well with Szmodics and Moran and that was missing today.

I thought today illustrated just how thin we are as a squad.  The bench was made up of Under-21 players with only Garrett and Markanday having experience at senior level.  In many ways it just seemed a game too far for a group of players who looked shattered at times.

Today was poor but JDT has worked wonders to get these players into the position we are in.  We are crying out for a bit of experience in key positions but, sadly, that costs money which we don't have.  

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, rigger said:

I don't believe that  there are certain times to go for your targets. You should go for it, all the time

I agree if we go up that's good but in terms  of this team now we should be stronger next season 

1 hour ago, rigger said:

Dolan went off injured versus Birmingham, hence the comparison. Wharton is about playing him in central defence or giving Markanday or Garrett some game time.

The refs performance certainly was a factor, no doubt about it. Yes, we were poor today as well.

22 minutes ago, rigger said:

Should we have beaten Sheff Wed dispite the refs inputs ?

That second goal was pivotal to how the game played out. The 3rd goal, whilst well taken, was pure luck.  

We didn't deserve to lose and I would have been happy with a draw to be honest. 

Wednesday got lucky today as alluded to when viewing their forum. It is what it is but I'm more worried about the next months worth of fixtures. Can't see were the next point is coming from if I'm honest. 

Feel for JDT... Must be a nightmare for him. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I thought tronstad had another good game. He’s becoming mr reliable. It’s like watching what people describe Corey evans as what I never saw 

Were you at the game?

1 hour ago, Torgeir said:

Just seen the minimal sky sports highlights. Looks like keeper at fault for first 2 goals. Last season everyone was going nuts about pears but this guy is just as bad and should be equally criticised