BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sheffield Wednesday (a) - 2/12/23

17 minutes ago, Ghost7 said:

Not many keepers in the world are saving that first goal.

The second goal was a combination of a blatant foul on Hill and ball watching.

Second goal was a foul. Just seen Sammie's interview and they replayed that foul a few times. Better than the sky sports highlights TBF. Definitely foul. Still think keeper should have done better regardless. 

Any clips from JDT? Any links? Can't see his interview or comments anywhere 

1 hour ago, des said:

For me while it would be good to go up next season is the key the young players in the team will have had a season  under there belt and if there are some funding for next season  and the right players are brought and if the manager stays then that the time to go for it.

But des weren't we saying that last season? or maybe the season before that or was it in 2016?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

Second goal was a foul. Just seen Sammie's interview and they replayed that foul a few times. Better than the sky sports highlights TBF. Definitely foul. Still think keeper should have done better regardless. 

Any clips from JDT? Any links? Can't see his interview or comments anywhere 

He's not allowed to be interviewed or comment due to the sending off apparently.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, booth said:

He's not allowed to be interviewed or comment due to the sending off apparently.

Nor are any of the coaching staff. What a ridiculous rule. 

Players however, are allowed to comment and sammie did likewise  albeit carefully. 

What's happening to our game for gods sake. It's becoming a joke. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, des said:

I agree if we go up that's good but in terms  of this team now we should be stronger next season 

They'll sell Carter and A. Wharton in the summer - so you're relying on Broughton identifying targets (both at Head Coach and players) and the Venky's not pulling the plug again. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NeilInBristol said:

Just seen the minimal sky sports highlights. Looks like keeper at fault for first 2 goals. Last season everyone was going nuts about pears but this guy is just as bad and should be equally criticised

He also made several very good saves (I think a World Class goalkeeper saves some of those goals, but there's only a handful of those on the planet).

My prediction is that he's a good GK and we'll sell him for more than we got for Kaminski.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, NeilInBristol said:

Just seen the minimal sky sports highlights. Looks like keeper at fault for first 2 goals. Last season everyone was going nuts about pears but this guy is just as bad and should be equally criticised

Funny, I took the opposite view. Very little chance with the first one, extremely unfair to blame him for that one, and badly sighted for the second (lots of bodies), but thought he went down too easily for the third. If he'd pretty much stood his ground he'd have likely stopped it. However the real culprit for that one is whoever it was that was supposed to be the last defender but was too far up the pitch when that lucky bounce fell Sheff W's way. Utterly exposed us, that's why Szmodics was going nuts at him after the goal. Once a player goes one on one, anything can happen.

I don't know if it's unrealistic standards or people having it in for Wahlstedt (generally seems to be people who effusively defended Pears in his shit patches) but he's getting far too much stick IMO. He's not shown to be good enough yet, but I'm definitely more confident than with Pears in goal. Plus he's still new to English football, the club and the country. He may improve once he's more settled. We miss Kaminski though, for me, far better than either of our current keepers have shown.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, onlyoneDuff said:

Did you watch Britain?

Brittain was completely found out playing left wing but he failed to contribute positively rather than contribute to the disaster which Moran did.

Moran was hugely at fault for their opener showing no awareness and energy and went down hill from there.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Funny, I took the opposite view. Very little chance with the first one, extremely unfair to blame him for that one, and badly sighted for the second (lots of bodies), but thought he went down too easily for the third. If he'd pretty much stood his ground he'd have likely stopped it. However the real culprit for that one is whoever it was that was supposed to be the last defender but was too far up the pitch when that lucky bounce fell Sheff W's way. Utterly exposed us, that's why Szmodics was going nuts at him after the goal. Once a player goes one on one, anything can happen.

I don't know if it's unrealistic standards or people having it in for Wahlstedt (generally seems to be people who effusively defended Pears in his shit patches) but he's getting far too much stick IMO. He's not shown to be good enough yet, but I'm definitely more confident than with Pears in goal. Plus he's still new to English football, the club and the country. He may improve once he's more settled. We miss Kaminski though, for me, far better than either of our current keepers have shown.

Talking of Kaminski..

IMG-20231201-WA0005.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NeilInBristol said:

Talking of Kaminski..

IMG-20231201-WA0005.jpg

He was at fault for Brentfords 3rd goal yesterday. Think we just have to accept keepers aren't as good as they used to be.Personally wouldn't blame Leo for any of the goals myself

Edited by Tugayisgod
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, Aqualung said:

That second goal was pivotal to how the game played out. The 3rd goal, whilst well taken, was pure luck.  

We didn't deserve to lose and I would have been happy with a draw to be honest. 

Wednesday got lucky today as alluded to when viewing their forum. It is what it is but I'm more worried about the next months worth of fixtures. Can't see were the next point is coming from if I'm honest. 

Feel for JDT... Must be a nightmare for him. 

I should have said : answer yes or no.

7 hours ago, bluebruce said:

There is definitely enough about Leo to assume he'll develop into a decent keeper and his reflex saves are better than Pears.  Other than that though there isn't much between them at this moment in time and both are open to 'could do better' debates.

However everyone has to accept this is what is going to happen with development signings. Days of getting an experienced top foreign league keeper for a fee and decent wage are long gone i'm afraid.

They don't seem to learn that that is the best way to actually make money to reinvest whilst also improving the team itself, as the TK signing showed.

I think also we have to accept the days of steady keepers who do all the basics well week in week out and command their area and defenders are long gone.  Look around the Championship there isn't much to desire in keeper terms.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, tomphil said:

There is definitely enough about Leo to assume he'll develop into a decent keeper and his reflex saves are better than Pears.  Other than that though there isn't much between them at this moment in time and both are open to 'could do better' debates.

However everyone has to accept this is what is going to happen with development signings. Days of getting an experienced top foreign league keeper for a fee and decent wage are long gone i'm afraid.

They don't seem to learn that that is the best way to actually make money to reinvest whilst also improving the team itself, as the TK signing showed.

I think also we have to accept the days of steady keepers who do all the basics well week in week out and command their area and defenders are long gone.  Look around the Championship there isn't much to desire in keeper terms.

Not saying I like the situation, but I totally agree with your points.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, rigger said:

Why ? We will lose Hill, Morton and probably Adam Wharton. 

I don't think Morton's done anything for us this season to be fair.

(Though I do agree that, in this league, you can never say we should be this or that next season - doesn't work like that)

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, frosty said:

I don't think Morton's done anything for us this season to be fair.

(Though I do agree that, in this league, you can never say we should be this or that next season - doesn't work like that)

Didn’t do much last season but he scored for Hull and England U21’s recently. Moran will be the one on his way at the end of this season.

• Like 1

I said to my little lad before the game yesterday that it had loss written all over it. Having such a young side, that’s paper thin and whalloped by injuries doesn’t help. But two good wins and losing away to a team who can barely buy a point is text book Rovers. 

As we’ve said many times most the young lads have played more games this season than they’ve played in their careers to date. It’s always going to be a couple of steps forward and one back this season. If we can keep in an around the play offs they and JDT will have done a phenomenal job. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Roverthechimp said:

Did Telalovic look more like a footballer than previous cameo?

Also suggests that Markanday is finished at rovers if he can’t get on the pitch with this injury and fixture list 🤔

he did`nt get many touches tbh

i think we all know that markanday is`nt good enough,but what can you do when your squad is decimated,if the unlikely happens and jdt gets some money in january,he`ll be sold or sent on loan

• Like 2