BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Southampton (a) - 16/12/23

• Backroom
8 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

The only teams who have lost more than us are the teams in the bottom three. Another season where JDT, as good as the football can be, has shown a complete and total inability keep games close. 

Some of the worst performances of my lifetime have come under his tenure, which is frustrating because we can be so good. 

JDT has said as much in his press conferences, he'd rather lose 5-4 than scrape a 1-0 win, or something. It's how he wants to play, for better or for worse, and I guess it's why we go through periods where we hardly ever draw. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DE. said:

JDT has said as much in his press conferences, he'd rather lose 5-4 than scrape a 1-0 win, or something. It's how he wants to play, for better or for worse, and I guess it's why we go through periods where we hardly ever draw. 

He set his stall out at the job interview then Venkys changed the plan. Wrong man for the wrong job.

Waggott knew all along there was trouble ahead and he wouldn't be supported by the owners, but that's what you get when you put chancers at the top.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DE. said:

He said exactly the opposite a few weeks ago.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, JohnD said:

Same as last week, men v boys.

They are so superior in every position, just like Leeds but we can't really expect anything else.

That’s an insult to boys ! I get that we’re stretched, we’re young and we’re lacking in quality…but I cannot accept the beaten body language , the lack of intelligence ( Brittain) the terrible set up from JDT and the constant trying to do what we clearly cannot do ..we look tired, disinterested and lacking in any motivation. 

This manager has to start looking at the reasons why defensively were a shambles.

• Like 2

We should have been going in 0 0 at half time, pathetic from the corner. 

Won't be disappointed if we don't see Brittain again this side of Easter, give one of the kids a chance, absolutely pathetic. At least he's out next week. 

We're obviously feeling the strain, but it's hardly a level playing field when you look at the squads we're up against, even if we were at full strength. Dust off and go again in front of hopefully a decent gate. 

Come on Everton. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dolly blue said:

That’s an insult to boys ! I get that we’re stretched, we’re young and we’re lacking in quality…but I cannot accept the beaten body language , the lack of intelligence ( Brittain) the terrible set up from JDT and the constant trying to do what we clearly cannot do ..we look tired, disinterested and lacking in any motivation. 

This manager has to start looking at the reasons why defensively were a shambles.

I think it's pretty easy to figure out.

We've got our senior CB out.

We're playing a good young CB at full back.

Scott Wharton has never been the same since his second injury.

Carter is massively over-rated.

In midfield we're relying on a 19 year old every game.

We were playing a team in a different league budget wise.

Before the game I predicted we'd get battered.

All anger should be directed at those fuckwits in India.

• Like 8

If we can’t defend, we won’t go anywhere with this team. The mistakes have to stop.

I’ve said before, but is this team learning? Experience is needed and that’s what’s holding us back.

Give Tony one credit, he gave us some experience to help the ‘younger’ players along. Now we haven’t really got that.

• Like 1

JDT has had an absolute shocker today. We know he can be stubborn, and today it has really bitten us. Hill and Brittain (more on him later) were woeful. Not changing that at half time was stupid. Ennis would definitely have been a better option to bring on than Leonard, and quite why we didn’t bring on some more fresh legs with the 10 men flagging and the game gone I don’t know.

I’ve never really taken to Brittain as a player. While he has ability in the ball I think he shirks a lot and hides. Today his performance was gutless and disgraceful. He stood around pointing and flailing his arms, tracked back quarter-heartedly at best, and kicked the ball just to be rid of it. His red card summed him up, and I hope it leads to a prolonged spell out of the side.

Off days for most of them today. Wahlstedt definitely MOTM, Pickering steady, Adam Wharton the best of the rest. They’d be the only players I’d give a 6 or better to.

Leonard and Moran are struggling for form at the minute, and not just today. It’s understandable, but it’s a problem that we are so heavily reliant on them.

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead

Dodgy stick let me down today (possibly helped me out), but not great to see us absolutely shit the bed again.

Looks like Brittain fancied Christmas off, bless him. Like the old David Dunn late December 5th booking of old.

We tend to play in extremes, either tremendous, or just playing like it’s our first ever time kicking a ball.

Incredibly frustrating.

9I can't really think of many positives from that, a day where nothing went right for us.

Truth be told we never laid a glove on southampton with 11 men. We allowed them good possession and field position without an effective out ball and countering threat. We were never going to out play them at their place but I still felt the game plan didn't really help. I suppose that is on JDT who I remain a big fan of.

Some really tired performances, mentally and physically. All that exacerbated by a moment of pure petulance from Brittain who has let himself and his team down with that stupidity. He got booked on Tuesday for doing pretty much the same thing so I do wonder if there's something going on with him personally or if he's just bloody thick. If I was JDT I'd ask him to find his own way home. 

We've got some winnable games coming up and hopefully a few players to come back so I'm clinging to that right now.

• Like 1