BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Hull City (a) - 29/12/23

2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Did Mowbray work under the restrictions that JDT does.

In the space of 12 months he had near £13 or 14 mil to spend on Armstrong FFS and could sign experienced players , Johnson , downing etc 

His last couple of seasons the backing disappeared but still in the COVID season 12 players came In the door.He also got to sign the fullback with the most assists in the league in January the following year in January and could turn down the loan of Cameron Archer 

Not comparable with what JDT has had to deal with 

Id agree with some criticism of JDT but not the calling of his head I don't think he is a god and there are things he has done I don't agree with but his coaching got us 7th last season , and in parts of this season we have looked good ,the squad is stretched and we have had to play the Christmas period with a lot out ,I'd agree he should maybe change tact for now like Watford away but I don't think he warrants being sacked.He deserves a bit of backing in January and for a few players to come back 

100%

Give him the budget that they gave to that gurning dick head and we'd be top 6 easy, if not pushing top two.

I suspect that's very the reason he hasn't been given that sort of budget.

Edited by Upside Down
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, Madon said:

Well that was better than Huddersfield by far but still nowhere near good enough. 

Telalovic had a very good game, about the only positive for me. 

I can't see Travis playing for the club again, he'll be gone in January and I don't blame him for a minute, how the club captain can't get a game in this side is mental! 

Think Garrett warranted a start with his cameos as of late, but would put Travis ahead of him next game. Trav blows too much hot and cold for me, he has good stints and then looks heavy-legged and makes every game into a battle of shithousery. 

5 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I don't know - but getting turned inside out by a donkey like Delap, failing to engage an average player in Connolly and fluffing a clearance from a corner has nothing to do with wanting to pass the ball out from the back. 

If we had a manager like Hughes or Allardyce, I can guarantee none of those scenarios would have happened even with the same defenders.

JDT puts no emphasis on working on the defensive side of the game; 90% of the focus is on coaching the players on one touch football and creating chances. That's great in theory but it doesn't work with the players we have.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CambridgeRover said:

5 more points and we would within striking distance of the playoffs.

We are 15th and 10 points clear of relegation. From the way some talk on here you would think we are in the relegation zone. 

Well, the goals conceded column certainly fits the "R" word. Pretty poor in the opposition box too. 

This situation could get a whole lot worse, while we await the return of missing players- end Feb for JRC and Dolan?-

Confidence is required to play our "style". A death spiral of defeats only eats away at that...and some of the recent body language seems to reflect defeatism.

However, I was pleased with the players' response to the awful goals in the first half..

Worrying times...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, booth said:

That doesn't quite tell the whole story does it. We already struggled to score goals with Brereton and we've had a bit of luck with Szmodics stepping in. Combine that with the CEO announcing to everyone that the goal was to stay up and these results become acceptable and normal.

I'm in no way backing the owners or Waggott, they are the problem. But the squad isn't that much weaker than last year. Injuries have been bad, mind. But I don't think it justifies our entire fall off a cliff and 2nd worst defence in the league. He will be as disappointed as anyone, surely. 

We are suddenly the most predictable team in the league and every team knows how to set up against us. I think it's certainly worth comment and criticism, even if the main problem are thousands of miles away. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

It's all deja vu from under Mowbray when we were playing slow predictable possession oriented football. It's always difficult when defenders get caught out and have to run towards their own goal. Easy pass over the top and it's a chance. We didn't give away tooooo many chances in the build-up today, but a horrible watch it was.

Good night.

I couldn't bare to watch it tbh as I knew it would be another horror show and a Friday evening ruined. The style of football doesn't work unless you have good players.

I think we'll win against Rotherham though. They're a team we can outscore.

1 minute ago, NeilInBristol said:

Some of my earliest memories at ewood was with this team dominating matches. As a kid I wanted to be a left back like le saux!

All I want these days is two decent fullbacks. I can't remember the last reliable fullback in a blue and white shirt. Can anyone else?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, booth said:

I'd love Steve Cooper here, but he won't turn Pickering and Brittain into better defenders or turn our pound shop strikers into goal machines.

I'm not suggesting that either and don't think that was your implication TBF but he definitely won't turn Pickering into anything, he's not good enough imo, I don't rate him, never have, he might however give us a back 4 of Hill, Carter Hyam and a new LB. Stop the pissing about at the back, set us up better from set pieces, etc etc. Sammie is banging then in a Dolan can chip in too so once we stop fucking about at the back in every capacity we only need to create a couple of chances a match to win them.

For me, there are very few people (tealady, ball boys, bar staff, etc) at the club that aren’t at least a bit responsible for what’s happening. The manager is responsible as the main face of the club, the players are making the kinds of errors that come from complacency, lack of effort/discipline or fatigue, the DoF is delivering about the best you could imagine with his budget and remit, but all of them have this run on their records now. I genuinely believe that more players back from injury (Hedges, JRC and Gallagher) and we see an improvement on the pitch. Rotation increases, players can give more, for longer.

We all know the truth though - this club has a ceiling, which is imposed by exec level and the owners. This is a nice little earner for the jobsworths (include Benson, Lowe and Johnson, there, by the way) so going above this level barely suits their agenda, least of all Waggott’s.

“JDT Out” is understandable after we’ve been watching this kind of football, but this is temporary. Four winnable games in January. Go unbeaten in January and there’ll be very few calling it.