BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Rotherham Utd (h) - 1/1/24

We are abysmal. Pretty passing football with no substance.

What we'd give for a proper manager like Hughes or Allardyce.

GB has done us over with a batch of dreadful summer signings. The fault squarely lies with the owners though for the shambles we are this season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He was good as a makeshift RB - clearly he's not a commanding CB as he's lost both aerial challenges for their goals today. I guess it's why he's out on loan, to learn, but it's frustrating. 

He's a versatile quality defender in this league....unfortunately managed by a clown

Yeah that's it for me with JDT. 1 win in 8, 4 defeats in a row followed up with a home draw to bottom of the league. We all know that the problems run deeper and Venkys are to blame, but this style of football coupled with no real plan B and no defensive organisation isn't working anymore.

Yes I know we have a shocker of a goalkeeper and recruitment has been rough, but this group is better than making such basic errors. A fresh pair of eyes is needed.

• Like 2

Too many players in that team who are not championship standard. Wahlstedt, Moran, Markanday, Ennis, Leonard, Hill, might all be good one day but they’re not what we need right now. The squad is just not good enough. We’re in an awful run and showing relegation form now but it’s down to missing so many first teamers and having to rely on loans, free transfers and cast offs to bolster our squad.

It all comes back to having no resources to replace the players we’ve lost and build a squad to challenge for promotion. Not the fault of JDT or Broughton IMO, the blame lies with Venkys. Sad times. 

• Like 2

Just now, BigBar said:

God forbid he doesn't ever try something different and you know, show a bit of initiative. All too cushy under naive Jon. Nice guy though.

We played well today until a handful of players were knackered and had to make some subs.

Rotherham didn't deserve a point, but that's what happens when the taps get turned off and you have owners and their underlings who don't understand the rudimentary demands of a football team.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sparks Rover said:

He's a versatile quality defender in this league....unfortunately managed by a clown

A quality defender that can't win a header? Give it a rest!

• Like 4

JDT has to go. You have to get the basics right to win football matches consistently in this league. The amount of goals conceded shows he has no idea about getting the basics right.

Still, I don't think players like Leo are capable of doing the basics right.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BigBar said:

God forbid he doesn't ever try something different and you know, show a bit of initiative. All too cushy under naive Jon. Nice guy though.

LOL I get the impression  he's incredibly ruthless. You're thinking of the last manager.