BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v West Bromwich Albion (a) - 13/1/24

1 minute ago, J*B said:

I can’t believe you lot think changing manager is the solution here. The problems are so much bigger than that. 

There is ZERO point in having people like JDT, Sigurdsson, Moran, Wharton if the restrictions from the owners are as they are at the moment. 

Before match. "We won't get anything from this match. Venkys out."

45 minutes later. "Sack the manager."

I knew I shouldn't have logged in.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, J*B said:

I can’t believe you lot think changing manager is the solution here. The problems are so much bigger than that. 

There is ZERO point in having people like JDT, Sigurdsson, Moran, Wharton if the restrictions from the owners are as they are at the moment. 

Indeed. But let’s not absolve him of absolutely all blame either.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Rover8T4 said:

He will have a successful career no doubt but His methods aren't working for us. Seems too stubborn to change his ideas. How long should he get

It doesn’t matter because it can’t change until the manager gets the tools to do his job wether it’s JDT, klopp, coyle or anyone else you want to name

Edited by Oldgregg86

JDT has imploded as Rovers head coach at this point. We all know that he has been dealt a really bad hand with recruitment, and injuries haven't helped, but at this point we just seem to be playing kamikaze football without a goalkeeper.

I'm afraid this is only going to get worse. Many will point to the fact that Rovers have one of the lowest wage budgets, lowest transfer budgets and most inexperienced squads.....and they're right to do so. BUT these tactics are not helping.

We all know that this starts and ends with the owners, but right now its about staying in the league. JDT doesn't appear to be the man to do it.

• Like 5

Can we stop with the relegation hyperbole. We're ten points above the relegation zone, closer in points to 6th than we are 22nd. We've had a bad string of results, it happens to most teams throughout the season but talk of relegation is extremely premature, so give your heads a wobble.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Rover8T4 said:

He will have a successful career no doubt but His methods aren't working for us. Seems too stubborn to change his ideas. How long should he get

He won't. He might do well at a massive club in Scandinavia or Scotland but he won't go on to a standard club and have them be very successful. Too meek and too stubborn.

4 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

The CBs haven't won a single contested header (and Hyam set up their attacker for the second goal with his header). Not sure what the HC is meant to do there - teams are just going to lump it (and have).

They're not bad defenders. They are poorly coached on the defensive side of the game. The focus in training is on passing the ball. We don't work on the basics. 

If an organiser like Warnock or Allardyce was our manager, neither of whom will be, then I can guarenatee you that the exact same defenders would not be making these kind of mistakes. 

• Like 3

Iv'e been biting my lip on this for a while but HYam has been absolute gash this season he is way overrated here on the back of a handful of good performances over a season and a half.

The thing you need from a centre half is consistency and organisation and he's never delivered either.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

He had kaminski sold and given Leo. Every game he’s let a goal in at least , 2 today. How can he be blamed for that. He didn’t sell kaminski and didn’t sign Leo . Have you seen the depleted shit he’s been left with. No one and I mean no one could get a this team above mid table. The blame is everywhere but JDT. He’s in the media everyday saying what we’re saying everyday . He has said what will happen without bringing bodies in , he’s begged for experience. Seriously what more can he do. Take Leonard off and put pat gamble in the defence . He’s got literally nothing to work with

He is in the media begging for experience while shipping it out of the team after freezing them out. I am no fan of Travis but it was obvious for weeks that we needed to change formation and get some protection into midfield because anything that goes into the box is a goal.

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

It doesn’t matter because it can’t change until the manager gets the tools to do his job

No excuse, He's lost the respect of his Captain, Looks as though he's lost the dressing room. His ideas are not working, can blame the tools as you say but those tools are good enough to be beating some of those teams we were beaten by. It's his job to motivate the team and by his facial expression on the bench it looks as though he can't motivate himself

Wahstedt not good enough for the 3rd goal, should be holding onto the ball 

3 minutes ago, Mercer said:

You would think our goalkeeping 'expert' coach Ben Benson would have signed-off on this!

why would he signed off? GB and JDT signed transfers off

Think it's been clear for a few matches now - JDT has most likely lost the dressing room.

what a load of rubbish that comment is. JDT hasn't lost the dressing room but the squad need signings and a boast to the squad. 

JDT needs to go now before his reputation is in absolute tatters.

Haven't a feckin clue just what Remy, Lowe, Benson and Johnson do.  Performances and results suggest, to me, they are all a bunch of tossers who need sacking.

JDT is going nowhere. This squad need signings. Simple as

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, waynerovers said:

We've had a bad string of results, it happens to most teams throughout the season

Tbf most teams don't end up rock bottom of the form table and with most amount of goals conceded in the league.

I'd hazard a guess only us and Rotherham have done it this season. 

3 minutes ago, waynerovers said:

Can we stop with the relegation hyperbole. We're ten points above the relegation zone, closer in points to 6th than we are 22nd. We've had a bad string of results, it happens to most teams throughout the season but talk of relegation is extremely premature, so give your heads a wobble.

Delusional post.....

3 minutes ago, booth said:

Before match. "We won't get anything from this match. Venkys out."

45 minutes later. "Sack the manager."

I knew I shouldn't have logged in.

The owners are the biggest problem but jdt is a shit manager. Ironically if we had a functioning club he’d be long gone this evening and no one would bat an eyelid. 

• Like 2

This defense is funamentally broken. Is that JDT, Rene, Benson (set piece coach?) or the players? 

Andrew Moran with a blinding 45 minute game of hide and seek. Disgusting half... there's playing badly (Hyam, Brittain, Leonard), and then there's hiding, which is worse?

Hyam (mk 2?), Leonard and Moran need hooked. If Gallagher and JRC have 45 mins in them, get them in. Give Chrisene a run out too.

I'd genuinely be making 4 subs. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blow-in said:

He is in the media begging for experience while shipping it out of the team after freezing them out. I am no fan of Travis but it was obvious for weeks that we needed to change formation and get some protection into midfield because anything that goes into the box is a goal.

Travis got dropped last year for being abysmal. As a result he asked to be transferred and at the time most would have said good riddance. If you think Travis is the answer you must have missed this.

• Like 1