BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v West Bromwich Albion (a) - 13/1/24

7 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Iv'e been biting my lip on this for a while but HYam has been absolute gash this season he is way overrated here on the back of a handful of good performances over a season and a half.

The thing you need from a centre half is consistency and organisation and he's never delivered either.

I totally agree. In fact I’ve never liked him since Burnley away when he let some punk winger get away with giving him the 3-0 sign right in his face. No passion. Today he’s been dreadful.

• Like 2

The owners are clearly the ones who take the blame. This bunch of kids are not competitive enough at this level, leading to regular gutless, spineless performances like today.

But Tomasson isnt blameless either and the change in style has led to hs having conceded the most in the entire league.

Players like Leonard, Garrett and Moran have no place being fairly regularly on a Championship pitch. The keeper is as bad as I can ever remember. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, booth said:

Travis got dropped last year for being abysmal. As a result he asked to be transferred and at the time most would have said good riddance. If you think Travis is the answer you must have missed this.

His positional play and sensing of danger is far better than Tronstadt and the lazy Wharton. Some people need to look at what players are doing off the ball.

6 minutes ago, matt83 said:

The owners are the biggest problem but jdt is a shit manager. Ironically if we had a functioning club he’d be long gone this evening and no one would bat an eyelid. 

If we had a barely functioning club we wouldn't be in this position, as we saw last season.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, booth said:

Travis got dropped last year for being abysmal. As a result he asked to be transferred and at the time most would have said good riddance. If you think Travis is the answer you must have missed this.

I said I was no fan, I have been calling for a change of formation for months. Like it or not he is the club captain with 200 games played he was never even given a chance this season to play as one of 2 holding mids, instead we have continued with a formation that is clearly not working.

Edited by Blow-in
  • Like 3

Just looked at the stats on the Rovers website. It says we have had 58% possession. You could nearly laugh if it wasn’t so fucking tragic.

Btw, I was firmly in the pro-JDT camp. I won’t be defending him now, no way.

Best possible outcome for us would be Sweden national team come to our rescue like Newcastle did when Souness lost the plot. 

As for a return of Mark Hughes - yes please - a return to the ‘dogs of war’ attitude would be absolutely fine right now.

• Like 3

Just now, Hasta said:

His positional play and sensing of danger is far better than Tronstadt and the lazy Wharton. Some people need to look at what players are doing off the ball.

I think you should take your own advice - he's miles off the standard of Tronstad and A. Wharton. Absolutely miles. 

• Like 2

Just now, bluebruce said:

No, for JDT.

well, that's a different point all together. i don't think anyone would begrudge jdt that. but the point is: missing out on sixth place on goal difference is not a decade long ceiling to celebrate 

Lewis Travis should have been the first name on this team sheet!

Almost every game for the past month, Blackburn Rovers has showcased a mentally weak, soft and pathetic "performance" from it's starting XI... yet our captain (and passion!) is shipped out to 2nd in the league because he actually shows some cojones! 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I think you should take your own advice - he's miles off the standard of Tronstad and A. Wharton. Absolutely miles. 

West Brom had a guy go clean through near the end of that half then and Wharton was just jogging back behind him. He could see the danger right in front of him and just watched him, then hardly bust a gut to get to him. How the hell can you watch that and think Wharton is better than Travis in defensive midfield off the ball?

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Blow-in said:

I said I was no fan, I have been calling for a change of formation for months. Like it or not he is the club captain with 200 games played he was never even given a change this season to play as one of 2 holding mids, instead we have continued with a formation that is clearly not working.

Wanting Travis in the team and solve our problems is like expecting Gallagher is going to come back and start knocking them in regularly.

They both needed replacing long before this manager came along.

As for the formation, I've seen Travis play as one of 2 holding mids and we were shit then too. I think the only answer is to have owners who actually give a shit. Actually, we had owners who couldn't give a shit before Venkys, but they had the decency to employ people who did give a shit in their absence. And that's the difference.

• Like 2

I refuse to believe Travis asked to go out on loan, just as I refuse to believe JDT asked for him to be shipped out.

This is 100% a cost-cutting exercise of the kind that has been biting the club firmly on the arse all season.

7 minutes ago, Dolly blue said:

These “ players “ and I use this term loosely clearly have no confidence in themselves, each other and , more importantly, the manager .

They are bereft of confidence, guts direction and leadership.

We will be relegated if the current “ management “ remains . 

It’s because they can’t trust the goalkeeper. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, speedies gonna get ya. said:

JDT will walk. Travis was upsetting apple cart in training. Players lost all confidence in him doing same thing every week. I think it's a shame as could have done well if backed but he's not the right man for a relagation scrap. 

It's a case of who blinks first. Ro.vers won't pay him off. Best outcome is Sweeden pay for his services.

We are in big big trouble both on and off the pitch.

Best outcome? Who the fuck do you back the wretches to bring in to replace him? 

Its been suicidal football weeks after weeks. And we got all the  ingredients for relegation :

Two dodgy keepers

Defence performing badly, defence low on confidence playing in front of a lousy keeper

Lack of a decent centre forward,

Over reliance on a midfielder to outscore the opponents

Lack of pace

No physical presence, weak mentality to battle on when conceding goals first

For those who think we are too good to go down, lets see..

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, matt83 said:

A terrifyingly low bar 

really? Mowbray and Bowyer couldn't do any better despite having proven goalscorers like Rhodes and Gestede or Graham, Dack, Armstrong and BBD. 

4 minutes ago, Mars Rover said:

I'm inclined to somewhat agree with Chaddy here. Managers and players don't usually turn to shit overnight.

The problem is this new "project" (aka the Waggott special aka sell anything that isn't nailed down and hope for the best) doesn't fit with JDT nor the players brought in. Hurtling towards relegation does not add value.

It's from the owners not Waggott. He can only do so much.

4 minutes ago, booth said:

On a small budget with no decent strikers, after the CEO allowed several players to leave for nothing.

Then this rapidly declining season coincides with the owners turning their collective backs on the team whilst telling the inept CEO to sell and save.

I know who to blame.

The Indian government thing hasn't help one bit. After last season, we were moving forward and looking on the up. But we didn't sign the proven striker we all know we need

3 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

Kompany got Burnley promoted last season , so what ...He has too go !

Look at his budget compare to ours. They bought the league