BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Huddersfield Town (h) - 20/01/2024

6 minutes ago, LDRover said:

There needs to be more of a spotlight on this so called DoF and his recruitment.

If he didn't really want Szmodics last year then what are his successes? The 2 he has brought in so far this transfer window look unimpressive so far and, added to the shambolic summer recruitment, his overall performance on that front is pretty dire.

JDT is hardly covering himself in glory but the tools at his disposal (and I use that word deliberately) are hardly helping. It's about time the mute bald headed shithouse found his voice and communicated the plan, if there is one.

100%.

What sort of a DOF maintains radio silence during a transfer window?

26 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

The fact you absolve Mowbray of any responsibility for our current predicament is equally bizarre to me but it's crying over spilt milk to a certain degree, we are where we are now despite the fact it's due to a wide combination of factors and shite management over a number of years.

In answer to your last question, the money did materialise last January didn't it but Greg the Egg couldn't get the O Brien deal over the line.

More recently the reason the money hasn't materialised is due to the sanctions imposed by the Indian Government. Unless you're a conspiracy theorist who thinks its all made up.

All the owners fault in the first instance obviously.

I find it staggering how he even enters your mind after todays game and the current position and run of form considering he left 18 months ago. Why is he still living rent free in your head?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Nah you can't just take away szmodics from him. Give him stick cos some of these signings aren't upto it at all but he pulled the trigger on szmodics. 

I'm sure Waggott said the egg didn't fancy Szmodics?

Just now, roversfan99 said:

I find it staggering how he even enters your mind after todays game and the current position and run of form considering he left 18 months ago. Why is he still living rent free in your head?

Well, the fact we were left with only one senior striker, and that was £5m signing Sam Gallagher, is entirely his fault. In the 18 months following his departure, this should have been addressed. It still doesn't take away from the fact that he had this bizarre idea that we should operate without centre forwards and it's still having an affect on the team today.

9 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

100%.

What sort of a DOF maintains radio silence during a transfer window?

I wouldn’t trust the bloke as far as I could throw him, but he will justify his silence by saying he is waiting for the Window to end.

The whole set up is just absolute garbage, and the taps being turned off just makes our vanity project even more ludicrous.

What the current situation cries out for is a pragmatist, who is completely focussed on getting results.

Broughton or that kind of manager?
Not a difficult choice.

Won’t happen and we just have to hope the current leeway from the bottom three saves us.

Edited by martonrover
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

The club is an absolute shambles.

Play a certain way, to add value to players, so we can make them more saleable>defending properly & winning football matches.

Why the fuck are we Crewe Alexandra from the 90s? Completely pointless existence.

Sammie and Wharton aside, which of our players are worth more now than when the season started?

• Like 1

Just now, roversfan99 said:

The set up from the start but especially with Sigurdsson as a wing back and Rankin Costello as a third centre back certainly was a manager losing his marbles.

I thought we were playing well until Carter went off injured. We certainly seemed more defensively solid but some of that may have been due to the absence of Wahlsted.

• Like 1

Just now, martonrover said:

I wouldn’t trust the bloke as far as I could throw him, but he will justify his silence by saying he is waiting for the Window to end.

The whole set up is just absolute garbage, and the taps being turned off just make our vanity project even more ludicrous.

What the current situation cries out for is a pragmatist, who is completely focussed on getting results.

Broughton or that kind of manager?
Not a difficult choice.

Won’t happen and we just have to hope the current leeway from the bottom three saves us.

But transfers aren’t his only remit.

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Because imo he is largely at fault for the overall predicament we now find ourself in.  As is Waggott, As is Broughton.

I'm astounded you can't see that. Ultimately all the owners responsibility of course as their name's over the door and they're the ones who employed these clowns.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

But transfers aren’t his only remit.

Agreed, but he is clearly content to let JDT do the talking, ie the easy option.

Broughton and Waggott happy to lurk in the shadows, both probably thinking the other should be doing more.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, booth said:

Well, the fact we were left with only one senior striker, and that was £5m signing Sam Gallagher, is entirely his fault. In the 18 months following his departure, this should have been addressed. It still doesn't take away from the fact that he had this bizarre idea that we should operate without centre forwards and it's still having an affect on the team today.

The signing was nearly 5 years ago. Since, we sold another striker Mowbray signed at a massive profit and the money vanished, he wasnt allowed to spend any. We could have sold another striker Mowbray signed, the owners said no and another opportunity for money was gone. The blame for the lack of money invested in the team is on the owners in such a long time. The other strikers we have are a freebie, a player for a nominal fee from the German 4th league and an academy graduate. There is absolutely no way that the fee paid for Gallagher so long ago can in any way be justified as a direct reason to blame Mowbray for this mess. The owners have not themselves invested any money in a striker, reinvested any of the considerable money we have received for a Mowbray striker in that time and actively have blocked potential reinvestment opportunities for other profitable Mowbray signings (especially Brereton) across a considerable time span.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
9 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

Sammie and Wharton aside, which of our players are worth more now than when the season started?

None of them, the model is shit, because it’s not focussed on winning football matches.

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Because imo he is largely at fault for the overall predicament we now find ourself in.  As is Waggott, As is Broughton.

I'm astounded you can't see that. Ultimately all the owners responsibility of course as their name's over the door and they're the ones who employed these clowns.

Can you explain why they:

1. Havent themselves allowed a fee of over the 2m for Szmodics to be invested on a player across the last 5 years

2. Didnt allow any of the considerable fee received for Armstrong (a striker Mowbray signed) to be reinvested

3. Blocked potential sales of Brereton and Rothwell of a combined 8 figure fee to then allow reinvestment into the club for a new striker/new players

• Like 1

A point closer to what I really think is going to be a limp to survival (hopefully). We created very little and got carved apart at times by one of the poorer teams in the league, who missed 2 excellent chances. A bloody awful watch. 

Another hugely frustrating day at Ewood today. I was baffled when I saw the team line up on the pitch and I'm still at a loss to understand the formation and where a couple of players were actually playing. Pickering at times became a third centre half but also played as a conventional left back at times yet when he went off in the second half of was like we weren't playing with a left back at all. Really strange. Going ahead with a good goal should have been the catalyst to stay solid for a while and defend properly but our ineptitude from a corner was almost predictable. I think most of us saw it coming. Huddersfield played on the break and in doing this exposed us several times and I honestly thought if another goal was going to be scored it would be them. Pears kept us in it and more than anybody we owe him for the point we got. Despite having the majority of the ball we didn't create much and rarely troubled a resolute Huddersfield defence. The normally reliable Tronstad had an off day and unusually for him gave the ball away a lot. Szmodics wasn't at the races today and his brisk walk down the tunnel along with his in game body language gave me the distinct impression all is not well. Two more injuries certainly won't help and hopefully Carter going off was more precautionary but Pickerings hamstring injury looked a bad one. I have been critical of Hyam recently but I thought he was much better today and along with Adam Wharton was one of the better players. Hopefully and hour will have done Gallagher good and we need JRC up to speed quickly as Brittain looks spent in every game.

Lastly I thought the referee was poor, as bad as I have seen this season. He missed a clear penalty for us and seconds later have Huddersfield a free kick for a holding offence nowhere near as bad as the one on Gallagher. And the offside fiasco in the first half wouldn't have looked out of place in a Brian Rix farce. His random foul detection frustrated the life out of everyone.

• Like 4