BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

John Eustace - our head coach

• Moderation Lead
6 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Hmmm - in 2024, we've also had QPR, Huddersfield and Rotherham at home; 3 'similar' games to those referred to giving us just 2 points.  Add in Stoke if you want but that's still only 5 points from 4, on paper, 'must win' / 'winnable' games.

I wish I shared your confidence and optimism!

It’ll obviously be tough, but there’s a reason all those teams are down the bottom like we are, they tend not to be very good! It would take a hell of a lot of things happening for us to go down.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

A huge task for JE to get us to safety.

Take Tuesday's match at Cardiff:

• Is 37 year old McFadzean going to play his 4th consecutive game in 11 days?
  • Are long term returnees Hedges and Gallagher going to manage their 4th consecutive game in 11 days given, particularly, Gallagher's injury record?
  • Will Fleck play again?  Hardly kicked a ball all season and injured within 20 minutes - you couldn't make it up!

It doesn't look good does it, can JE sub himself on?

For me Stoke and Millwall are in much more precarious positions and its between them for the third place to go down. 

Millwall have been quietly falling down the league, more under the radar than us. Their manager has very little experience of club management. We've seen how Rowatt, their previous manger, has repeatedly had teams over performing. We've seen a few times the gulf in performance when he has left a team. 

Stoke do have a good manager, in fact have had a number of good managers, and yet still struggle. That shows there are bigger issues and this season it feels like the game may be up. Losing to us must also set alarm bells ringing and the fact no one has rectified Stoke for years makes me feel they could be in real bother. 

One of those two plus Weds and Rotherham imo. Our front two will keep us up before going to pastures new leaving us facing the drop next year. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NeilInBristol said:

He's had a week but we have concede 3 goals so not looking great for JE so far.

We have only 14 &1/2 games left so he hasn't got much time.

Like Ampadu said last night, if you keep a clean sheet you get a point.

That should be our focus.

We have conceded in 17 straight games and all of JEs games so far.

Poor.

Our defence is shocking. But it's a not excuse culture so we don't blame anyone? Or there are no excuses for conceding? Confusing JE

No excuses. The buck stops with JE and the team. 

So what's the fucking problem then lads? And I don't want to hear any bullshit excuses. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, martonrover said:

A win, a defeat and a draw, (in a tough away game).

Not great, but not terrible either, and realistically about as good as can have been expected.

He can't take the stoke game mate. That doesn't count 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, martonrover said:

A win, a defeat and a draw, (in a tough away game).

Not great, but not terrible either, and realistically about as good as can have been expected.

Just reading elsewhere, we've taken 4 points from the last 3 games, and 5 points from the previous 11 games, so definitely not terrible. 

Also nice to come off a derby game with something for a change. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, K-Hod said:

It’ll obviously be tough, but there’s a reason all those teams are down the bottom like we are, they tend not to be very good! It would take a hell of a lot of things happening for us to go down.

They have been happening for weeks!

Hope you are right, but I have felt we would go down for weeks....and that was before another disastrous Indian window.

Fck off, Venky's!

• Like 2

For me, Eustace is trying sort the defence out first and make us more solid defensive from open play and not get cut open. Similar to what Hughes did when he took over from Souness. It won't be beautiful football like under JDT but a team who will fight and commit for the shirt and the fans

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

For me, Eustace is trying sort the defence out first and make us more solid defensive from open play and not get cut open. Similar to what Hughes did when he took over from Souness. It won't be beautiful football like under JDT but a team who will fight and commit for the shirt and the fans

This team has absolutely no guts at all so you'll be sorely disappointed if you're expecting them to fight. 

• Like 1

Must have been a mirage of Eustace I saw on the touchline against Stoke, then, and perhaps Johnson was lying when he said that Eustace spent four hours with the squad the day before the game, oh, and the more direct style obviously had nothing to do with him 😉 

Just trying to provide a bit of balance against a backdrop of one or two clearly not willing to be objective towards him because he's not JDT and Waggott appointed him.

• Like 5

14 hours ago, K-Hod said:

People were saying that when the gap was 10 points---its now only five.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Must have been a mirage of Eustace I saw on the touchline against Stoke, then, and perhaps Johnson was lying when he said that Eustace spent four hours with the squad the day before the game, oh, and the more direct style obviously had nothing to do with him 😉 

Just trying to provide a bit of balance against a backdrop of one or two clearly not willing to be objective towards him because he's not JDT and Waggott appointed him.

The change of playing style was obvious. I was expecting more of the old ways of playing under Johnno and Lowe.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, arbitro said:

One of the best moments of the game yesterday was when Scott Wharton smashed into Frokjaer-Jensen who up to then I thought was their best player. Scott won the ball and followed through making sure he hurt the Nobber. He limped around for a bit and wasn't half as effective after that. More of that will do for me.

Yeah, you need to have a “ quietener “ or two in your locker at times. I used to say  ” I can see how good you are, now let’s see how brave you are ? “

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The change of playing style was obvious. I was expecting more of the old ways of playing under Johnno and Lowe.

The goals we scored were the style of play we were used to under jdt. Quick one touch. Jdt didn't have gally available for most of this season he was in charge of. 

The way we conceded two corners and then didn't defend well enough in the box was also how we've been playing all season. The second goal was so irritating because it's preventable, hedges gets in pears way, could argue pears didn't do enough to shout and claim the ball, either way it's calamitous as per usual.

Edited by NeilInBristol
Typo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Staggered, but not surprised, how easy you switch seamlessly from one horse to the next.

Firstly, you praised JDT to the hilt for his football principles and style of play and how all new signings should be made cognizant to that style; you then went on to say should JDTleave, he should be replaced by a manager / coach with exactly the same principles etc.

JDT and Eustace are chalk and cheese yet you are lapping it all up.

Your stuff about "a team who will fight and commit for the shirt and the fans" is also what Big Sam's Rovers did in the main and his football was pilloried by the likes of you.

You must be Waggott's dream!!!

• Like 1