BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

John Eustace - our head coach

Made a deal with myself not to read or listen to him even after good results - the guy might not save our club but if he  has the players working like yesterday then fair dos as he is head coach not manager.

Yesterday also demonstrated what a shit show it is behind the scenes - not a single viable sub on the bench with 15 minutes left - zero options to freshen things up either mid game or to next game. People talk about protecting Sammie S but when the options are Buckley, Moran or Telavovic then it is much less clear cut.

TLDR don’t listen to his bullshit - you’ll probably be happier 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Roverthechimp said:

Made a deal with myself not to read or listen to him even after good results - the guy might not save our club but if he  has the players working like yesterday then fair dos as he is head coach not manager.

Yesterday also demonstrated what a shit show it is behind the scenes - not a single viable sub on the bench with 15 minutes left - zero options to freshen things up either mid game or to next game. People talk about protecting Sammie S but when the options are Buckley, Moran or Telavovic then it is much less clear cut.

Chrisene, Moran and Buckley are all viable options to bring on. Personally I think Carter is significantly better than Hyam and S. Wharton too. 

The big problem with our subs bench is that we don't have either a goal scorer or pace to bring on (we don't have either in the staring XI either beyond Szmodics). 

It is absolutely no coincidence that #Rovers' best four league displays under Eustace have come after time on the training ground.

Those first eight were a slog but he sorted out the defence. Last four has been a vision into what next season could look like.

-view of Elliot in the LT

I would add return of players from injury, especially JRC and the much criticised Gallagher.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Chrisene, Moran and Buckley are all viable options to bring on. Personally I think Carter is significantly better than Hyam and S. Wharton too. 

The big problem with our subs bench is that we don't have either a goal scorer or pace to bring on (we don't have either in the staring XI either beyond Szmodics). 

Understand your point but in yesterday’s situation would you have brought any of those players on with around 20 mins left purely because the others were starting to tire?

We are still in danger of going down, despite becoming harder to beat and that's down to just one win in 12 under Eustace, which let's face it, is poor.

If we draw or lose on Wednesday and lose at Leeds (maybe I am being too pessimistic but I see that as a nailed on defeat) then it will be one win in 14 which is abysmal.

The jury is still firmly out in my mind, but to be fair, it we do get a win on Wednesday, then I think we will be safe and that's job done.

In my view, keeping us up will be a clean slate for me and I hope we can sort our finances out and get some decent signings in, to give him a chance next season.

Edited by lraC
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Roverthechimp said:

I rarely listen now whoever is boss i find it keeps me a bit more sane in regards to what's going on and less knee jerky.

Bowyer did it for me i liked the guy but couldn't listen to his right good go nonsense after the latest 1-1 at home where we'd only attacked with any conviction for all of 10 mins at the end.  So i virtually stopped listening pre/post match since then barring the odd occasion.

Ironically i'd started listening a bit more when JDT rocked up because he was fresh and a bit different but haven't listened to one Eustace one yet and that's no disrespect to him but most managers it's just platitudes and cliques.

Interviews away from matches are a different matter.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Roverthechimp said:

I don't agree one bit, we had Carter, Moran, Buckley, Garrett, Chrisene and Telalovic who could on and made an impact but everyone was playing well and to the plan. 

7 hours ago, philipl said:

It is absolutely no coincidence that #Rovers' best four league displays under Eustace have come after time on the training ground.

Those first eight were a slog but he sorted out the defence. Last four has been a vision into what next season could look like.-view of Elliot in the LT

I would add return of players from injury, especially JRC and the much criticised Gallagher.

I said a few weeks that Eustace needed time on the training pitch to get his ideas over to the pitch. You can see the impact he has had since this time. 

6 hours ago, Roverthechimp said:

Understand your point but in yesterday’s situation would you have brought any of those players on with around 20 mins left purely because the others were starting to tire?

I would have, yes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I would have, yes.

Fair enough - I couldn’t think of a single change that wouldn’t have weakened the team even considering tiredness. Personally think JE made the right call in isolation but it could easily bite him on the ass fatigue/injury wise

6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

We could have brought on Telalovic to make an impact. He never has before, but still.

I do think he's got a better touch than Gally - the couple of matches where he was given a start under JDT, I think he looks decent enough.

Should have scored a few (at least a couple at Hull springs to mind), but he's just struggling to get that first one away.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Andy said:

I do think he's got a better touch than Gally - the couple of matches where he was given a start under JDT, I think he looks decent enough.

Should have scored a few (at least a couple at Hull springs to mind), but he's just struggling to get that first one away.

Even if he did get a goal somehow, I don't think it would set off a run. I don't see any redeeming features in him, we did get him from the German 4th division to be fair and I can see why both managers this season have only used him when absolutely necessary.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, lraC said:

We are still in danger of going down, despite becoming harder to beat and that's down to just one win in 12 under Eustace, which let's face it, is poor.

If we draw or lose on Wednesday and lose at Leeds (maybe I am being too pessimistic but I see that as a nailed on defeat) then it will be one win in 14 which is abysmal.

The jury is still firmly out in my mind, but to be fair, it we do get a win on Wednesday, then I think we will be safe and that's job done.

In my view, keeping us up will be a clean slate for me and I hope we can sort our finances out and get some decent signings in, to give him a chance next season.

To be honest I think we'll be safe. As soft and shit as our side is there are teams below us that are far worse and they have to play each other.

We've not conceded that many goals over the last few games but 1 win in 12 is gash.

What I don't like about JE is that he set out his stall from the day he arrived that he's just a venkys yes man. Going into games against Plymouth Argyle looking to just scratch a draw is not good enough for me but then again I have standards that I will not lower just because the owners have none of their own.

27 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

To be honest I think we'll be safe. As soft and shit as our side is there are teams below us that are far worse and they have to play each other.

We've not conceded that many goals over the last few games but 1 win in 12 is gash.

What I don't like about JE is that he set out his stall from the day he arrived that he's just a venkys yes man. Going into games against Plymouth Argyle looking to just scratch a draw is not good enough for me but then again I have standards that I will not lower just because the owners have none of their own.

Maybe we should have tried for Alonso instead. I know he’s just turned Liverpool down but we’re Blackburn Rovers and we have standards.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Maybe we should have tried for Alonso instead. I know he’s just turned Liverpool down but we’re Blackburn Rovers and we have standards.

Well he's not going to go into a game against Plymouth Argyle looking for a draw at least.

My standards are not that high anyway, I'm content with a top ten premier league finish.

11 hours ago, Roverthechimp said:

Fair enough - I couldn’t think of a single change that wouldn’t have weakened the team even considering tiredness. Personally think JE made the right call in isolation but it could easily bite him on the ass fatigue/injury wise

Fatigue leads to errors. 

13 hours ago, Upside Down said:

What I don't like about JE is that he set out his stall from the day he arrived that he's just a venkys yes man.

Eustace has managed to get two of his own backroom team through the door, and I'd wager he had to fight for that.

I'm not sure that lines up with him being a "yes" man.

He hasn't , to date, made any comment about Venky's, and has basically said he's just getting on with the job and avoiding the politics.

He's been pragmatic, rather than spectacular, but even the likes of Pep and Klopp would have to go down that route here.

There are signs that he and his coaching staff have ideas and methods to improve players individually, and more of a threat from set pieces.

• Like 1

Yeah I’m not really buying all this ‘yes man’ stuff.

JDT was an outlier in the way he just didn’t give a feck and went after whoever he pleased - and I loved him for it. But most people in football toe the line as they want to remain employable as it’s a very small, who you know industry, so by that barometer 99% of folk in the game are ‘yes men’, so you best get used to it.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

JDT was an outlier in the way he just didn’t give a feck and went after whoever he pleased - and I loved him for it. But most people in football toe the line as they want to remain employable as it’s a very small, who you know industry, so by that barometer 99% of folk in the game are ‘yes men’, so you best get used to it.

It’s like any job - the time to start throwing your weight around is when you’ve established some sort of reputation. When you have some credit in the bank. Until then you keep your mouth shut and just get on with the task.

5 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Interesting that JDT has not mentioned the shitshow since leaving. Not a criticism of him but ironic that as an employee/contracted party he could speak more freely than as an ex employee/contracted partner.

Sums up the wacky world of football 

• Like 1