BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

John Eustace - our head coach

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don't know if this was Waggott's appointment but given what GB has said repeatably about always a shortlist of replacements for JDT position and that GB presented these lists of different options to the board to decide who to appoint. 

JDT clearly had a way out of the club before the QPR game and he was about to take it. I do wonder how long Rovers knew about the Sweden talks and I do think it would have been best to part ways last summer given what we know now 

On Eustace, he isn't media savvy like JDT was or Allardyce was. Its probably a side of the job he doesn't like doing

Whether he was Waggotts appointment or Broughton's is a mute point. You asked about the circumstances that I was referring to in my post and my reply explained these circumstances.

I guess you are of the opinion of the jury is out at the minute, as I fail to see how anyone can be happy with him at the minute.

I am very unhappy with the appointment and as already stated, I will nail my colours to the mast and state that he will take us down and the blame falls with who appointed him as well as the guy himself. 

I can see this, perhaps you and Waggott can't and if I am proved to be wrong, I will hold my hands up.

Do you think he will keep us up?

Eustace will always have a problem winning over a section of the fan base due to who is perceived to have appointed him. Comparison has been made to Jim iley however the players didn't want to play for him so not a true comparison . He is more John Pickering to me.

You reckon? Away from brfcs can’t say I’ve heard much of that.

Indeed, certainly at Ewood he seems to be getting cut a fair bit of slack by a load who never warmed to JDT in the first place.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Rogerb said:

Eustace will always have a problem winning over a section of the fan base due to who is perceived to have appointed him. Comparison has been made to Jim iley however the players didn't want to play for him so not a true comparison . He is more John Pickering to me.

I really can't accept that.

If he had won 3 or 4 of his first 10 instead of the current none, I am pretty sure that he would have already won the fan base over. The facts are there in black and white and not only that, the brand of football has been very poor so far too.

If he wins today and again on Saturday, he will win a section over too and even keeping us up will probably do the trick.

52 minutes ago, lraC said:

Whether he was Waggotts appointment or Broughton's is a mute point. You asked about the circumstances that I was referring to in my post and my reply explained these circumstances.

I guess you are of the opinion of the jury is out at the minute, as I fail to see how anyone can be happy with him at the minute.

I am very unhappy with the appointment and as already stated, I will nail my colours to the mast and state that he will take us down and the blame falls with who appointed him as well as the guy himself. 

I can see this, perhaps you and Waggott can't and if I am proved to be wrong, I will hold my hands up.

Do you think he will keep us up?

I can see what he is trying to do which stop the amount of goals going in whilst trying to stop us losing games. In some of those games we should have won like PNE away for example but I can see what he is trying to do. 

Yes I do. 

33 minutes ago, lraC said:

I really can't accept that.

If he had won 3 or 4 of his first 10 instead of the current none, I am pretty sure that he would have already won the fan base over. The facts are there in black and white and not only that, the brand of football has been very poor so far too.

If he wins today and again on Saturday, he will win a section over too and even keeping us up will probably do the trick.

But let's face it, even if he does his job and keeps us up you still won't be having him will you?

7 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

But let's face it, even if he does his job and keeps us up you still won't be having him will you?

I will actually why would I not?

57 minutes ago, Rogerb said:

I made comparisons to the start Eustace has made here to Iley's record. I wasn't comparing them directly, Whilst Eustace hasn't impressed at all thus far I think it's far too early to write him off completely and at this stage I think the players are still playing for him as such.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lraC said:

I will actually why would I not?

OK I'll believe you, it just sounded like you wouldn't. And that a lot of others were even more entrenched in their opposition to him than you!

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

OK I'll believe you, it just sounded like you wouldn't. And that a lot of others were even more entrenched in their opposition to him than you!

Not at all. I am basing my opinion on not only the results, but also the way we have played.

If he keeps us up, I will go into the summer as a very relieved fan and so far as I am concerned, the slate is then clean for next season, with the manager.

For clarity, I do not blame the manager for the current mess, he was on a hiding to nothing.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, lraC said:

Not at all. I am basing my opinion on not only the results, but also the way we have played.

If he keeps us up, I will go into the summer as a very relieved fan and so far as I am concerned, the slate is then clean for next season, with the manager.

For clarity, I do not blame the manager for the current mess, he was on a hiding to nothing.

Just the latest in a long line of fall guys. We all know what the real problem is.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, lraC said:

Spot on, that's roughly my position as well.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, lraC said:

if eustace is  guilty of anything,it`s being a bit daft taking the job

• Like 2

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Who says he is Yes Man. 

If you don't like his interviews don't watch them. Your comments reminds me of people moaning about a TV show instead of turning the channel over

Lol. Yes I'll stop watching interviews of my football teams coach. Whilst I'm at it I'll stop watching the team. And shall I stop supporting rovers?! Sigh. Just want a manager who says the truth.

Some examples could be

We need to win this game and we are doing our best but we don't have good enough quality of players and I am working hard with the director of football

We played bad against x

We could do better

We are working on x on the coaching ground

We know we need to better

Etc.

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

he seems to be getting cut a fair bit of slack by a load who never warmed to JDT in the first place.

Because he is a foreigner, speaks English better than them, called out the nonsense at the club and had a good line in wry humour? 🙂

Edited by aletheia

I haven’t responded until now, but I think Eustace is a very good signing as manager.

he is clearly hindered by a number of factors and the time to judge will be Christmas 2024 where we will see with a pre season, a transfer window and time to implement his ideas what he is about. We are clearly more solid at the back and today’s result shows that we can still be attacking going forward. Another win and a draw and we should be safe.

• Like 1

Well done. Excellent performance. Defensively solid but plenty of men getting forward to support the attack. Add a bit of quality and that will do for me most weeks,