BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

John Eustace - our head coach

Just now, Herbie6590 said:

We’ll drop into the bottom three for the first time on the final day…mark my words…

Then bounce back out of the bottom three, as the season ends. Sky coverage of Rovers fans celebrating at Leicester.

47 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

We’ll drop into the bottom three for the first time on the final day…mark my words…

43 minutes ago, rigger said:

Then bounce back out of the bottom three, as the season ends. Sky coverage of Rovers fans celebrating at Leicester.

If Carlsberg did plot twists…

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I can't believe more wasn't made of the fact that after initially negotiating a reasonable sounding permanent fee of £2.5 m for Mcguire GB then agreed to an option to purchase of around £7m Euros  as part of the proposed loan deal.

Mainly because that isn't true.

£2.5m was the original deal, then it was revised to £3.5m - as per Broughton himself last week.

1 hour ago, aletheia said:

I’m not blaming him alone, but nobody can exonerate him from blame when he oversaw such a bad run after being in such a good position. 

He was the one who got us into such a good position. And yes you can blame him for the points tally in a subsequent poor run. (although we know that this was initially having players injured and and players leaving, then subsequently an entitled ‘group’ downing tools and JDT losing the will giving the dysfunction around him.)

…how big a mess he inherited…

Nothing has changed other than Wharton leaving. In fact, Eustace has several plusses that JDT didn’t have. All he has done is scrape some draws. Of course, he has exactly the same mess as JDT had in terms of the dysfunction of the owners and SWAG. Another difference is that he is SWAG’s lapdog unlike his predecessor.

The idea that the club pulled off some great move in sacking JDT is most amusing (and the sort of logic of a club PR dept.) He did his best to get out of the barmy kitchen a long time ago but the numpties in charge wouldn’t let him go. When he then has to pay to escape, the PR machine kicks into action and blames him for possibly taking us down.

I’m sure JDT would not have taken us down. He and the players would managed to grin and bear each other and scrape the same points that is currently being delivered. He would of course then left –SWAG and the Raos/Suhail couldn’t possibly have let him interfere for another season by speaking sensibly and calling out their lunacy.

Having said all this, sacking Eustace would probably achieve little. Obviously, we know it won’t happen anyway-too costly and too much on SWAGs string. And if we did, SWAG/Suhail would make sure that the next one would be a sure fire loser and yes-man.

Honestly mate, if he was still here I'd still be backing him, but "losing the will" wasn't part of the project. However it got here, the club is in a mess under his part stewardship. 

I'm way past pinning colours to the mast of any manager or player, those days are well gone, he's got his feet under another table and doesn't give Rovers a second thought. 

We played some great stuff under him, but he left us in a relegation battle, that's all I'm interested in right now, it's all about if Eustace can keep us up. 

• Like 3

You can see inside his mind now? 🙂 I would suggest he possibly does because he has a family member here and has interest still in the area.

He left us higher up the league than present despite the background inadequacies of this club. The present manager has taken us down the league.

I think we will stay up by virtue of points gained earlier in the season and the fact that there are worse teams than us.

I do hope, that in the event of us going down, you will not be part of the inevitable chorus of "It's on JDT, Eustace just did his best in the circumstances."

• Like 2

4 hours ago, rovers11 said:

I'm actually a fan of Eustace and think he's a decent manager. But there's no doubt he's done a really poor job so far. In the 10 games he's been here we've had some very winnable games - most notably Millwall and Plymouth at home - but we've got nowhere near winning a game since he arrived. The performances have been abysmal too.

He's tightened up the defence and performances have been slightly better recently, but you don't get 3 points with slightly better performances and draws. We need wins!

Other results went for us yesterday which negated the Ipswich result (still 3 points clear as we were before the start of this round of games), but I struggle to see us picking up enough points to stay up.

Sunderland is a very winnable game on Monday but we all know we probably won't win it. Realistically, we then have 2 games left where we can pick up points - Sheff W and Bristol. I'd hazard a strong guess we won't win either of those either.

It really is a depressing time to be a Rovers fan. There is no glimmer of light for this club at the moment. The owners are scum.

God knows what you say if you weren't a fan?

• Like 1

I notice Mr No Excuses spent most of the interview making excuses... again. 

No time for this manager at all, doesn't even talk a good game let alone play one. At the end of the season the best case scenario will be we're still in the Championship with a manager who will have won at most 1 or 2 games in 15 or so games. In no way should he be anywhere near the club come July 1st, but he will be, we won't invest and regardless of the league we end up in we'll have another dismal season.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, aletheia said:

I’m not blaming him alone, but nobody can exonerate him from blame when he oversaw such a bad run after being in such a good position. 

He was the one who got us into such a good position. And yes you can blame him for the points tally in a subsequent poor run. (although we know that this was initially having players injured and and players leaving, then subsequently an entitled ‘group’ downing tools and JDT losing the will giving the dysfunction around him.)

…how big a mess he inherited…

Nothing has changed other than Wharton leaving. In fact, Eustace has several plusses that JDT didn’t have. All he has done is scrape some draws. Of course, he has exactly the same mess as JDT had in terms of the dysfunction of the owners and SWAG. Another difference is that he is SWAG’s lapdog unlike his predecessor.

The idea that the club pulled off some great move in sacking JDT is most amusing (and the sort of logic of a club PR dept.) He did his best to get out of the barmy kitchen a long time ago but the numpties in charge wouldn’t let him go. When he then has to pay to escape, the PR machine kicks into action and blames him for possibly taking us down.

I’m sure JDT would not have taken us down. He and the players would managed to grin and bear each other and scrape the same points that is currently being delivered. He would of course then left –SWAG and the Raos/Suhail couldn’t possibly have let him interfere for another season by speaking sensibly and calling out their lunacy.

Having said all this, sacking Eustace would probably achieve little. Obviously, we know it won’t happen anyway-too costly and too much on SWAGs string. And if we did, SWAG/Suhail would make sure that the next one would be a sure fire loser and yes-man.

It all depends how you look at things tbh. 

For some we were in a death sprial under jdt and hadn't won't in 11 and weren't playing well, con Edington goals left right and centre. 

I personally don't think jdt would've take us down, I think we'd have lost more but we wouldn't won a couple somewhere.

Jdt benefited from Adam Wharton but Eustace has had pears and gally available who despite their obvious flaws are still the best options we have in their respective positions. When jdt jdt had us 7th at the start of December I genuinely thought he was working a miracle at that point. Eustace has made us competitive in every game but its about points, and his sides haven't done enough in games to win any. 

He's had a mostly fit squad, he's now had time to work on shape on the training ground. To quote the man himself there's no room for excuses. 

So far he hasn't delivered at all other than some 'good draws'.

A draw on Friday and Monday would've probably been sufficient but when you lose you need a win to get back to parity. 

I'll reiterate my post on the other thread. If we lose the next 2 I'd replace with Johnson otherwise what's the point.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, aletheia said:

You can see inside his mind now? 🙂 I would suggest he possibly does because he has a family member here and has interest still in the area.

He left us higher up the league than present despite the background inadequacies of this club. The present manager has taken us down the league.

I think we will stay up by virtue of points gained earlier in the season and the fact that there are worse teams than us.

I do hope, that in the event of us going down, you will not be part of the inevitable chorus of "It's on JDT, Eustace just did his best in the circumstances."

No, he will certainly have had enough time to turn it around, although I still think it would be a good effort if he saves us. 

Damage has inevitably been done but it isn't beyond repair. I still think it was always going to be a slow turn around, given the defensive issues. Since the goals dried up, that had to be the priority. 

2 hours ago, Herbie6590 said:

That's my worry as well.

The mentality at the Club is such that we always seem to do just enough to fail whether it be throwing away a play off place from a seemingly unassailable position two seasons running or winning games when it's too late to avoid the drop.

I expect the same scenario  followed no doubt by much wailing and gnashing of teeth about how unlucky we've been like when we won the last two under Mowbray when it was too late and went down on 52 points. 

The fact we'd gone I think seven without a win before that didn't seem to count. 

7 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Travis scored a belter at the start of last season

James Hill and Sonny Tronstad this season both scored from outside the penalty area. I don't think this is a problem that's particular to us though. I see so many games when I'm willing a player to shoot but they want an extra touch or look to pass. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I’d like to consider myself quite fair and reasonable. Maybe it because I really liked JDT , maybe my heads just fell off after years of this BS but I’m just not having JE.  The day he was appointed I never got the vibes he was the right man for us and however many games in he hasn’t showed anything to prove me wrong . Being fair he he hasn’t had a pre season, his players etc etc but some people fit certain clubs and from day one he never fit this one  

and that’s coming from someone who believes no one will make this shit show any better . JDT Reallt was working miracles with this squad 

The guy is a total bullshitter. That's what I don't like about him.

I couldn't really give a fuck about him being a shit manager, we were never going to appoint anyone decent. 

In reality he's a perfect fit for this club. A useless gobshyte.

22 minutes ago, arbitro said:

James Hill and Sonny Tronstad this season both scored from outside the penalty area. I don't think this is a problem that's particular to us though. I see so many games when I'm willing a player to shoot but they want an extra touch or look to pass. 

It’s the same with crosses.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I’d like to consider myself quite fair and reasonable. Maybe it because I really liked JDT , maybe my heads just fell off after years of this BS but I’m just not having JE.  The day he was appointed I never got the vibes he was the right man for us and however many games in he hasn’t showed anything to prove me wrong . Being fair he he hasn’t had a pre season, his players etc etc but some people fit certain clubs and from day one he never fit this one  

and that’s coming from someone who believes no one will make this shit show any better . JDT Reallt was working miracles with this squad 

Outstanding performance yesterday - proud of the players.

I wonder if the Brum owners watched a match, read his comments the day after and realized he was totally full of shit regardless of results.

Our owners meanwhile don’t watch, Waggot and the Shadow say all is good and the players are happy cos they all get a pat on the head and a lollipop.

Total twat which would be fine if he got the occasional result or accidentally told the truth once in a while but it really does feel like his comments are aimed at people that didn’t actually see the games

And yes I liked JDT but this guy is now taking the piss along with our fabled senior players including Scott Wharton 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, CambridgeRover said:

I believe that we wont win again this season but still manage to stay up by a point or two due to some draws.

Out of interest, if this is how the rest of the season pans out - us staying up but Eustace not winning a game in his time as a manager - would people see that as job done and be happy to keep him for next season, or would you want him out and start afresh with someone else?

3 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I think that's your problem.

We've annoyed an incredibly talented manager so much that he paid to leave the club. We've brought in a steady Championship calibre manager, but fans can't help but compare him to what came before.

We struck gold with JDT and Waggott / Venkys pissed it away. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Des, he himself came in and said how amazing this squad is. But yet he's not won a fucking game.

Why do people even listen to manager (or player for that matter) interviews?

They're never going to tell you what they actually feel.

I'm sure Eustace is sat in his office with Gardiner thinking "bloody hell, we have absolutely no pace and physicality across the front 3".

He's not going to come out and tell the Radio Lancs / Lancs Telegraph that though is he!

At a normal club you judge the manager by their actions in the transfer market - obviously we're not a normal club and intentionally scupper transfer incomings. 

• Like 4

Being useless giving press comments is a problem for selling match day tickets.

What I miss was JDT's ability to get the ball passed quicker after half time.

Get the impression Eustace is too busy telling them how brilliant they are to get them to wind it up.

Brittain in particular looks a player who constantly needs shaking out of his comfort zone.

JDT got some excellent performances out of him. Eustace hasn't as yet.

overall we are too one paced and predictable under Eustace which is why ok performances are not being turned into wins.

• Like 4

I've seen some very poor managers since I started supporting Rovers some 60+ years ago. 

Sadly, you never forget them for all the wrong reasons.  Iley, Kidd, Ince, Kean, Black, Berg, Appleton and Coyle readily spring to mind (5 of those 8 under ownership of the Raos in the last 14 years!).

IMO, Eusless is right up with the worse of them - 10 matches without a win is a damning indictment and there can be NO EXCUSES from a manager who in his own words, or words to that effect, took over an 'amazing squad' who he 'couldn't be more proud of'.

His 'rise to fame' is on the back of making Kidderminster 'the Barcelona of non league' and a moderately successful short spell at Brum where I think the owners quickly realised they had a manager with limitations who wasn't going to deliver their aspirations and ambitions.

I think Rovers have appointed a dud who I think is an unlikeable, charmless, smarmy bullsh1tter; only Kean of previous Rovers' managers evoked such feelings in me and I think that tells me all i need to know about Eusless.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 4