BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

John Eustace - our head coach

11 hours ago, M_B said:

Thing is not one person on here wouldn't agree that we're" light" in every department, never mind midfield. Are we all making excuses or are they factors rather than excuses. 

Maybe cut him a bit of slack rather than jumping on every comment he makes. Tomasson  made the same comment numerous times, maybe look back at the responses? 

I wish he’d tell them how good they are, even if they aren’t. Saying things like the quote above just gives them an excuse not to perform. 

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

Brum fans not happy tonight..

Not having a go in must win home game, don't lose instead of try and win mentality backfiring, players have downed tools in managers absence they can't be arsed, wish we still had Eustace at least they tried for him !

Strange division this full of strange players.

As far as I am concerned they can have him.  Seen nothing to get my hopes up yet with the exception of the Cup game against Newcastle.  That I think was more to doneith the players themselves upping their effort.  Eustace gets some credit, if he could have us playing that well I'd say he's a good un.  Post or several back I mentioned that, after the geordie game, Waggott would not be liking the stellar performance, that he did not bring JE for anything other than mediocrity.  They seem to have had a sit down and JE is now on board.  All tongue in cheek before is get slaughtered by Chaddy.

3 hours ago, tomphil said:

Brum fans not happy tonight..

Not having a go in must win home game, don't lose instead of try and win mentality backfiring, players have downed tools in managers absence they can't be arsed, wish we still had Eustace at least they tried for him !

Strange division this full of strange players.

I know, one division from the bright lights.and one division from relative obscurity.  

I must say and I do not blame Eustace for this at all.  Of all the teams I have seen in this league this season we look divison 3 material more than anyone I have watched.  We don't even look threatening upfront and Inthought we had done away with short corners, laye on needing a winner we go short again.  No gonads, any of em except that fella that got sent off.

• Like 1

Positive: first game for Eustace with a manageable list of absences and we looked a much more controlled and footballing outfit.

Looks like a pragmatic mix of JDT ball combined with a willingness to find Row Z if needed.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Some negative after almost 10 games

Doesn’t sound great, does it, but our heads are still above water, and at least we appear to have the stomach for a fight.

To be honest, a few weeks ago I thought we’d had it.

Now, I’m ever so slightly more hopeful.

• Like 3

He's tightened up the defence which is the key to staying up but the goals have dried up.

You'd have to think Ipswich will score a couple at least after today's result so that leaves us needing 2 goals for a draw and 3 to win!

We could be panicking again after Good Friday!

3 hours ago, philipl said:

Positive: first game for Eustace with a manageable list of absences and we looked a much more controlled and footballing outfit.

Looks like a pragmatic mix of JDT ball combined with a willingness to find Row Z if needed.

They still don't clear the ball capably or intelligently. In our own half/box they think it's acceptable to kick it lamely to the opposition who can then attack us again with all the opposition forwards still in good positions.

7 hours ago, 47er said:

He's tightened up the defence which is the key to staying up but the goals have dried up.

You'd have to think Ipswich will score a couple at least after today's result so that leaves us needing 2 goals for a draw and 3 to win!

We could be panicking again after Good Friday!

Or we might not. Let's just wait and see.

I like the way he has dropped Moran after the way he cost us 3 points at Swansea.

A bit of ruthlessness.

Jury very much out but JDT is a very hard act to follow and for me JE is doing ok in the circumstances .

The fanbase is massively demoralised so the players would equally be feeling down after the January farce.

12 hours ago, philipl said:

I agree with you. 

2 more weeks of training with most players at training should improve us again for the final run in

29 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I agree with you. 

2 more weeks of training with most players at training should improve us again for the final run in

12 hours ago, philipl said:

He's yet to win a match though against much worse opponents? Will it prove costly.

Think Rovers will be saved by the ineptitude of other teams rather than no win in 9 or 10 (lost count now) Eusless.

My relegated 3 - Rotherham (now gone), Huddersfield (strange managerial appointment, Breiten... seems lost and little impact) and Brum (now in freefall with Venus clueless).

Think next season we will go down - next few months going to be torrid with, IMO, the club riddled with uncertainty, poor managers from top to bottom and too many 'snout in the troughers'.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

With a bit of luck we should have some more players back then too.

Carter and JRC will be back

2 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

He's yet to win a match though against much worse opponents? Will it prove costly.

Didnt we beat Stoke when Eustace was on the touchline second half and had meetijgs with Johnson on the Friday night before the Stoke Game? 

He has made us harder to beat and we look much better defensively. Slow building blocks

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Didnt we beat Stoke when Eustace was on the touchline second half and had meetijgs with Johnson on the Friday night before the Stoke Game? 

He has made us harder to beat and we look much better defensively. Slow building blocks

I wouldn’t be putting Carter straight back in after such a long absence. I’d stick with the two lads that are playing there at the moment. On the other hand Eustace may go to three at the back with MacFad played to keep Moore quiet. Who’d be a manager ?

35 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Eustace does not get the Stoke win, that is the official club position, wake up

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I wouldn’t be putting Carter straight back in after such a long absence. I’d stick with the two lads that are playing there at the moment. On the other hand Eustace may go to three at the back with MacFad played to keep Moore quiet. Who’d be a manager ?

I would put Carter straight back in. Same as JRC. I wouldn't go to back 3. Don't think its suits us to be honest overall. 

2 hours ago, CambridgeRover said:

If that's your opinion fine but Eustace was on the touchline and involved in subs and given players instructions on the field. That did happened. Since JDT left it's been 9 points(1 win, 6 draws and 2 lost) from 9 games. We had scored 9 goals and conceded 9 goals

whilst in the previous 9 games under JDT its was 6 points, (1 win, 3 draws and 5 lost). We had scored 10 goals and conceded 21 goals. 

3 hours ago, CambridgeRover said:

3 hours ago, CambridgeRover said:

The team  gained three points from the Stoke game. That is all that matters

Edited by rigger
  • Like 3