BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

John Eustace - our head coach

53 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Just pointing out the facts are. You are correct that twice we have take the lead and only draw. So I will hold my hands up again and I was wrong here. More than happy to admit that here. 

I guessed I am just annoyed with some people comparing him to Kean or Coyle, or my comments rightly him so quickly instead of just giving time and actually getting on the training pitch to put his ideas over the players. 

I rated Eustace and he did impressive job at Birmingham. I think JDT did a good overall job here and last season was our best season since relegation from the PL

He's got a worse win rate than both Coyle and Kean.

1 hour ago, M_B said:

Tomasson has forgotten about Blackburn Rovers already, he didn't give us a second thought. 

He’s spent a fair bit of time at Brockhall since he left the job for someone who isn’t giving us a second thought.

Very bizarre situation.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

What's he been doing at Brockhall do we know? Same with Remy too? All a bit odd?

He still lives in Whalley and intends to do so for the foreseeable future. He will go out to Sweden as and when required and will watch the Swedish players dotted around Europe when he needs to. As someone said his son is an Academy player and I've been told he is waiting to find out if he has earned a scholarship. I'm not totally sure but he might have another son at school nearby.

• Like 7

On 02/03/2024 at 20:02, J*B said:

I wouldn’t say this on Twitter because I’d be jumped on by our more positive fans, but consider me extremely unconvinced about Eustace as a manager and concerned about the amount of points we are getting. 

Consider me an official non believer. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

He’s spent a fair bit of time at Brockhall since he left the job for someone who isn’t giving us a second thought.

Very bizarre situation.

He's already uprooted his family once in the last 12 months, I would imagine with his new role being an international manager with less day to day training ground work and them now settled in schools and playing football he’s not in a huge rush to pack all the bags again — which is exactly why he left the club in the first place.

If I was him I would knock around until the end of the year simply to watch this club completely fold into a standard-less shell of its former self, just to bump into Waggott and Pasha and say “I told you so”.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, J*B said:

He's already uprooted his family once in the last 12 months, I would imagine with his new role being an international manager with less day to day training ground work and them now settled in schools and playing football he’s not in a huge rush to pack all the bags again — which is exactly why he left the club in the first place.

If I was him I would knock around until the end of the year simply to watch this club completely fold into a standard-less shell of its former self, just to bump into Waggott and Pasha and say “I told you so”.

I'm rather hoping he doesn't get the chance. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J*B said:

I think that’s exactly what he intends to do, which is why I find it so bizarre that the club appear happy for him to be spending time at the training ground, particularly if the stories of player fallouts are true.

4 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

He's got a worse win rate than both Coyle and Kean.

A couple of more games and he'll have a worse record than Berg and Appleton. 

No win at Boro and we should be seriously considering giving it to Damian Johnson, similar to what we did when Gary Bowyer took over. Gets on well with the players and is popular enough with the fans to bring everyone together for the final push. 

This anti-football is only making the fans turn quicker, and as much as he's pretending otherwise it doesn't look like the players are exactly into it.

1 minute ago, RTM08 said:

A couple of more games and he'll have a worse record than Berg and Appleton. 

No win at Boro and we should be seriously considering giving it to Damian Johnson, similar to what we did when Gary Bowyer took over. Gets on well with the players and is popular enough with the fans to bring everyone together for the final push. 

This anti-football is only making the fans turn quicker, and as much as he's pretending otherwise it doesn't look like the players are exactly into it.

it`s not even basic (anti football,as the modern fan calls it),i could understand if he did play like that,im`e not sure what eustace plan is,i don`t think he knows either,what i do know is he`s tactically clueless when things are going badly,yesterdays game a prime example,far to high a line and he could`nt see what was happening

No way he is getting sacked before end of the season even if he doesn't win one of his games.

He has a 2.5 year contract Waggot is not contacting his bosses to say he has paid someone 2.5 years wages for 8 weeks work. They wouldn't even say JDT they waited for him to get another job so they could agree mutual termination.

We are stuck with the guy for better or worse I suspect even if we are relegated and next seasoned goes badly he would be there till after Christmas.

• Like 4

If we go down, which is looking more likely each week. I would like the club to give the job to Damian Johnson, and just leave him be with it. Been here long enough, knows the players from top to bottom. Id happily let him learn his trade at first team level with us, if we have no money to use. Would feel more encouraged by him to carry a broken skint ship than John eustace. 

If John keeps us up now (I dont think he will, but obviously hope he does), then lets see what he can do in the summer and next season. But if we go down, id rather go with Damian Johnson. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tom said:

I really want to be proven wrong but I can’t take to this guy one bit.

Seems an absolute yes man and for someone who said it’s a no excuse culture sure does like an excuse or two

You are one of the more reasonable posters on here, so I guess it's about time this was challenged

What has John Eustace done or said that has made you think he is a "yes man"? And what exactly do you mean by it?

Edited by Dreams of 1995
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

You are one of the more reasonable posters on here, so I guess it's about time this was challenged

What has John Eustace done or said that has made you think he is a "yes man"? And what exactly do you mean by it?

Can I offer an answer as Im getting the same vibes as many..

I dont think he will challenge those above him like JDT did,he will toe the party line whatever happens = "a yes man".

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

5 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Imo all the JDT out people must feel slightly silly.

Eustace is one of the worst appointments we've made.

I wasnt a JDT out person but I have to say I don't think the majority of people are giving Eustace any sort of chance.

Is this mainly down to the fact (unlike JDT) that his comments would tend to indicate he won't be rocking the boat or giving Waggott a hard time at any point?

Do I think Eustace is the man to take us forward in the long term? Not sure on the basis of what we've seen so far. However I am pretty certain that JDT would have taken us down had he stayed and if Eustace keeps us up, by whatever means, he'll have done his job for this season.

• Like 2

Does it matter if folk on here don’t ’give him a chance’? If that’s their opinion, that’s their opinion.

He’s had a comfortable ride from the actual crowd thus far, which is fair enough.

6 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

I dont think he will challenge those above him like JDT did,he will toe the party line whatever happens = "a yes man".

Not a lot of managers come out and slag off those above them. If any, really

Most of the time, managers - head coaches or whatever - will come out in public and feed a PR line because they know that gives them a better opportunity for future jobs. Eustace is no different

Wanting somebody to come in and immediately start slagging off the board is a bit of an odd desire for me. Even if they may deserve it

The goal at the moment is to stay in the league. If he just comes in and begins to throw his weight around then it helps nobody

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Imo all the JDT out people must feel slightly silly.

Eustace is one of the worst appointments we've made.

They are two separate things, JDT had to go due to results and the breakdown of his relationship with the club. We would be worse off if he was still here.

Eustace is looking poor at the moment but its early days and with the club in a total mess I am willing to give him more time. They could have gone for an Alex Neil or someone with more pedigree but guessing that doesn't fit the DoF/Head Coach model they have stupidly put in.