BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

John Eustace - our head coach

26 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Not a lot of managers come out and slag off those above them. If any, really

We are in a very unique and frustrating position as a Club...the folk running us from Pune Towers dont know their Arse from their Elbow. I dont want a Manager waxing lyrical when all around is turning to shyte,I dont appreciate being told its White when its clearly Black.

"Its not a must win game"....same again for Boro?

Turning a blind Eye to all wrong for the sake of large remuneration? no doubt it happens a lot but its not right.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

We are in a very unique and frustrating position as a Club...the folk running us from Pune Towers dont know their Arse from their Elbow. I dont want a Manager waxing lyrical when all around is turning to shyte,I dont appreciate being told its white when its clearly Black.

Turning a blind Eye to all wrong for the sake of large remuneration? no doubt it happens a lot but its not right.

It can become somewhat insulting at times, to be told something in an interview, that you know full well is simply not correct.

After watching Rovers and football in general for 52 years, I know what is and what isn't a good performance and to be told anything other than the Newcastle games, were good performances, is either a lie or blatant exaggeration. 

• Like 6

Maybe its unfair but Eustace is really annoying me. Its probably due to the state of the club and the fact that he is full of excuses and havent done a single thing in the dugout worth getting excited about it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Imo all the JDT out people must feel slightly silly.

Eustace is one of the worst appointments we've made.

Tomasson was really struggling for results prior to his departure too, Eustace also struggling doesn't make anyone silly if they questioned a man on a run of 2 points from 8 games.

Although I think the vast, vast majority certainly on here could see that he wasn't the problem anyway. The owners are.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

You are one of the more reasonable posters on here, so I guess it's about time this was challenged

What has John Eustace done or said that has made you think he is a "yes man"? And what exactly do you mean by it?

I see ‘where you are coming from’ to use an awful phrase. He has to try and keep up morale and so on. However, the interview comments after the Plymouth game were wishy washy drivel that any PR guru would have been proud of. He didn’t have to say ‘it was crap and we were totally outplayed for 80 minutes’ but he could have been more realistic and injected a note of urgency rather than bland clichés, as well as take the bland smile off his face.

You could argue that as he is SWAG’s appointment, he is, de facto useless. But at the moment, I would side with those that say it is a little early to tell, despite signs not being good.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

We are in a very unique and frustrating position as a Club...the folk running us from Pune Towers dont know their Arse from their Elbow. I dont want a Manager waxing lyrical when all around is turning to shyte,I dont appreciate being told its White when its clearly Black.

I stand to be corrected - but I don't recollect JDT calling the owners or CEO in his first few weeks. All I remember is him going on about "the project". Regarding calling out the players - confidence is absolutely key in our position, especially with so little room to maneuver in the squad.

• Like 1

Let's not forget the platform Eustace has set himself to fail on.

• No excuses culture - all I see is his excuses.
  • Kept going on about how good the squad is - hasn't got a win yet.
  • Lack of high performing mindset - keeps saying games aren't must win, and after games saying we played well.

All things I'm just not a fan of and why I think he needs to go already.

• Like 6

14 hours ago, aletheia said:

I see ‘where you are coming from’ to use an awful phrase. He has to try and keep up morale and so on. However, the interview comments after the Plymouth game were wishy washy drivel that any PR guru would have been proud of. He didn’t have to say ‘it was crap and we were totally outplayed for 80 minutes’ but he could have been more realistic and injected a note of urgency rather than bland clichés, as well as take the bland smile off his face.

You could argue that as he is SWAG’s appointment, he is, de facto useless. But at the moment, I would side with those that say it is a little early to tell, despite signs not being good.

He isn’t helped by seemingly being unable to “read the room”. Anyone coming in after JDT needed to somewhat honest in appraisals of games when speaking to the public.

Feels more like the words are to keep the players happy and onboard - can imagine donuts and table tennis are back in vogue. That is the impression I get and it grates

• Like 2

By the sounds of his latest comments hes shrugged his shoulders and is expecting it to go to the wire.

If it does we'l fail.

Surely though just one other win since Stoke and we might not have to go down to the wire. When a new guy comes in to turn it around i'd have thought 'must win' from the word go was the mentality needed.

Now he's preaching grim acceptance.

This club doesn't prioritise results, surely the only pro outfit at any level to preach such a non-competitive mantra - and it shows.

Think of Bowyer, think of Mowbray, now this guy. It's all an 'ah well' shrug of the shoulders and on to the next one. 

A development Academy that happens to have one of it's sides playing in a senior league.

• Like 6

"We haven't got a consistent team that are Championship hardened and play week in, week out, especially in midfield, we are very light.

"We're asking players to play against good players and compete for 90 minutes. I thought his quality showed at times. Also, he looked a bit leggy at times which was understandable."

From LT today

Sounds like JE is making excuses! 

What happened to his normal excuse culture 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

"We haven't got a consistent team that are Championship hardened and play week in, week out, especially in midfield, we are very light.

"We're asking players to play against good players and compete for 90 minutes. I thought his quality showed at times. Also, he looked a bit leggy at times which was understandable."

From LT today

He really needs professional help with PR. With SWAG as his mentor he's primed to fail.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

From LT today

Thing is not one person on here wouldn't agree that we're" light" in every department, never mind midfield. Are we all making excuses or are they factors rather than excuses. 

Maybe cut him a bit of slack rather than jumping on every comment he makes. Tomasson  made the same comment numerous times, maybe look back at the responses? 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, M_B said:

Thing is not one person on here wouldn't agree that we're" light" in every department, never mind midfield. Are we all making excuses or are they factors rather than excuses. 

Maybe cut him a bit of slack rather than jumping on every comment he makes. Tomasson  made the same comment numerous times, maybe look back at the responses? 

JDT never gave us BS about staying positive and no excuse culture. 

• Like 6

23 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Technically Eustace was right when he said Plymouth wasn't a "must win" game. We didn't win it yet the last time I looked we hadn't been relegated (yet)

That said we all knew how vital it was to get a win. I don't however read too much into him saying what he did other than it being a fairly transparent attempt to take some pressure off the players, who tbh have shown themselves to be a right load of whinging prima donnas over the last nineteen games  and during that meeting with certain fans and Waggott. Eustace's only job at the moment is to keep us up.  If he's decided that the only way to get some sort of tune out of them until the end of the season is to blow smoke up their arses and tell them how wonderful they are, then again I have no particular problem with it. (If it works)

Where the problem will lie, if he is indeed what you could describe as "a yes man", is next season and beyond when the Club will need someone in place of JDT with similar drive and ambition who is actually  interested in results on the pitch to push Waggott Broughton and the owners into being as successful as we can be.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

This club doesn't prioritise results, surely the only pro outfit at any level to preach such a non-competitive mantra - and it shows.

Think of Bowyer, think of Mowbray, now this guy. It's all an 'ah well' shrug of the shoulders and on to the next one. 

A development Academy that happens to have one of it's sides playing in a senior league.

Sell Sammie in Summer and that'll be 30 mill plus of players either through academy or bought and developed so they'll be jumping over themselves to say their model worked.

Bonuses in certain pockets and carry on.

I am waiting until after the international break to see what Eustace does with our full first team squad back available after injuries. 

Last season and the start of this season they were substantially competitive with the top clubs in the League. Let's see if Eustace can replicate that form in the league in the way he raised them against Newcastle in the Cup.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, philipl said:

I am waiting until after the international break to see what Eustace does with our full first team squad back available after injuries. 

Last season and the start of this season they were substantially competitive with the top clubs in the League. Let's see if Eustace can replicate that form in the league in the way he raised them against Newcastle in the Cup.

After what weve seen so far I wouldnt hold your breath

The performance v plymouth ranks as one of the worst in years

• Like 2

2 hours ago, philipl said:

coming up against the better sides in the division,i would`nt get my hopes up for many victories or for eustace to work out a system that gets us a result,he seems confused in how he wants to play imo

The performance against Plymouth was poor but how much was it because we were set up badly or because Plymouth were outstanding on the day?

But we do have to give some credit to the players (and manager) that we didn’t lose. Whether we would have won the game had we finished with 11 players, who knows? 

Edited by Uddersfelt Blue
  • Like 1

In a home game against a Plymouth side with 4 points from 6 games, you cant just write it off as them being outstanding, it doesnt wash. If we cant beat them at home and are clinging on against wave after wave of attack, then we need to look at ourselves.

The managers tactics (not only starting with 5 defenders, one being 37, but wanting them to play a high line and not changing it at the very least at half time when it clearly wasnt wotking) led to the red card so he doesnt deserve credit for clinging on when we lost a player to that.

• Like 2