BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

John Eustace - our head coach

1 hour ago, rigger said:

The team  gained three points from the Stoke game. That is all that matters

I've been thinking of it as pre and post Tomasson, no argument there. 

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Since JDT left it's been 9 points(1 win, 6 draws and 2 lost) from 9 games. We had scored 9 goals and conceded 9 goals

whilst in the previous 9 games under JDT its was 6 points, (1 win, 3 draws and 5 lost). We had scored 10 goals and conceded 21 goals. 

In fairness, if we're comparing, JE's games have been far easier - and some we should have been winning (teams around/below us).

He's now got plenty of time on the training ground before the next game, against a team full of confidence.
The next few games will give us an idea of whether JE is up to it or not...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Andy said:

In fairness, if we're comparing, JE's games have been far easier - and some we should have been winning (teams around/below us).

He's now got plenty of time on the training ground before the next game, against a team full of confidence.

To be fair though, he took over a team which was in certain relegation form,which has to be a factor. 

• Like 3

I certainly wouldn’t have expected JDT to have won many of these ‘easier games’, we all know that the wheels had come off for him.

However, the ‘new manager bounce’ is also often a factor too. Especially in such an evenly matched league and a fair few winnable games to go at. End of the day he’s won zero of them.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, M_B said:

To be fair though, he took over a team which was in certain relegation form,which has to be a factor. 

We were going down under JDT unfortunately. He’d lost the plot and the players looked lost as well. The Chicken Chokers refusing to release the manager in the Summer doomed our season. A unheard of, inexplicable decision. What other club behaves like that. The guy says he wants to go - you let him go. The train was always going to come off the rails at some point after that.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

We were going down under JDT unfortunately. He’d lost the plot and the players looked lost as well. The Chicken Chokers refusing to release the manager in the Summer doomed our season. A unheard of, inexplicable decision. What other club behaves like that. The guy says he wants to go - you let him go. The train was always going to come off the rails at some point after that.

jdt definately put the white flag up,some of the early season displays where all out attacking and **** the team shape,another good manager who venkys have driven out,replaced by a younger mowbray type who spouts the same **** as him

The losing streak under JDT only really started once the injuries started to pile up and he had been given a way out via Sweden.

After a few losses confidence was clearly low then in January the club loaned out the captain and sold the best player for a pittance and replaced them both with ..................

Nothing really against Eustace to be honest, I'm just not going to put up with him coming in and having a dig at the previous man in charge and then instilling a total loser mentality around the place.

JDT was a winner, this Mon ain't.

Edited by Upside Down
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, aletheia said:

JE
6 points in 8 games
Would equate to circa 35 points in 46 league games
= relegation

6 points in our final 8 games would likely leave us safe on 48 points.

The points needed to be safe in the previous 5 seasons were 41, 49, 44, 38 and 45.

The problem is where are the points coming from.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

6 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

The points needed to be safe in the previous 5 seasons were 41, 49, 44, 38 and 45.

sheff wed and possibly bristol city,otherwise i can`t see us getting any,maybe leicester will already have been promoted and won`t be bothered or coventry tired  after their fa cup exploits,what could ultimately save us will  be the teams below being even worse than us,be a hollow victory if we do survive,we are certain to go down next season with the flotsam and jetsom running the club

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

sheff wed and possibly bristol city,otherwise i can`t see us getting any,maybe leicester will already have been promoted and won`t be bothered or coventry tired  after their fa cup exploits,what could ultimately save us will  be the teams below being even worse than us,be a hollow victory if we do survive,we are certain to go down next season with the flotsam and jetsom running the club

Yes, relegation will come soon enough under these charlatans.

23 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Those seasons sometimes included teams with points deductions.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Don't think we will go down and wouldn't have anyway. Just got a manager to future proof failure.

2 hours ago, Andy said:

No games at this level are easier games. 

Rovers are much better defensive whilst our attacking intent we had under JDT isn't there but given that Eustace has barely had 1 training session a week with the players until last week. 

JDT had 2 games against Huddersfield, 2 home games to Rotherham and QPR which we only got 2 points from them. 

• Like 1

The players had downed tools under JDT as results show, albeit he was operating without Hedges, Hyam, Dolan, Gallagher and Pears. Leo alone cost him several points. The body language in that QPR game from the players and the bench was appalling and Britain’s comments after JDT had left had told us that his departure was inevitable.

However under Eustace the players  seem to have been slow ‘picking back up’ the tools. To me his job this season is to stop up, and I believe with the players available and points we have on the board that should have been fairly easily achievable. If we do stop up then next season I will then start to judge him albeit with the off field situation giving him plenty of slack. However if we go down this season it will be an absolute failure on his part.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

I certainly wouldn’t have expected JDT to have won many of these ‘easier games’, we all know that the wheels had come off for him.

However, the ‘new manager bounce’ is also often a factor too. Especially in such an evenly matched league and a fair few winnable games to go at. End of the day he’s won zero of them.

We got the new manager grind instead of bounce.

To be fair though if he was as clueless as some say we'd have been losing still but without laying a glove on the opposition, plenty examples of new manager flop around this league.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 7

On 17/03/2024 at 20:25, Hasta said:

The players had downed tools under JDT as results show, albeit he was operating without Hedges, Hyam, Dolan, Gallagher and Pears. Leo alone cost him several points. The body language in that QPR game from the players and the bench was appalling and Britain’s comments after JDT had left had told us that his departure was inevitable.

However under Eustace the players  seem to have been slow ‘picking back up’ the tools. To me his job this season is to stop up, and I believe with the players available and points we have on the board that should have been fairly easily achievable. If we do stop up then next season I will then start to judge him albeit with the off field situation giving him plenty of slack. However if we go down this season it will be an absolute failure on his part.

I think that's the best summary I've seen.

I'm pretty convinced that if JDT had stayed we'd have gone down, as much as I liked him.

If Eustace keeps us up this season that's job done for that period as far as I'm concerned.

I do however have reservations about his ability to take us forward over the course of a full season next year based on what we've seen so far.

• Like 2

On 17/03/2024 at 18:21, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Everything always has, and always will, come back to the fact that Venkys are complete and utter cunts. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I think that's the best summary I've seen.

I'm pretty convinced that if JDT had stayed we'd have gone down, as much as I liked him.

If Eustace keeps us up this season that's job done for that period as far as I'm concerned.

I do however have reservations about his ability to take us forward over the course of a full season next year based on what we've seen so far.

im`e not keen on eustace,but in the grand scheme of things,it really does`nt matter who our manager is ,the club is set up to fail,we could have pep in charge and venkys would do everything to undermine him,coupled with useless cretins,i,e swag,pasha and broughton,we can`t expect anything but abject failure in the long term

i really struggle to understand anyone who thinks venkys are anything but a blight,some of our fans must have an i.q bordering on mental defective

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

im`e not keen on eustace,but in the grand scheme of things,it really does`nt matter who our manager is ,the club is set up to fail,we could have pep in charge and venkys would do everything to undermine him,coupled with useless cretins,i,e swag,pasha and broughton,we can`t expect anything but abject failure in the long term

i really struggle to understand anyone who thinks venkys are anything but a blight,some of our fans must have an i.q bordering on mental defective

Bordering?

On 17/03/2024 at 19:44, chaddyrovers said:

No games at this level are easier games. 

Rovers are much better defensive whilst our attacking intent we had under JDT isn't there but given that Eustace has barely had 1 training session a week with the players until last week. 

JDT had 2 games against Huddersfield, 2 home games to Rotherham and QPR which we only got 2 points from them. 

Would you rather face Leeds or Huddersfield?

• Like 1

Did Eustace suffer a serious injury during his playing career.

He's in his 40s, but walks like he's 80 - it's painful to watch him hobble around. 

The context being I've just watched that behind the scenes video on Twitter from the training ground. 

JDT's style was meant for a reasonable standard squad. We didn't have one this season, thanks to the owners.

He persisted anyway and we are where we are.

Another opportunity thrown away I think.

Edited by 47er
  • Like 4