BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

John Eustace - our head coach

6 hours ago, philipl said:

Being useless giving press comments is a problem for selling match day tickets.

What I miss was JDT's ability to get the ball passed quicker after half time.

Get the impression Eustace is too busy telling them how brilliant they are to get them to wind it up.

Brittain in particular looks a player who constantly needs shaking out of his comfort zone.

JDT got some excellent performances out of him. Eustace hasn't as yet.

overall we are too one paced and predictable under Eustace which is why ok performances are not being turned into wins.

And more importantly; JDT got the absolute best out of Szmodics and Eustace hasn't. He gets in a lot fewer goalscoring oppurtunities now than earlier in the season and that's because we're less open. Been scoring against all odds recently. I would instruct Hedges, Dolan etc. to look for our only outlet as their decision-making (especially Dolan's) is questionable at times.

It’s highly likely that we will lose again tomorrow and again on Saturday. I’m going to predict we won’t score in any of there either.

I won’t quite put him in the same bracket as king rat, but he is reminding me a lot of Appleton.

If we do lose the next two, it should be thank you and good night, but I can’t see that happening.

A terrible appointment in my view and one we will regret. 

He's another Appleton. An inexperienced manager who is manging the biggest club that he will manage in his career and is miles out of his depth in the situation that he finds himself in. 

At least when Appleton was here the owners retained a modicum of interest and got rid before it was too late, I think we are going to be stuck with Eustace come what may.

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

His 'rise to fame' is on the back of making Kidderminster 'the Barcelona of non league' and a moderately successful short spell at Brum where I think the owners quickly realised they had a manager with limitations who wasn't going to deliver their aspirations and ambitions.

He's made us look more like the Kidderminster of the Championship

• Like 4

1 hour ago, lraC said:

It’s highly likely that we will lose again tomorrow and again on Saturday. I’m going to predict we won’t score in any of there either.

I won’t quite put him in the same bracket as king rat, but he is reminding me a lot of Appleton.

If we do lose the next two, it should be thank you and good night, but I can’t see that happening.

A terrible appointment in my view and one we will regret. 

I'm getting more coyle vibes

First and foremost,Eustace had to stop the goals against and make Rovers harder to beat. 

3 defeats in 11 since Tomasson left suggests it's working, those 3 defeats by a single goal. It's easy to forget that we were getting spanked for weeks on end, teams are now having to actually work to beat us. 

Yes, he badly needs a win, but at least we're not beaten before we even go out, which is what was happening. 

What is it every manager is tasked with when they walk into a team shipping loads of goals? Tighten up at the back and make us hard to beat. 

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, M_B said:

First and foremost,Eustace had to stop the goals against and make Rovers harder to beat. 

3 defeats in 11 since Tomasson left suggests it's working, those 3 defeats by a single goal. It's easy to forget that we were getting spanked for weeks on end, teams are now having to actually work to beat us. 

It's not working we are closer to relegation now than when he came in.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

It's not working we are closer to relegation now than when he came in.

I'm just looking at the goals against, last 10 league games we've let 10 in. 

Previous 10 under Tomasson we let 24 in. We were going down,hopefully the damage isn't irreparable. 

Edited by M_B
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

3 defeats in 9 is not a sign of much progress if you havent won a single game. 2 points every 3 games is relegation form and would average out at 30 or 31 over a season.

Not if three teams do even worse.

• Like 1

Without Wharton pulling the strings we have nobody to create any chances.

Without his through balls you need players bursting down the wings, taking on a man, having a shot from range, powering onto  crosses and smashing it in.

We have no players who can do that. It’s a team of hard working lads who want to pass it 5 yards to the next one.

The recruitment has been total shite for far too long and losing Wharton without replacing him is the final nail in the championship coffin.

3 minutes ago, roverblue said:

Without his through balls you need players bursting down the wings, taking on a man, having a shot from range, powering onto  crosses and smashing it in.

We have no players who can do that.

JRC is the only one. No surprise he popped up and put the ball in the back of the net Friday. It’s just keeping him fit.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, roverblue said:

Without Wharton pulling the strings we have nobody to create any chances.

We have no players who can do that. It’s a team of hard working lads who want to pass it 5 yards to the next one.

The recruitment has been total shite for far too long and losing Wharton without replacing him is the final nail in the championship coffin.

Yeah, I look at our players and I think how many have the “ X “ factor. The ability to do something I could never do as a player. I could run around a lot, put the odd tackle in, pass it 10 or 15 yards. Dack and Wharton could do things way beyond my ability level.

3 hours ago, M_B said:

Yes, he badly needs a win, but at least we're not beaten before we even go out, which is what was happening. 

What is it every manager is tasked with when they walk into a team shipping loads of goals? Tighten up at the back and make us hard to beat. 

Of course, JDT then had a depleted squad and one that supposedly didn’t want to work for him/found it too hard under him.

Eustace has a better squad (obviously all relative) and supposedly one that is happier and is raring to go.

Result –dropped down the league table.

• Like 1

With seven tricky matches to come, Eustace revealed he'd not even looked at the 3pm scores before kick-off against Ipswich Town. His sole focus is on ensuring Rovers control their own destiny by picking up enough points to stay in the Championship

Again I'm glad he's not letting any other teams distract him. Can't imagine how dire it would be if the poor chap had his focus elsewhere. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, aletheia said:

Of course, JDT then had a depleted squad and one that supposedly didn’t want to work for him/found it too hard under him.

Eustace has a better squad (obviously all relative) and supposedly one that is happier and is raring to go.

Result –dropped down the league table.

You don't have to keep defending Tomasson, he's gone and what's left behind is left behind, he's boss of Sweden now.

We were shipping goals for fun and it needed addressing, we need Eustace to somehow, anyhow keep us up. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

With seven tricky matches to come, Eustace revealed he'd not even looked at the 3pm scores before kick-off against Ipswich Town. His sole focus is on ensuring Rovers control their own destiny by picking up enough points to stay in the Championship

Again I'm glad he's not letting any other teams distract him. Can't imagine how dire it would be if the poor chap had his focus elsewhere. 

That either a lie or negligent. What next, “I don’t look at the table”. 

• Like 1

Just now, lraC said:

That either a lie or negligent. What next, “I don’t look at the table”. 

I genuinely don't want to keep criticising him - as Rovers 'head coach', I want him to succeed as it means the club is succeeding.

But he's really not helped himself with some of the shite that's left his mouth so far.

• Like 1

The only consolation to potential relegation is that hopefully it will be the final straw and things will start to get really ugly. By that I mean the deluded folk who convince themselves that all is fine and well will realise the truth, that the financial implications are enough to break the status quo and hopefully rid us of these people one way or the other. That's the only hope I have, that there is a tipping point somewhere along the line and another relegation and £7-10 million down on the revenue might just hopefully cause a chain reaction upstairs. 

The way things are going there will be people celebrating clinging on to Championship status, as though this is some sort of major achievement for a side that has spent almost all the last 2.5 years occupying a top 6 position and probably still would be if it wasn't for the owners and their employees doing their best to dismantle the club. 

These are the important issues here. Which players are left and which manager acts as figurehead are unimportant when you've got the problems we have at the top of the club. It's like talking about what colour wallpaper you'd prefer in your living room when your roof has a gaping hole in it and the windows are smashed through. 

Whether it is Eustace, Johnson or another puppet appointed as the sacrificial lamb to oversee the next round of cost cuts and sales is of minor importance. We won't be coming back up next time around and if they continue on the course they've set in the last 3 years we will be in League One sooner rather than later. That is a fact and it is totally deserved and a direct result of their management and decision making. 

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i don`t particularly think eustace is any good but we should give him a chance to see what he can do next year.as it stands i doubt any manager could get us out of the trouble we are in,we`re going down,lets see what he can do in a lower division

Don’t be daft. Before the players downed tools on JDT he got 10 wins from 22 games with this squad. Admittedly he had Wharton but also had a lot of injuries and was forced to play Wahlstedt.

Eustace has come in to a run of very winnable games and has failed to win any. He had plenty of time to turn this around and still potentially does. On paper our defence is not the worst in the league, and we have the leagues top goal scorer. However Eustace approach has led to us scoring just 6 goals in 9 league games, against some of the lowest sides in the division.  He’s had plenty of time to turn this around and if we go down it’s because he has been a very poor manager.

• Like 8

JDT = 33 points out of 29 games = 1.14ppg = 52.44 ppg of 46 games

JE = 6 points out of 9 games = 0.66 ppg = 30.36 ppg out of 46 games

With a more favourable situation the present incumbent’s record is worse.

Think we will survive due to poorer teams than us.

But it won’t make a great deal of difference to SWAG or the owners. They have the narrative worked out either way (which will be peddled in local media and elsewhere).

We go down –it was JDTs fault for leaving us in a mess, we acted decisively, have a new manager, let’s kick on, get behind the team, let’s rebuild, we are fully committed …..

We stay up –we acted promptly despite a difficult situation, our new manager kept us up, let’s kick on, get behind the team, let’s rebuild, we are fully committed …..

• Like 2