BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

John Eustace - our head coach

1 hour ago, CambridgeRover said:

This moron had games against Plymouth, Millwall, Swansea and Birmingham. Teams also in a relegation fight and got two points across those four games

He is not up to it. No idea why we rushed to sign him so quick. Probably just to cover Waggott ass. 

Now the hard games are coming. Ispwich, Southampton and Leeds in the next six with three away games to sunderland, bristol city and middlesborough. How many points can he manage with this squad. My prediction is 3.

If you look at JDT last 11 games which including Huddersfield twice, Rotherham, Watford, QPR and Sheffield Wednesday we got 5 points from 33 including 1 win, 2 draws and 8 lost. 

Since he left we played 8 games collecting 8 points including 1 win, 5 draws and 2 lost. The teams we have played including Stoke, Plymouth, Birmingham, Millwall and Swansea. 

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

If you look at JDT last 11 games which including Huddersfield twice, Rotherham, Watford, QPR and Sheffield Wednesday we got 5 points from 33 including 1 win, 2 draws and 8 lost. 

Since he left we played 8 games collecting 8 points including 1 win, 5 draws and 2 lost. The teams we have played including Stoke, Plymouth, Birmingham, Millwall and Swansea. 

Yes but the manager we have isn't JDT it is JE. So we have 5 points from 7 games. Not going to argue that fact.   Is that good enough for the new manager, not for me it isnt

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Eustace yet to win a game

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Yes but the manager we have isn't JDT it is JE. So we have 5 points from 7 games. Not going to argue that fact.   Is that good enough for the new manager, not for me it isnt

No he isn't but he took a team that was lacking confidence he has stopped the losses, We have come from behind twice at home which we never did under JDT in the league. Also he has had very limited amount time on the training field to get his ideas over the players. The next 3 weeks we have one game game against Boro before Good Friday home game to Ipsiwch. I would expect lot of work on the training field to be done this week and during the international break

Brought in by Waggott as a ‘yes’ man and someone who would do as he is told, unlike JDT. Another journeyman manager harking back to the days of Appleton and Bowyer.

Underwhelming appointment. He is showing in both results and interviews he is out of his depth. Came in promising a flexible style….I am yet to see it. His interviews I cannot watch anymore - cliche after cliche. Hedgy, Pearsy, Siggy….. 

Further dumbing down after last season. Scary to think the optimism and opportunity squandered in the summer. 

He won’t last 12 months at Rovers. Simply not up to it and the continued narrative on his success at Birmingham is nonsense, they had played a handful of games.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Trinidad Rover said:

Brought in by Waggott as a ‘yes’ man and someone who would do as he is told, unlike JDT. Another journeyman manager harking back to the days of Appleton and Bowyer.

Underwhelming appointment. He is showing in both results and interviews he is out of his depth. Came in promising a flexible style….I am yet to see it. His interviews I cannot watch anymore - cliche after cliche. Hedgy, Pearsy, Siggy….. 

Further dumbing down after last season. Scary to think the optimism and opportunity squandered in the summer. 

He won’t last 12 months at Rovers. Simply not up to it and the continued narrative on his success at Birmingham is nonsense, they had played a handful of games.

And the constant ask of the players to ask for togetherness too. 

All of it winding me up no end.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

No he isn't but he took a team that was lacking confidence he has stopped the losses, We have come from behind twice at home which we never did under JDT in the league. Also he has had very limited amount time on the training field to get his ideas over the players. The next 3 weeks we have one game game against Boro before Good Friday home game to Ipsiwch. I would expect lot of work on the training field to be done this week and during the international break

Wow that didn't take long. You hardly ever said a word against Tomasson (and defended him to the hilt) and are now using the fact we have come from behind to draw twice at home as a stick to beat him with. And for the record we came from behind to draw against Luton last season.

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

All this bollocks about time on the training field as though he has some wonderful style of football that is difficult for players to adapt to. The football is about as basic as you can get, as I said the other day Eustace is a pound shop Tony Pulis. 

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Wow that didn't take long. You hardly ever said a word against Tomasson (and defended him to the hilt) and are now using the fact we have come from behind to draw twice at home as a stick to beat him with. And for the record we came from behind to draw against Luton last season.

You beat me to it, thought exactly the same when reading Chaddy’s post. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, G Somerset Rover said:

I think I’m very close to saying that I’ve seen enough of this bloke. If he thinks 2 points was enough from the past 2 fixtures then he’s in for a extreme reality check over the next few weeks.

I'm neither for or against Eustace (I hope he's a roaring success), but anyone would struggle to get results with this squad. The second A. Wharton was sold and not remotely replaced we were on a hiding to nothing. 

I suspect that was the last straw for JDT and why he bought out of his contract. 

• Like 6

20 hours ago, Wheelton Blue said:

The damage was done months ago.

Tomasson, Eustace, whoever.....it really doesn't matter who's in the seat. These players are so poor that I genuinely think whoever our manager is, no-one could get a tune out of them.

I'm resigned to the inevitable now. 

We lose matches from the bench.

Our first XI is ok (needs far more pace and size to be considered good), but our bench is always poor. Every week the opposition uses 5 subs - we only ever dare to make 3. 

Klopp would struggle to do anything with this squad. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Roverthechimp said:

Seems to be glossed over that Pears saved a penalty against Stoke when we were wilting…

Had he not done so I don't think we would have won that game the momentum would very much have been with Stoke .

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Wow that didn't take long. You hardly ever said a word against Tomasson (and defended him to the hilt) and are now using the fact we have come from behind to draw twice at home as a stick to beat him with.

I haven't used it as stick to beat JDT with but just pointing out exactly what has happened and What Eustace has done since coming in with very limited time on the training field. 

Still a fan of JDT but he couldn't get a draw or win if we fall behind apart the last 2 games. I think he would have get us promoted if backed in the summer but given what JDT has said publicly since his last game in charge here it was best to part ways cos I don't think his heart was in the job and he was fed up

45 minutes ago, arbitro said:

And for the record we came from behind to draw against Luton last season.

I hold my hands up and stand corrected on this

43 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

All this bollocks about time on the training field as though he has some wonderful style of football that is difficult for players to adapt to. The football is about as basic as you can get, as I said the other day Eustace is a pound shop Tony Pulis. 

I have posted my opinions Ewood Ace on this already. Nothing more to add 

Edited by chaddyrovers

57 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Not to mention Millwall away, when we came from behind and won.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I haven't used it as stick to beat JDT with but just pointing out exactly what has happened and What Eustace has done since coming in with very limited time on the training field 

I hold my hands up and stand corrected on this

I have posted my opinions Ewood Ace on this already. Nothing more to add 

Praising Eustace for something like that whilst criticising Tomasson for not doing it is beating him with a stick however you dress it up. I find it strange that you use such an example against somebody you clearly held in high esteem and effectively demeaning him to justify your praise of a manager who hasn't won a match yet. And throw into the mix we blew a two goal lead at Preston which balances out your praise of coming back to draw.

• Like 2

Its only been mentioned because Eustace has clung onto it as a badge of honour in press conferences a few times. Clutching at straws.

In 7 games we have only took the lead twice and obviously held on to neither.

Edited by roversfan99
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, M_B said:

Tomasson has forgotten about Blackburn Rovers already, he didn't give us a second thought. 

I could substitute the first word as Waggott and it wouldn’t look out of place. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Praising Eustace for something like that whilst criticising Tomasson for not doing it is beating him with a stick however you dress it up. I find it strange that you use such an example against somebody you clearly held in high esteem and effectively demeaning him to justify your praise of a manager who hasn't won a match yet. And throw into the mix we blew a two goal lead at Preston which balances out your praise of coming back to draw.

Just pointing out the facts are. You are correct that twice we have take the lead and only draw. So I will hold my hands up again and I was wrong here. More than happy to admit that here. 

I guessed I am just annoyed with some people comparing him to Kean or Coyle, or my comments rightly him so quickly instead of just giving time and actually getting on the training pitch to put his ideas over the players. 

I rated Eustace and he did impressive job at Birmingham. I think JDT did a good overall job here and last season was our best season since relegation from the PL

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Just pointing out the facts are. You are correct that twice we have take the lead and only draw. So I will hold my hands up again and I was wrong here. More than happy to admit that here. 

I guessed I am just annoyed with some people comparing him to Kean or Coyle, or my comments rightly him so quickly instead of just giving time and actually getting on the training pitch to put his ideas over the players. 

I rated Eustace and he did impressive job at Birmingham. I think JDT did a good overall job here and last season was our best season since relegation from the PL

have no idea why you rate eustace after yesterday ,watching simple long balls bamboozle our high defensive line,him do nothing about it then making the absurd claim the sending off changed the game after watching plymouth waste 5/6 clear cut opportunities before mcfadzeans red card,it`s clear he has`nt got a clue imo

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lraC said:

Not to mention Millwall away, when we came from behind and won.

That was a dead rubber by that point tbf.

When it actually mattered the team couldn't produce a win for love nor money.

He makes the point that they've not had much time on the training ground, which is a reasonable enough point.

Problem is, we also have no plan or actual tactic.
Yesterday, Plymouth either had a clear instruction that a simple ball over the top of our CBs would bring them success, or their tactic was changed early on to adapt.

What did we do? What is our plan during games?
I genuinely don't see it.

It's like 11 lads are selected and the rest is just whatever happens on the pitch.
This has been an observation since JE took over and it's genuinely concerning.

• Like 2