BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

John Eustace - our head coach

17 minutes ago, martonrover said:

As others have alluded to, the head coach (be it JDT or JE) can only work with the cards they have been dealt, which in my opinion have been pretty shitty.

The real fault lies one step up the food chain and upwards from there.

JDT got cut a bit of slack because he was the first person we've had who was prepared to highlight the incompetence above. Previously most managers just tow the line and thank the owners, and I fear that is where we back are.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

JDT got cut a bit of slack because he was the first person we've had who was prepared to highlight the incompetence above. Previously most managers just tow the line and thank the owners, and I fear that is where we back are.

I think that by talking about “ignoring outside noise” and “things we can’t control”, Eustace is basically saying “I’m not getting involved in the politics”.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, martonrover said:

I think that by talking about “ignoring outside noise” and “things we can’t control”, Eustace is basically saying “I’m not getting involved in the politics”.

Give it a couple of transfer windows.

• Like 1

Next season is going to be a really really tough sell.

Not sure how many more blind alleys i can be bothered with as even when things went well for a short spell there was clearly no intention of promotion.

• Like 6

• Backroom
20 hours ago, DeeCee said:

Eustace talks worse than Mowbray. 🤦‍♂️

I never really got a 'puppet' vibe from Mowbray. He was self-indulgent, came out with some really ridiculous comments ("I don't look at the league table") and was a bit dull... but it was obvious he had his own way of looking at the team and at football as a whole, regardless of whether we agreed with it or not.

Eustace just spouts clichés and comes across as not being genuine in what he's saying. It's a pretty sharp reversal from JDT which makes the whiplash even worse. That's no comment on Eustace's ability, that remains to be seen, but what I've seen and heard thus far doesn't inspire any confidence in me. Obviously hope he proves me wrong - if so what he says in the media is irrelevant to me, short of praising Burnley or Venky's. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, DE. said:

I never really got a 'puppet' vibe from Mowbray. He was self-indulgent, came out with some really ridiculous comments ("I don't look at the league table") and was a bit dull... but it was obvious he had his own way of looking at the team and at football as a whole, regardless of whether we agreed with it or not.

Eustace just spouts clichés and comes across as not being genuine in what he's saying. It's a pretty sharp reversal from JDT which makes the whiplash even worse. That's no comment on Eustace's ability, that remains to be seen, but what I've seen and heard thus far doesn't inspire any confidence in me. Obviously hope he proves me wrong - if so what he says in the media is irrelevant to me, short of praising Burnley or Venky's. 

Mowbray, Venus and Swag led a charmed life for a number of years though owing to that promotion and it looked as though they were just left to get on with it.

He covered for the owners when he had to and he received some good backing for a few years so it was pretty much a cakewalk for them that's why he was so bitter and gave up when the end was in sight.  In truth he made it more about himself as time went on but then unfathomably didn't want to shoulder any accountability when it wasn't going well.

He didn't roast the 'conduit' and CEO when he should have though which kind of says everything, towards the end it was just 'the owners have their own issues to deal with in India' - (he obviously knew what was coming) and 'you'll have to speak to my CEO about that'

TM has played the game a long time.

• Like 4

I notice Eustace likes to call the players by nicknames, "Hedgey", "Gally" etc.

It's probably not an issue but it comes across as him trying to be their mates, rather than an authority figure.

I know JDT generally went with "The Boy" when talking about players or used their full names. Can't remember what Mogga did.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DE. said:

It's early days yet but I think Eustace is a poor mans Dyche. If you are winning games you get away with cliches and other inane comments but right now he isn't winning so he will be under more scrutiny.

22 hours ago, aletheia said:

It’s obviously all JDTs fault if we go down…

…for being rational, for being intelligent, for playing attractive football, for being logical, for being a quality coach, for calling out incompetence, for wanting new players, for not towing the line and doing what he was told.…

But don’t worry, you can all breathe a sigh of relief because we’ve sacked him and a new project (puppet) is in place with us all in it together. Let’s get back to what we know and love, over promising and under delivering, easy training, easy street, mediocrity, turgid football, poor computer skills, poor communication skills, January admin errors, increased prices, court cases, power vacuums, a compliant LET, docile fans, comment section bots…

Phew, I mean there was a danger there of us being a sensible club. Order restored.

The worst part - JDT wasn't sacked. He resigned (and had to pay to get out of his contract) - that's how desperate he was to get away from this club.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

The worst part - JDT wasn't sacked. He resigned (and had to pay to get out of his contract) - that's how desperate he was to get away from this club.

He was obviously desperate to get sacked and was doing everything he could during December and January for that to happen.

Unfortunately for him this lot won't sack anyone, so instead he was left in situ for months when he didn't want to be.

Eventually, after they 'did it again' in January even he couldn't stomach hanging around and so came to an agreement to get the hell out of here.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Is that true?

Do we know how much he paid?

So we had a manager in situ who was trying his best to get sacked?

Only at Ewood.

Just now, lraC said:

Is that true?

Do we know how much he paid?

So we had a manager in situ who was trying his best to get sacked?

Only at Ewood.

Per that Athletic article posted the other day, yes. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Per that Athletic article posted the other day, yes. 

Imagine that. A manager who is trying to get sacked and owners who have a penchant for a bit of a flutter allegedly. What a combination and recipe for disaster that is.

Does anyone realise that we were around 20/1 to go down in December.

• Like 1

On 06/03/2024 at 22:57, DeeCee said:

Eustace talks worse than Mowbray. 🤦‍♂️

Like listening to Benny in Crossroads back in the day, and about as much sense.

Even wears a silly 🤠

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

Listen, JDT was always positive in interviews and had infectious energy at times, but he was always honest and rarely talked shit.

Eustace is starting to annoy me with his comments, Saturday is most certainly a must-win. 

• Like 6