BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Paul Bradshaw RIP

Very said that. I remember him coming into the side on a hiding to nothing, after we sold Roger Jones. He certainly earned his corn and got a move himself to Wolves.

My fondest memory of him, was him winning save of the season a Granada TV competition, with a brilliant double save and I remember going to school bragging about it, as I was one of only two Rovers fans in my class, despite it being a Blackburn based school.

The Liverpool, Leeds and Man U fans amongst my mates, were envious at the time.

RIIP Paul and my deepest sympathy to all his friends and family.

• Like 6

Really good keeper - remember a save at the Blackburn end when he half stopped it ball flew over his head and he spun round and clawed it off the line - seems like yesterday.... 

RIP Paul & condolences to your family and friends.

It's news like this that makes you aware of the conveyor belt moving steadily along, not to mention your own position on it.. I remember Bradshaw being a big lad with strong hands, and to me he looked like a new type of keeper in Rovers colours, after the grace of Roger Jones and the more agricultural John Butcher.

It certainly marks the passage of time for us old gimmers 😉

RIP Pau Bradshaw - a proud product of the Blackburn Rovers tradition for cracking keepers.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Herbie6590 said:

Terrific keeper…sad news. 

IMG_1268.png

IMG_0882.jpeg

IMG_3194.jpeg

Jesus Christ look at them collars.

Please tell me that the retro shirts won't ever be modelled on these abominations.

Them tracksuit tops on the other hand 👌

Edited by Upside Down

11 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

I was fortunate enough for my first shirt to be from the 93 season.

By the way Jim, that's a crew neck in that picture.

You need to read Jim’s piece more carefully. The crew neck is my favourite shirt. We probably wore that shirt unchanged for the longest time. We first wore it in late 1962 and we were still wearing it in the early 1970’s. My first shirt was the vee neck one Jim referred to.

• Like 1

He was a really good keeper who made his debut as a young man and soon became a fans favourite. Sadly, in similar circumstances to now we had no money so when Wolves came calling he was sold. 

RIP and condolences to his family and friends.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You need to read Jim’s piece more carefully. The crew neck is my favourite shirt. We probably wore that shirt unchanged for the longest time. We first wore it in late 1962 and we were still wearing it in the early 1970’s. My first shirt was the vee neck one Jim referred to.

Ah yes I see what you mean. 

Been a long day.

• Like 2

RIP Paul and condolences to family and friends.

So sad to lose another former Rover at a relatively young age.

Had the huge job of replacing Sir Roger and made a good fist of it at the tender age of 18 or so (and Pears and Leo are called young goalies at 24/25!)!

An era when Rovers were served well by their goalies with the exception of 'Dracula' Butcher - Sir Roger, Paul and Jim Arnold were all very good with the likes of Pears and Leo mere shadows of those lads. 

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Mercer said:

RIP Paul and condolences to family and friends.

So sad to lose another former Rover at a relatively young age.

Had the huge job of replacing Sir Roger and made a good fist of it at the tender age of 18 or so (and Pears and Leo are called young goalies at 24/25!)!

An era when Rovers were served well by their goalies with the exception of 'Dracula' Butcher - Sir Roger, Paul and Jim Arnold were all very good with the likes of Pears and Leo mere shadows of those lads. 

Wasn’t Graham Moseley at the club at that time ? 

55 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Wasn’t Graham Moseley at the club at that time ? 

Might be wrong here but think Moseley left Rovers not too long after we signed Sir Roger.

5 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Might be wrong here but think Moseley left Rovers not too long after we signed Sir Roger.

Sir Roger, I still remember his 1st home game at the Blackburn end when he dived full length mid air to his right and saved a certain goal, not only did the Blackburn end think it was going in but Sir Roger saved it and held it with both hands, never seen a save like it since. 

• Like 1