BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

4 minutes ago, J*B said:

Just on this - I thought the lap of honour was really poorly organised. The stadium announcer said stay in your seats, the players essentially did their own lap of honour, where taken off the pitch then returned to a 80% empty stadium.

Like everything it needed much better organisation. Messaging on the big screen, repeat announcements. 

Whilst I’m here, when Eustace was sent off he came and sat probably 15 seats away from me. There was no plan for how he would communicate to the bench - it was utter chaos, probably a 10-15 minute period of it followed by Eustace using his personal phone to call down to someone on the bench. 

Yeah it was embarrassing, all of it was just cringeworthy. The players have complained about the lack of fans and for them to come out to Ewood almost a 10th full was a hard one. I was going to go but felt at least while we are in a battle I wanted to show my support, but I can totally see why everyone left. Total apathy. Hyam and Fadz stayed longer with the Cov fans, don't blame them, much more positive, and I can't stand that fanbase. 

Some bloke was given Brittain stick from the Riverside at the final whistle, no matter what you think of Callum, whatever was going on didn't look pleasant and Brittain was clearly pissed off. Am I right that I didn't notice him coming out after? 

Eustace seemed to take an age to find somewhere to sit on the front row and then he disappeared? It definitely seemed odd. Noticed Waggott and Pash were in attendance, and they appeared to be sat next to GB? Might be wrong, my eyes are fooked...

1 hour ago, J*B said:

Just on this - I thought the lap of honour was really poorly organised. The stadium announcer said stay in your seats, the players essentially did their own lap of honour, where taken off the pitch then returned to a 80% empty stadium.

Like everything it needed much better organisation. Messaging on the big screen, repeat announcements. 

Whilst I’m here, when Eustace was sent off he came and sat probably 15 seats away from me. There was no plan for how he would communicate to the bench - it was utter chaos, probably a 10-15 minute period of it followed by Eustace using his personal phone to call down to someone on the bench. 

Lap of "HONOUR" .. did they call it lap of honour . Genuinely why did anyone stay to clap that shower of shit .

• Like 5

4 hours ago, tomphil said:

Pickering is no better than Tommy Spurr and at least the excuse for his zero pace was age and wear and tear. Picks is probably the slowest full back iv'e ever seen so that's not a great qualification for being used as a wing back.

When Pickering receives the ball in the opposition half he just always turns inside and usually plays a nothing pass to the nearest teammate. As a wingback he presents zero threat to the opposition. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

He barely played at all but he definitely at least played sometimes as a number 10. I remember watching the game in which he scored for them when the ball just hit him and he played behind 2 strikers and they played wing backs. 

Certainly didnt play as a 6 as that is a CB's number. Traditionally anyway.

But either way, gone off point. The original point was that teams might be less enthusiastic about loaning us players considering how poor our loan signings have been this season and how they have barely played.

I seen the video interview.Ayari said he was a number 6 or number 8.

Just pointing out he wasn't brought in as a ten like you had said in that post

36 minutes ago, alcd said:

When Pickering receives the ball in the opposition half he just always turns inside and usually plays a nothing pass to the nearest teammate. As a wingback he presents zero threat to the opposition. 

he`s a good defender but like you said,he offers nothing going forwards,i actually think he`s a better centre back than a full back

1 hour ago, ABBEY said:

Lap of "HONOUR" .. did they call it lap of honour . Genuinely why did anyone stay to clap that shower of shit .

To be fair, they were too embarrassed to call it a lap of honour. The announcer called it a lap of appreciation!

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

I seen the video interview.Ayari said he was a number 6 or number 8.

Just pointing out he wasn't brought in as a ten like you had said in that post

I meant that he is a number 10/attacking midfielder or had played there when I saw him for Coventry.

Either way, point is that he even as one of the more involved loanees has still only started two games and has had very little impact. Clubs wont be looking at us as keen to lend us their players if they base it on this season.

5 hours ago, J*B said:

I think Eustace trusts about four players - Carter, JRC, Tronstad, Szmodics and has to make do with the rest. Like all of us. 

I think it's more. Brittain, Carter, Hyam, Wharton, McFadzean, Pickering, JRC, Tronstad, Hedges, Dolan, Szmodics, Gallagher, Sigurdsson and Pears

51 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Clubs wont be looking at us as keen to lend us their players if they base it on this season.

Different head coach who will want Different type of loan player

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think it's more. Brittain, Carter, Hyam, Wharton, McFadzean, Pickering, JRC, Tronstad, Hedges, Dolan, Szmodics, Gallagher, Sigurdsson and Pears

Different head coach who will want Different type of loan player

I thought one of the points of the director of football model was continuity of playing style.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wilsdenrover said:

I thought one of the points of the director of football model was continuity of playing style.

Eustace has gone more pragmatic approach if you seen the games. No coach will be exactly the same tactical. Just like Slot won't be exactly like Klopp at Liverpool 

What I meant is maybe more pacey player instead of a more technical player

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Eustace has gone more pragmatic approach if you seen the games. No coach will be exactly the same tactical. Just like Slot won't be exactly like Klopp at Liverpool 

pace would be nice, as would a goal scoring forward 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

For me, 3 key signings we need to make is first choice keeper, pacey winger and goalscoring number 9 striker 

I agree however I  fear our financial uncertainties (I’m being polite!) will mean either we don’t make these signing or if we do they want be of the required quality.

If we do stay up next year and knowing this lot we are really in the shit.  I don't want RWs, CDMs or CAMs I want ASBOs and battlers.  We have a pipeline of lightweight technical players supplemented by the academy but unless is Carter at 6'2 the tallest of the lot? 

5 hours ago, Groundhog said:

Some bloke was given Brittain stick from the Riverside at the final whistle, no matter what you think of Callum, whatever was going on didn't look pleasant and Brittain was clearly pissed off. Am I right that I didn't notice him coming out after?

Just to pick you up on this as I was right there. Brittain was asking fans on our side what the scores were in the other games at the end. He was told Birmingham Hudds was 1-1, then said "what about Sheff Wed". When he was told they'd won, he swore and slouched down with his hands on his knees all dejected. So pissed off, yes, but not with any fans.

Edited by danger19_80

58 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Did you just compare Eustace to Klopp?

I think Eustace hasn't got a clue.

19 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Did you just compare Eustace to Klopp?

I think Eustace hasn't got a clue.

I've asked @chaddyroverstwice if he was a billionaire and he bought Rovers would he keep Waggott, Broughton and Eustace in post.

As he hasn't responded, which is quite unusual, I can only assume he would.

Scary!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, danger19_80 said:

Just to pick you up on this as I was right there. Brittain was asking fans on our side what the scores were in the other games at the end. He was told Birmingham Hudds was 1-1, then said "what about Sheff Wed". When he was told they'd won, he swore and slouched down with his hands on his knees all dejected. So pissed off, yes, but not with any fans.

Did he have a coupon on?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think we seen enough that Eustace really trust about 14/15 players. 

If I am wrong, I will hold my hands and admit I was wrong. 

You think none of those 14/15 players are the keepers? Tbh I'd agree with him on that if it's the case (he seems like somebody who is happy with all the players no matter what, but I'm sure that's a facade). But I can't agree that 14 or 15 players are trustworthy tbh. And I don't think he's getting any money for keepers without a keeper sale. Even that may be optimistic given our recent history... priority will be replacing Szmodics though, with whatever crumbs drop from that sale, if any.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

For me, 3 key signings we need to make is first choice keeper, pacey winger and goalscoring number 9 striker 

Don't disagree with you at all Chaddy.

What would you do with Pears and Wahlstedt this summer if you had the chance? As we'd need to free up a space for a new number 1.

Edited by TugaysMarlboro

7 hours ago, J*B said:

Does it really need organising?

We all know what happens at the end of the last game of the season - the players come back out with their families. An 80% empty stadium was the fans showing that they were thoroughly pissed off with what they've seen this season. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TugaysMarlboro said:

Don't disagree with you at all Chaddy.

What would you do with Pears and Wahlstedt this summer if you had the chance? As we'd need to free up a space for a new number 1.

Sell Pears to another Championship team - if not, League 1. Try to sell Wahlstedt to a European side, but of the two he's the one I'd rather keep.

If you sell both, get a good Championship GK in and an older, cheaper, but reliable backup. If you sell one just get the good Championship GK in.