BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bristol City (a) - 10/04/2024

Well I just girded my loins to watch the Sky highlights. Jesus Christ - how bad was that ? 
Lovely little inside ball from Hyam to set their guy up for the first goal. Any striker would have been proud of that pass. Pears fast asleep on his line but obviously expecting Hyam to deal with it. In the hierarchy of gifts that was a 10/10 gift. The sort of thing you pray for at 0-0. 

Second goal - Brittain misses an easy clearance, Hyam dives in and attempts a tackle with the wrong foot - pen - Pears doesn’t get anywhere near it.

3rd goal - Hyam again all over the place, collective comedy of errors at the back.

4th goal MacFad - schoolboy defending, turned his back on the ball. How old is this guy ? 37 or 17 ?  Unforgiveable. Pears nowhere near the pen.

5th goal, we’re all at sea. MacFad again with more school boy defending in the goalmouth, totally unaware of what’s going on around him. Unbelievable from so experienced a player. Nobody interested in stopping the cross in the first place.

Obviously it was a collective shit show, but what were the centre halves doing ?  They were directly responsible for all 5 goals. City didn’t really have to do anything special, just wait for the school boy howlers.

• Like 3

How many times will Venky's get away with sabotaging this club? The story this time could well be "Blackburn Rovers relegated in 2024 because of the Indian Government". Incredible.

• Like 7

Watched with disbelief at the terrible defending mistakes last night, where do we go from this against Leeds next, They are a lot better side that Bristol City, they punished our mistakes and the scoreline could and should have been a lot more i fear that will be the case next time out

11 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I was concerned about this game. Bristol City move the ball quick and they are quite direct. Our team have struggled with that all season. The way Eustace sets up, he wants the opposition to try and control the game from their back line, so that the team can set up their shape and look to win the ball back

We just weren't good enough. Probably one of the worst performances this season. It goes without saying, Dom Hyam had a stinker. I don't think anyone covered themselves in glory. The substitutions seemed a bit odd to me. I don't actually think we were terrible in the first half, but were just undone by some rank awful defending. I have to say, Callum Brittain has really irritated me this season, and I am starting to lose patience with him. We've heard from Hyam and Brittain how the fans weren't helping them in their bad run under JDT. Sorry to say lads, but no club in the world will accept performances like that for long

The subs ruined the 2nd half. I actually don't know what Eustace was thinking. Maybe a degree of panic? We looked well off the pace, and the opening 15 minutes of the 2nd half went by without much happening. The change of shape and number of changes produced a disjointed and defeated side. Bristol running away with it was predictable

This squad is not good enough to sustain a Championship season. We need more depth. McFadzean was never, ever the answer to the lack of experience - in football terms, he's a relegation candidate, and has been relegated 3 times. He's 37 and really, this isn't the fight for him. It should have been Carter every day of the week, who is more likely to have to suffer a League One season if we don't fix up

When you look at this squad it is very reminiscent of that Coyle season. Past it centre halves, disappointing loans, no real endeavour or shape. We have lost a fantastic dressing room that Mowbray put together, and those big figures have not been replaced. It is really showing

You missed out the guys going missing injury wise at crucial times. Successful team - everybody wants want to play - “ my knee ? Nah it’s ok boss, I can give you 70 minutes today “ . Losing team, it’s another story - “ my knee ? Nah, it’s not so good Boss,  I could do with another week or two “.

• Like 5

I was thinking about 5 at the back against Leeds . Watching that it still would work ok, we just need another 5 players. Nobody at the back could complain about being dropped after that. Was it Lothar Mathias that once said “ Put them all in a big sack, whack the sack with a big stick, and you wouldn’t be hitting anybody who didn’t deserve it “ ? 

1 minute ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

That interview about "no pressure on Jon to get in the top 6"; "it is just about staying in the league"

It was a car crash moment. Steve Waggott's "I don't sweat" moment

The level of ambition at any business is determined by those at the top of it. They are happy to wallow and so we wallow

That and they deliberately sabotaged yet another transfer window.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I was thinking about 5 at the back against Leeds . Watching that it still would work ok, we just need another 5 players. Nobody at the back could complain about being dropped after that. Was it Lothar Mathias that once said “ Put them all in a big sack, whack the sack with a big stick, and you wouldn’t be hitting anybody who didn’t deserve it “ ? 

Play like that against Leeds and we'll get well and truly stuffed!!

1 hour ago, MB Rover said:

And Stockport and Wrexham..

Both will surpass us in the near future. Owners who invest and want them to get better, redeveloping their grounds, full houses every week.

• Like 6

Bad shocking embarassing performance all round. Fans deserve a refund, apology with venkys walking away after sacking Waggott, and LT need to lead the way with some true publicity about mismanagement of Rovers.

LT reporter didn't hold back on criticising Hyam during the game yet he gave him 3/10.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, GaryC said:

Watched with disbelief at the terrible defending mistakes last night, where do we go from this against Leeds next, They are a lot better side that Bristol City, they punished our mistakes and the scoreline could and should have been a lot more i fear that will be the case next time out

The thing that was most galling was the first two goals came from just literally walloping the ball to our defenders, for them to inexplicably fail to do the simplest thing in the game, kicking the ball.

I don't think I've seen a player continuously fall over like Hyam did for the 3rd, their fans must have been pissing themselves. 

Don't get me started on McFadzean for the others .... the manager doesn't seem too worried though! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

When you look at this squad it is very reminiscent of that Coyle season. Past it centre halves, disappointing loans, no real endeavour or shape. We have lost a fantastic dressing room that Mowbray put together, and those big figures have not been replaced. It is really showing

We've got a manager on a par with Coyle as well.

11 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Does anyone think we'd do worse under JDT?

I think we are seeing now that the man worked wonders in the first 4 months of this season. And if we stay up (which I think we just about will) then it will be thanks to the miracles that he worked.

• Like 3

I've always defended JE as I thought one of his sides would rarely have a performance like that in them -  but that was up there with the likes of Reading, Sheff Utd, away under JDT. 

I just think this squad is weak as sh*t whoever is at the helm, and we know where the blame for that lies. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Does anyone think we'd do worse under JDT?

Personally, yes.  If he was still here we would be relegated without doubt.  He lost interest and the players in December.  One win and six defeats in December and in his last four games in Jan/Feb it was two draws and two defeats in the league.  We lost away to Sheffield Wed and Huddersfield and then only drew with Rotherham and Huddersfield at home and lost to QPR at home.  Those results are really hurting us now.  For me, its those two months, when we had winnable games that have really come back to bite us. 

• Like 7
  • Downvote 4

7 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

Personally, yes.  If he was still here we would be relegated without doubt.  He lost interest and the players in December.  One win and six defeats in December and in his last four games in Jan/Feb it was two draws and two defeats in the league.  We lost away to Sheffield Wed and Huddersfield and then only drew with Rotherham and Huddersfield at home and lost to QPR at home.  Those results are really hurting us now.  For me, its those two months, when we had winnable games that have really come back to bite us. 

You'd never think reading this that the man who replaced him has 1 win in 13 games and has us closer to relegation now than when he took over.

If we do stay up it will be because of how JDT overachieved with this spineless, self entitled  squad in the first 4 months of the season.

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 9

• Moderation Lead
8 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

Not Eustace’s solitary win so far, nah?

JDT did also try to leave in the summer, the club blocked him….

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

On the flip side I would argue that thanks to JDT's work until December that's the reason we'll stay up.

Won't be much to do with this bloke who has 1 win in 12.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Groundhog said:

I've always defended JE as I thought one of his sides would rarely have a performance like that in them -  but that was up there with the likes of Reading, Sheff Utd, away under JDT. 

I just think this squad is weak as sh*t whoever is at the helm, and we know where the blame for that lies. 

Last night was as bad as the defeat at Rotherham last season. That was the pits for me, we were totally out enthused by a team that was workmanlike at the best. We were second best in every aspect of the game. It’s the same old story - go in front and we can give anybody a game - go behind and the wheels fall off big time. I don’t get it, we’ve had this problem for years now and nothing has changed. Players come and go, managers come and go - yet the issue remains the same.

1 minute ago, K-Hod said:

Not Eustace’s solitary win so far, nah?

Not helped, but December and January are the games against relegation rivals that JDT couldn't win that have really hurt us.  We failed to beat Rotherham, and Huddersfield home and away.  Same with Plymouth. 

• Like 3