BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bristol City (a) - 10/04/2024

1 hour ago, MarkBRFC said:

Your underestimating how bad the sides below us are.

Genuinely think we could lose the next 4 fairly comfortably and still stay up due to sides around us all playing each other.

This weekend we have Sheffield Wednesday v Stoke. A win for either and they are level with us assuming we lose at Leeds. Pretty much every set of fixtures now have games like this. The Sheffield Wednesday game right now looks huge.

8 hours ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

I do.

Those responsible for running the club fully deserve to go down. 100%.

On the field, we are shit because of them.

The trouble is that those running the club don't deserve to be anywhere near Blackburn Rovers.

Of course, the fans don't deserve this.

I don't want relegation, but even if we did survive, which is highly unlikely, more of the same from The Undertaker et al will surely deliver the drop within 12 months anyway.

Fck off, Venky's!!!!

Spot on Len, especially the part highlighted above.

I think we'll survive, I believe we'll beat Sheff Weds, then everyone will breath a huge sigh of relief, job done, everything in the garden is rosy, we dodged a bullet, positivity reigns supreme, then next season arrives.......Rinse and repeat.

VENKYS OUT - NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

What puzzles me about last nights debacle ( I wasn't there ) is why Carter didn't come on at half time ?

I am not defending anyone but it was Rovers 4th game since Good Friday evening , we just have not got 

the squad to play those fixtures ! 

That is down to the owners and no one else !

We said the same about Carter. We were being pulled all over by their mobility and Eustace brought on a 37 year old leaving a young, athletic centre half on the bench. 

Poor decision from Eustace.

• Like 5

I know I've given him a bloody hard time, but I've just watched the goals back for the first time since watching them live last night. The first three and Dominic Hyam. Jesus bloody Christ. You'd be pissed off if someone made those three howlers in a whole season, let alone all inside 70 minutes.

Carter HAS to start for the remainder of the season. That's a club-ending appearance from our 'skipper'.

Edited by G Somerset Rover
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, roverblue said:

Still fuming this morning, I still can't see an apology from the manager or players in the post match interviews.

At any functioning club there would be repercussions from a performance and result like that.  Here it will just be ignored as a bad night.

Eustace 'sort of' apologised in his post-match interview. Hyam is the one that should come out and say something, that was a shockingly poor performance, even by his low standards (judged on this season).

9 minutes ago, G Somerset Rover said:

I know I've given him a bloody hard time, but I've just watched the goals back for the first time since watching them live last night. The first three and Dominic Hyam. Jesus bloody Christ. You'd be pissed off if someone made those three howlers in a whole season, let alone inside 70 minutes.

Carter HAS to start for the remainder of the season. That's a club-ending appearance from our 'skipper'.

Don't know what has happened to the player from last season. Possibly we start calling him Hyam-Diaz and he will rediscover his mojo.

15 minutes ago, TheKitGuy said:

Usually a 5-0 drubbing away from home means the fans get reimbursed doesn't it? seem to recall plenty of clubs doing so, will Waggot adhere to this sort of unwritten rule? my guess is no. 

A 40k bonus should more than cover it.

• Like 2

We were at The Lowry last night to watch “ The Mousetrap “. Looks like we were the lucky ones. You can’t get a signal inside the theatre so as soon as I got outside after the performance I turned my phone on. I saw I had a one word message from my son. It just said “ awful “. So I turned to the BBC scores, my heart dropped to my boots  when I saw 5-0. I texted him “ what happened ? “ . He’s so pissed off he still hasn’t  responded !

I’m building my self up to watch the” highlights “ so blame can be correctly apportioned. The whole staff should be doing the same this morning. No punches to be pulled.

If you want to  know “ Who did it ? “ in “ The Mousetrap “ - it was The Chicken Chokers with a rolled up bank account in the boardroom. 

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, NeilInBristol said:

Someone suggested the same last night. Hyam was awful. The same mistake leading to two goals. Suspicious 

Hyam didn't appear that fussed or bothered trying when he was easily robbed of the ball, turned and rinsed by Mehmeti who then scored.

We gave them 4 goals

1. Hyam tries to bring a ball under control. Fails.

2. Brittain fails to clear an easy ball down their left. Hyam concedes penalty.

3. See opening paragraph.

4. McFad turns his back to the ball, intent only to impede his opponent. Concedes penalty for handball. He had no idea or interest in the flight of the ball.

They created their 5th but assisted as we'd all given up by then.

Pathetic does not adequately cover this debacle by a Rovers team who didn't even try.

That's what I find unforgivable.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MarkBRFC said:

Your underestimating how bad the sides below us are.

Genuinely think we could lose the next 4 fairly comfortably and still stay up due to sides around us all playing each other.

I wish that was the case but there's no way we lose the next 4 and stay up.  One more win will see us safe but after how bad last night was and how bad Eustace's win record is, I'm struggling to see how we get a win with our fixture list. If we don't get another win then we go down.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

We were at The Lowry last night to watch “ The Mousetrap “. Looks like we were the lucky ones. You can’t get a signal inside the theatre so as soon as I got outside after the performance I turned my phone on. I saw I had a one word message from my son. It just said “ awful “. So I turned to the BBC scores, my heart dropped when I saw 5-0. I texted him “ what happened ? “ . He’s so pissed off he still hadn’t responded !

I’m building my self up to watch thec” highlights “ so blame can be apportioned.

If you want to “ Who did it ? “ in “ The Mousetrap “ - it was The Chicken Chokers with a rolled up bank account in the boardroom. 

BC have the goals up on YouTube.

I was going to post a link earlier but concerned it might upset a few so left it to personal choice.

Not a pretty sight.

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

BC have the goals up on YouTube.

I was going to post a link earlier but concerned it might upset a few so left it to personal choice.

Not a pretty sight.

I might have to have a stiff drink first. I can take us being out skilled but I’ll never accept a Rovers team being out-enthused.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Penwortham Blue said:

When he feels like it, he grafts hard, last night, like the rest, he simply didn’t break sweat. Notwithstanding effort, he is an absolutely atrocious CF, just look at his goal return and injured / non-availability record. 

There was bit in the 2nd half where you saw just fall on his arse for no reason

13 hours ago, BankEnd Rover said:

I was fairly confident that we’d get nothing from this. More to the point I was more confident than not that we will go down.

Mistakes have cost us too many points this season. 

I’d be very surprised if we stay up now.

It's no looking hopeful 

13 hours ago, Polky said:

Can’t be any worse…

Ironically we did worse in the second half. 

1 hour ago, ruggles1995 said:

not sure what game you were watching, but I dont rmember anyone lumping it to him until we passed it all the way into our own corner flag with no option but to try and lump it. We passed it out wide alot and back to where it came from until we got forced back to our own goal and then lumped it. Or we would try and pass the ball down the sides, but Brittain cant pass wind, so the ball never reached our front line. 

Maybe you had to be there mate. They tried about 5 long balls in the first half

1 minute ago, ABBEY said:

There was bit in the 2nd half where you saw just fall on his arse for no reason

His best moment was in the second half, ball came into him, he mis-controlled it fortunately into space where he could gather it, looked wide to Brittain 10 yards away and punted it out for a throw in.

And don't get me started on his 'attempt' to convert the cross early in the 2nd half from a yard out where he completely bottled out.

1 hour ago, LDRover said:

Could the 2 million from Ipswich for Gallagher have kept the lights on long enough for us to keep Wharton (at least until the inevitable sale in the summer) and almost certainly retain status in this division?

Either way, it's an extremely odd decision not to have sold him, the lad is, and has been, so so poor from day 1. Aside from defending corners against us he brings sod all to the table and is probably our top earner, it's incredible really.

We lose roughly £17-18m pa so £2m is about 6-8 weeks of working capital…

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, LDRover said:

His best moment was in the second half, ball came into him, he mis-controlled it fortunately into space where he could gather it, looked wide to Brittain 10 yards away and punted it out for a throw in.

And don't get me started on his 'attempt' to convert the cross early in the 2nd half from a yard out where he completely bottled out.

He’s gone steadily backwards. We should  have never spunked the £5 million on him in the first place. He was no more than a Steady Eddie in his first spell here, albeit in a poor team. He didn’t do much on loan at Big Club and did nothing back at Southampton. Why sign him again for big money. I said so at the time and got booed out. The flaws in his game that were evident when he first came here are still there. Lack of a good first touch,  inability to read goal mouth situations, inability to compete physically, and the worst header of a ball I’ve seen in a guy 6’ 4” tall. Speedie and Jansen were way better and they were both a head shorter at least.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, arbitro said:

We said the same about Carter. We were being pulled all over by their mobility and Eustace brought on a 37 year old leaving a young, athletic centre half on the bench. 

Poor decision from Eustace.

That tells me loud and clear that it was not due to footballing ability, more to do with finance, one way or another.

Hard to say exactly what, but if the manger sees that particular decision as the right one, then no wonder he has only had one win so far.

I must admit that I was sat at Ashton Gate last night totally bemused by the performance.  It came out of the blue as the previous three or four performances had been totally the opposite of what we saw last night.  At the end of the day human error is something you can't legislate for and the goals were a result of players making basic mistakes.  You could see the confidence drain from the players as the mistakes were made.  I don't believe any of the present squad go onto the pitch to intentionally have a bad game but they are human and not robots, so mistakes will happen and results like this will happen.  However, the game has gone and the only thing that matters is the next four fixtures.  Eustace is right when he says that all that matters is responding to defeat in the right way.  We don't have a big enough squad to make wholesale changes so he has to work with what he has.  

I still believe that these players and this manager are more than good enough to keep us up.  Obviously, the game against Wednesday is going to be key to survival  but we are good enough to beat them if we play as we can.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

I must admit that I was sat at Ashton Gate last night totally bemused by the performance.  It came out of the blue as the previous three or four performances had been totally the opposite of what we saw last night.  At the end of the day human error is something you can't legislate for and the goals were a result of players making basic mistakes.  You could see the confidence drain from the players as the mistakes were made.  I don't believe any of the present squad go onto the pitch to intentionally have a bad game but they are human and not robots, so mistakes will happen and results like this will happen.  However, the game has gone and the only thing that matters is the next four fixtures.  Eustace is right when he says that all that matters is responding to defeat in the right way.  We don't have a big enough squad to make wholesale changes so he has to work with what he has.  

I still believe that these players and this manager are more than good enough to keep us up.  Obviously, the game against Wednesday is going to be key to survival  but we are good enough to beat them if we play as we can.  

We just lost one of our few remaining winnable fixtures, against a team with nothing to play for 5-0 and have the hardest run in of all teams. We didn't turn up to a match that would have seen us safe. Staying up is very optimistic.