BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bristol City (a) - 10/04/2024

1 minute ago, Parsonblue said:

Not helped, but December and January are the games against relegation rivals that JDT couldn't win that have really hurt us.  We failed to beat Rotherham, and Huddersfield home and away.  Same with Plymouth. 

That was when we should have pulled away towards the play off zone and we did the opposite.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

Not helped, but December and January are the games against relegation rivals that JDT couldn't win that have really hurt us.  We failed to beat Rotherham, and Huddersfield home and away.  Same with Plymouth. 

Eustace against relegation rivals has drawn at home to Plymouth, drawn at home to Millwall, lost at Swansea & lost at Birmingham. Win just one of those 4 games and we are all but safe.

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

All this arguing about whether JDT would have taken us down and how Eustace is faring in comparison really is like a tallest dwarf competition.

Agreed, it’s irrelevant.

The buck lies with Steve Maggott & Venky’s for their lies, short sighted business decisions and treating the fans like idiots.

It’s led to the abject failures on the pitch, not only last night but the 1 win in 12 games since Eusless took charge of the team AND under JDT.

How the fans aren’t already on the pitch in anger and protest i’ll never know. This set of players only turn up when they fancy it and are led by a poor excuse for a captain Con Dom Hyam who had chastised fans whilst on the pitch as well as being an absolute calamity last night.

IMG_5666.jpeg

Edited by DuffsLeftPeg
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

In many ways, aye.

But I do also think, those with an axe to grind with JDT deliberately overlook just how badly JE has done on the whole tbf.

Apparently we’ve been ‘fantastic’ in the ‘10 or 11’ games prior to last night according to Eustace. Strange that as I could have sworn we’d won just one of those.

Another bullshitter to add to the long list.

Edited by G Somerset Rover
  • Like 7

In 2017, Rovers were relegated, with 5 more draws than we have today. With four games to play, it’s impossible to achieve that many draws. With our form since Eustace came on, we cannot expect any more than one win. Maybe not even that. So, I cannot see where we get 51 points. 

When I consider our roster in 2017- Steele, Raya, Graham, Conway, Mulgrew, Lenihan, etc- we had better players on the whole then, than we do now. it’s true some were older & on their last legs, but they were fighters, beating Brentford away in the finale. 

The most depressing thing to me this year, has been the selling off of Ash Phillips & Adam… any young player with ability & promise, gets sold off.

To top it off, ESPN+ has Leeds/Rovers on this weekend. What a joke. t’s all so depressing, I don’t even want to think about it anymore. 

Edited by WacoRover
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

In many ways, aye.

But I do also think, those with an axe to grind with JDT deliberately overlook just how badly JE has done on the whole tbf.

Despite having a very good season by our standards last term, plenty simply never took to him. They much prefer your standard lower league conveyor belt manager -  you hear it at Ewood, you see it on this thread.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Despite having a very good season by our standards last term, plenty simply never took to him. They much prefer your standard lower league conveyor belt manager -  you hear it at Ewood, you see it on this thread.

The absolute shambles at the dingledome lost him a lot of support. That and the way it was shrugged off as just another game. I know I never had the same confidence in him after that.

• Like 4
  • Downvote 1

We've got a handful of good championship players:

Carter, Szmodic, Trondstadt, Wharton, JRC (As a fullback), Dolan

A couple of average players: Pickering, Hyam, Hedges, Pears, 

The rest are absolutely wank. Brittain is powderpuff and lacks physicality, Gallagher flatters to deceive in the converse sense, Buckley- wank, so languid and lazy,  Markanday etc.

Then we have a few prospects...  I'd start playing the likes of Batty etc. At least they'll have a go!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The absolute shambles at the dingledome lost him a lot of support. That and the way it was shrugged off as just another game. I know I never had the same confidence in him after that.

I've said it before - Jack Walker would have sacked him on the spot for grinning like a Cheshire cat after that one (let alone leaving both Whartons out of the team!)

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Same with Allardyce and Lambert. Never really liked from the off by a large portion of the fanbase and many glad to see the back of them, whereas St Tony, whose first act was taking us down to the third division, should have been given the job for life and will be yearned after for years to come.

Looks like Eustace falling into the same bracket. A dismal run of results so far with no end in sight and yet I can see it playing out now - blame JDT for everything, nothing to do with Venkys, Waggott, Eustace, lets all pull together and rebuild in the summer.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Parsonblue said:

And but for the width of a crossbar we would have lost to  Rotherham. The warning signs were there back then 

40 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I've said it before - Jack Walker would have sacked him on the spot for grinning like a Cheshire cat after that one (let alone leaving both Whartons out of the team!)

Possibly. I know I was less than pleased by his apparent attitude, then to follow it up with the home shambles to the Nobbers ! 

• Like 2

I think people are underestimating how much  the sale of Adam Wharton as affected the team.

The one footballer with a bit of class ,  replaced by 2 OAPs  one of whom will only play 10 mins this season , the other was useful for a couple of games !

You cannot sell your best player and replace him with no one !

It is best described as Constructive Relegation !

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ghost7 said:

We just lost one of our few remaining winnable fixtures, against a team with nothing to play for 5-0 and have the hardest run in of all teams. We didn't turn up to a match that would have seen us safe. Staying up is very optimistic.

“ Nothing to play for “ can work two ways. It also means you start out under no pressure. It’s up to us to provide that pressure. We needed not to let them score.  Get our noses in front, make them work, get the home crowd restless.  We did none of those things. When you have your captain saying to the opposition striker “ I know you’re having a bad run son, see what you can do with this one “ , you’re making a rod for your own back. 
Once that one  went in the pressure was off their backs and on ours.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

Perversely, I think we will stay up and despite the utter shambles that was last night, I have an inkling we might grind out a couple of surprise draws from the remaining fixtures and that might be enough. I feel Huddersfield, Brum and maybe even Plymouth are equally as useless as us and they need a few points to surpass us. I also don’t have an issue with the Eustace’s post-match interview. I thought it was okay. He accepted we were rubbish and apologised but threw nobody under a bus which seems sensible given the critical situation we find ourselves in.   

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

In many ways, aye.

It's actually disgusting and a complete insult to the fans that he is getting away with it.

Not only that, he is rubbing our noses in it too, but using adjectives such as fantastic. There is very little fantastic at the club, only fantasists.

• Like 3