BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bristol City (a) - 10/04/2024

On 09/04/2024 at 15:22, AllRoverAsia said:

I've just read that Arnor Sigurdsson is out for the rest of the season.

He won't be missed as much as Hedges but it weakens our bench.

We could do with some of the spineless losers at Blackburn Rovers being out of the team forever, not fit to wear the shirt.

Edited by RoversTilliDie

11 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

Your underestimating how bad the sides below us are.

Genuinely think we could lose the next 4 fairly comfortably and still stay up due to sides around us all playing each other.

Wouldn't count on it, when this team put their mind to it there the worse in the Championship.

It's plain and simple from here, win our remaining home games or these spineless losers are playing league 1 football next season. A tall order when you study statistics, Rovers have won 1 of their last 13 home games in the Championship.

Edited by RoversTilliDie
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

It's plain and simple from here, win our remaining home games or these spineless losers are playing league 1 football next season. A tall order when you study statistics, Rovers have won 1 of their last 13 home games in the Championship.

Truth; what a sobering thought this is. Why the wonderful fans we have, continue to show up, I do not know. My hat is off to them. 

We have better fans, than we have admin, players & coaches. truthfully, I’ve wondered how Portsmouth, Sunderland, Derby, etc, continue to draw the crowds they do. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

Truth; what a sobering thought this is. Why the wonderful fans we have, continue to show up, I do not know. My hat is off to them. 

We have better fans, than we have admin, players & coaches. truthfully, I’ve wondered how Portsmouth, Sunderland, Derby, etc, continue to draw the crowds they do. 

It's the wa--ers upstairs to blame, Venkys, Waggott for example. Waggot has balls up twice in two seasons registering players that were signing for Rovers to late after the deadline. As for the Venkys, send them to the Ukraine with blanks.

7 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

Pompey, Sunderland and Derby have far larger catchment areas !

7 hours ago, K-Hod said:

In many ways, aye.

But I do also think, those with an axe to grind with JDT deliberately overlook just how badly JE has done on the whole tbf.

And it will become the narrative over the summer if we do go down. All JDTs fault but we can rebuild, new manager, we're all in it together yada yada

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Waggy76 said:

Pompey, Sunderland and Derby have far larger catchment areas !

No doubt; Rovers are the Green Bay Packers of the EFL. my only point was, there are clubs elsewhere who have fallen upon tough times, yet, their fanbases are as rabid as ever:  I have no doubt our fans equal the zeal of those I mentioned. 

Edited by WacoRover

49 minutes ago, aletheia said:

And it will become the narrative over the summer if we do go down. All JDTs fault but we can rebuild, new manager, we're all in it together yada yada

A happy clappers dream! 

• Like 1

eustace has shown himself up to be a weak manager in not hauling hyam off last night,he should have made a statement that performances like that will not be tolerated,skipper or not,he`s the manager and should have shown hyam he`s the boss,poor carter must be well p****d off,best centre back at the club and he is`nt getting a sniff

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

No doubt; Rovers are the Green Bay Packers of the EFL. my only point was, there are clubs elsewhere who have fallen upon tough times, yet, their fanbases are as rabid as ever:  I have no doubt our fans equal the zeal of those I mentioned. 

Yep that's the English mentality we love being up against it it's in our DNA although slowly being erased from future generations.

It's why the UK football pyramid is the deepest and best supported in the world from the Prem right down through division after division until you reach Sunday morning Pub league football.

And quite honestly some of those Sunday morning beer monsters deserve people watching more than a lot of the entitled little wankers in the paid ranks.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

On the flip side I would argue that thanks to JDT's work until December that's the reason we'll stay up.

Won't be much to do with this bloke who has 1 win in 12.

I see both sides of this argument even though they are mutually exclusive!

7 hours ago, M_B said:

Don't really read them to be honest, not much point whoever is giving them. I don't really see what Eustace could have said last night after that, which wouldn't have been jumped on. 

I also think we'll survive,assuming we do, if we can't go into next season with a fresh start,he will be onto a loser from the outset.

It should be viewed as Eustace keeping us up and starting with a clean slate, but I very much doubt it will, unless we have an amazing start. 

6 hours ago, M_B said:

He may yet go but it's unlikely, but if he doesn't I don't see the point in wanting him out before he's had the chance to really prove himself. 

This season has ended up a disaster, if we stay up, I'd be happy to write it off and see how he does with a clean start. I don't see how he can be fairly judged on this season. 

He couldn't say anything last night to make up for the utter embarassment he has a big responsibility for, no.

I doubt he will go into next season with anything other than backing in ground but people judge managers (and players) as they go. Even if we scrape over the line, considering the buffer of points and teams we had when he came in, im not having that he deserves a clean start in terms of judgement, and if people feel that he needs replacing as part of that clean start then fair enough. 1 win in 13 or 14 is shocking no matter how anyone tries to twist it and he has not shown much if anything to suggest hes the man to take us forward.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, aletheia said:

When that becomes the case we just produce the facts, the truth, the stats.

Simple stuff like PPG, which in Eustace's case is already appalling. 

Alledgedly JDT had to deal with revolting players, and JE hasn't. As yet.

Well, that monumental HT subs clusterfuck will have ruffled a few feathers of the entitled ones. 

Edited by AllRoverAsia

7 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

We’re on too much of a knife edge to start bickering internally but when the season is over I’d like to hear some straight talking. Given we haven’t much of that in 14 years I’ll probably be disapointed.

Time for the Trust and the Fans Forum to really let fly at those responsible  when they get the chance.

Make it clear where we think things are heading and what is needed to take us forward. No time for letting Venkys off.

Absolute miserable performance - all well covered in all the post match posts.

For me, Sunderland aside our dreadful form makes this not a massive surprise - with Sammie’s goals masking just how poor we have been / are.

Grim.

46 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

He couldn't say anything last night to make up for the utter embarassment he has a big responsibility for, no.

I doubt he will go into next season with anything other than backing in ground but people judge managers (and players) as they go. Even if we scrape over the line, considering the buffer of points and teams we had when he came in, im not having that he deserves a clean start in terms of judgement, and if people feel that he needs replacing as part of that clean start then fair enough. 1 win in 13 or 14 is shocking no matter how anyone tries to twist it and he has not shown much if anything to suggest hes the man to take us forward.

No need to twist anything. 

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

poor carter must be well p****d off,best centre back at the club and he is`nt getting a sniff

And in the upcoming summer episode Carter is surplus to requirements / sulking because of a lack of game time and therefore we simply have to move him on and cash in on him

How convenient!

You heard it here first

• Like 2

Eustace is at 10 points from 12 games for a PPG of 0.83.

That form results in just one outcome but we may well be saved by the wins garnered earlier in the season and the plain fact that others are also crap and will struggle to close the small points gap.

Eustace is in reality Useless.

12 hours ago, den said:

With regards to big Sam, fans should learn there’s no such thing as crap winning football. If you’re winning games you’re ultimately defending better than the opposition and scoring more than them. You can’t continually win games by playing bad football. It’s what every manager is trying to do. . It’s all that matters.

Except our manager of course.

17 hours ago, K-Hod said:

In many ways, aye.

But I do also think, those with an axe to grind with JDT deliberately overlook just how badly JE has done on the whole tbf.

You have a point but likewise the pro JDT supporters need to look at his record prior to going. We know there were reasons.

Eustace inherited a poor squad so he has a ready made excuse.

BOTH managers records in 2024 is nothing short of abysmal.

On those records alone both managers should be binned.

13 hours ago, all you need is duff said:

He wasn’t the reason we lost last night but Bobby Madley was taken off the Birmingham game and put on ours at the last minute because he supports Huddersfield who are a relegation rival of Birmingham’s. Doesn’t seem to make sense to then give him to another relegation candidate https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/key-birmingham-city-v-cardiff-28969709.amp

Odd when you also see that weve apparently got a Sheff Wed supporter for the Leeds game