BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bristol City (a) - 10/04/2024

51 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Same with Allardyce and Lambert. Never really liked from the off by a large portion of the fanbase and many glad to see the back of them, whereas St Tony, whose first act was taking us down to the third division, should have been given the job for life and will be yearned after for years to come.

Looks like Eustace falling into the same bracket. A dismal run of results so far with no end in sight and yet I can see it playing out now - blame JDT for everything, nothing to do with Venkys, Waggott, Eustace, lets all pull together and rebuild in the summer.

I never thought, I would say this, but if we go down this season, I will no be even watching for the results anymore, I have had a gut full and can't take any more.

Once the infection has been cleared, I will be back, but I have hot breaking point with it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lraC said:

I never thought, I would say this, but if we go down this season, I will no be even watching for the results anymore, I have had a gut full and can't take any more.

Once the infection has been cleared, I will be back, but I have hot breaking point with it.

Yeah, 14 years of shit is a long while. Some times you need a break from it. I took a break when they appointed Coyle. I could see where it was heading.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Gamst said:

Perversely, I think we will stay up and despite the utter shambles that was last night, I have an inkling we might grind out a couple of surprise draws from the remaining fixtures and that might be enough. I feel Huddersfield, Brum and maybe even Plymouth are equally as useless as us and they need a few points to surpass us. I also don’t have an issue with the Eustace’s post-match interview. I thought it was okay. He accepted we were rubbish and apologised but threw nobody under a bus which seems sensible given the critical situation we find ourselves in.   

We’re on too much of a knife edge to start bickering internally but when the season is over I’d like to hear some straight talking. Given we haven’t much of that in 14 years I’ll probably be disapointed.

14 minutes ago, Gamst said:

Perversely, I think we will stay up and despite the utter shambles that was last night, I have an inkling we might grind out a couple of surprise draws from the remaining fixtures and that might be enough. I feel Huddersfield, Brum and maybe even Plymouth are equally as useless as us and they need a few points to surpass us. I also don’t have an issue with the Eustace’s post-match interview. I thought it was okay. He accepted we were rubbish and apologised but threw nobody under a bus which seems sensible given the critical situation we find ourselves in.   

Don't really read them to be honest, not much point whoever is giving them. I don't really see what Eustace could have said last night after that, which wouldn't have been jumped on. 

I also think we'll survive,assuming we do, if we can't go into next season with a fresh start,he will be onto a loser from the outset.

It should be viewed as Eustace keeping us up and starting with a clean slate, but I very much doubt it will, unless we have an amazing start. 

Only seen the goals from last night’s game and some pretty awful defending was the principal cause. However, you defend from the front so the whole team are to blame.

If we’re being honest, we were never going to get anything out of this game. Since before Xmas, Bristols form has generally improved culminating in a recent win over Leicester whilst ours has plummeted. 

It’s unfortunate that injuries to key players have plagued us this season but the biggest miss has to be losing Adam Wharton voluntarily without adequately replacing him. 

Whatever happens this season we need a good look at Rovers situation. 

Edited by Uddersfelt Blue

18 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

We’re on too much of a knife edge to start bickering internally but when the season is over I’d like to hear some straight talking. Given we haven’t much of that in 14 years I’ll probably be disapointed.

This is precisely why I can't stomach anymore.

Nothing has changed and nothing will under these owners.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Same with Allardyce and Lambert. Never really liked from the off by a large portion of the fanbase and many glad to see the back of them, whereas St Tony, whose first act was taking us down to the third division, should have been given the job for life and will be yearned after for years to come.

Looks like Eustace falling into the same bracket. A dismal run of results so far with no end in sight and yet I can see it playing out now - blame JDT for everything, nothing to do with Venkys, Waggott, Eustace, lets all pull together and rebuild in the summer.

With regards to big Sam, fans should learn there’s no such thing as crap winning football. If you’re winning games you’re ultimately defending better than the opposition and scoring more than them. You can’t continually win games by playing bad football. It’s what every manager is trying to do. . It’s all that matters.

Edited by den
  • Like 8

1 minute ago, M_B said:

Don't really read them to be honest, not much point whoever is giving them. I don't really see what Eustace could have said last night after that, which wouldn't have been jumped on. 

I also think we'll survive,assuming we do, if we can't go into next season with a fresh start,he will be onto a loser from the outset.

It should be viewed as Eustace keeping us up and starting with a clean slate, but I very much doubt it will, unless we have an amazing start. 

If we go up or if we go down, the only way to start any sort of fresh will be with a new man in the dug out. But of course it will never be a completely fresh start until the ownership changes.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Groundhog said:

We almost don't deserve to stay up after a performance like that - they (and I use the term "they" intentionally) are so lucky that other results went our way last night, let off the hook big time, but only for last night.

I agree with other posters that arguing over managers and tactics is pointless when the one common denominator over the years is the dumbing down of every aspect of the club from off-field to on. Attitude bleeds down from the top (see Man U for a high profile example), and the resulting failure of the Bowyer side to gain promotion, our relegation to League One, the constant post-January bottle-job act, and now this current shit-show: they all bear the same mark, the same common thread.

I'm in envy of clubs like Luton, Stockport etc where every employee is pulling in the same direction.

Top post, sentiments that I think anyone with a passion for our club would fully endorse.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

If we go up or if we go down, the only way to start any sort of fresh will be with a new man in the dug out. But of course it will never be a completely fresh start until the

He may yet go but it's unlikely, but if he doesn't I don't see the point in wanting him out before he's had the chance to really prove himself. 

This season has ended up a disaster, if we stay up, I'd be happy to write it off and see how he does with a clean start. I don't see how he can be fairly judged on this season. 

Edited by M_B

1 hour ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

Only seen the goals from last night’s game and some pretty awful defending was the principal cause. However, you defend from the front so the whole team are to blame.

I finally got around to watching the highlights. Shambolic is an understatement. 

I disagree with your defend from the front comment. They were all individual errors by defenders. Hyam on ice skates. McFadz looking uninterested. It was awful.

There are calls for Hyam to be dropped. He was woeful, but he's a championship player, so I think it's likely that he'll be fine next time out. 

2 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

And but for the width of a crossbar we would have lost to  Rotherham. The warning signs were there back then 

But equally, 11 months ago, but for the width of a crossbar, JDT would've got us into the playoffs. Fine margins don't make or break anything, you need to look at his spell as a whole to judge. I agree its clear he lost the players, the reasons for which I don't think we'll ever know, because until December he was working miracles with them...

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

Sending out Travis i think might have been the straw that broke the camels back for JDT he was club captain and probably the heartbeat of the dressing room.

I would agree, but there's also been a lot of talk that they didn't like one another, so would he be that bothered?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CheshireRover said:

I would agree, but there's also been a lot of talk that they didn't like one another, so would he be that bothered?

I was thinking more in terms of the players behind the scenes.

3 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Sending out Travis i think might have been the straw that broke the camels back for JDT he was club captain and probably the heartbeat of the dressing room.

I think regardless of whether it tipped JDT over the edge (and I'll maintain until my dying day that the move was 100% financially motivated and nothing at all to do with football) I am certain that offloading your captain in the first few days of the window to a league rival on loan will have had a serious impact on the dressing room.

Travis might not have been best mates with JDT but he will have been popular with quite a few in the dressing room I'm sure of that, and when such a decision is made people will rightly start asking questions and be miffed.

• Like 4

He wasn’t the reason we lost last night but Bobby Madley was taken off the Birmingham game and put on ours at the last minute because he supports Huddersfield who are a relegation rival of Birmingham’s. Doesn’t seem to make sense to then give him to another relegation candidate https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/key-birmingham-city-v-cardiff-28969709.amp

2 minutes ago, all you need is duff said:

He wasn’t the reason we lost last night but Bobby Madley was taken off the Birmingham game and put on ours at the last minute because he supports Huddersfield who are a relegation rival of Birmingham’s. Doesn’t seem to make sense to then give him to another relegation candidate https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/key-birmingham-city-v-cardiff-28969709.amp

I was told about this yesterday morning and found it strange that he couldn't referee Birmingham because of their relegation scrap with Huddersfield but can referee us who are also in the relegation mix. I know Birmingham complained and this forced the change. We have James Bell on Saturday who is a self confessed Sheffield Wednesday can according to this article. https://www.scfc2.co.uk/referees/james-bell/

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I think regardless of whether it tipped JDT over the edge (and I'll maintain until my dying day that the move was 100% financially motivated and nothing at all to do with football) I am certain that offloading your captain in the first few days of the window to a league rival on loan will have had a serious impact on the dressing room.

Travis might not have been best mates with JDT but he will have been popular with quite a few in the dressing room I'm sure of that, and when such a decision is made people will rightly start asking questions and be miffed.

Imo it was forced from above although he might have okayed it because they weren't getting on and Trav himself had spit the dummy.

However at clubs who want a strong squad it's a case of look son you'll have to sit tight and wait for the chance when it comes around again and it will. Here though it get the impression of Waggot sticking his hooter in and saying look if you aren't using him i'm not having ten grand a week plus captains bonus sat on the bench and coming moaning to me.

There's interest so lets get him off the pay role (like Buckley) and save money whilst possibly generating a fee for him in summer.

'Ok but i need another good body to replace'

Well there's no money but i'll ring around and see who has an injured or old player they'll lend us for a few months, failing that it's another kid.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lraC said:

This is precisely why I can't stomach anymore.

Nothing has changed and nothing will under these owners.

I know how frustrated I am; I cannot begin to imagine how frustrated some of you are, who have faithfully supported the club for 30, 40, or 50 years. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

The financial argument never really added up in my opinion, not when they could supposedly have received £2 million for Gallagher and offloaded the highest wage in the process. 

Got told by someone who supposedly knows what happened, there was a blazing row at training, Travis told Tomasson to f off and walked off, and the rest is history. 

24 minutes ago, M_B said:

The financial argument never really added up in my opinion, not when they could supposedly have received £2 million for Gallagher and offloaded the highest wage in the process. 

Got told by someone who supposedly knows what happened, there was a blazing row at training, Travis told Tomasson to f off and walked off, and the rest is history. 

All I'll say is that I find it remarkably convenient that all the top earners and players who can attract interest from elsewhere end up becoming 'surplus' to requirements and moved on.

Almost as though someone is working their way down a list of the most senior/expensive assets and getting shut one by one.

Of course the key issue, regardless of the cause, is we lost another senior pro and had zero intention of replacing him as we slid head first towards League One.

£10,000 x 24 weeks is a saving Waggott will be enjoying let's put it that way.

• Like 1