BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chelski Transfer Madness

In his first press conference after being given the Chelsea job Jose Mourinho said

"we've got the players and now we've got a good manager...sorry for the arrogance but I am a bit special..."

Quality stuff and certain to get right under Ferguson and Wenger's skin before a ball has been kicked.

Could be a return to the good old days of the Dalglish and Ferguson jousts.

Moved here.

Edited by den

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

laugh.gif

laugh my tits off when he fails !

There is no way chelsea can overtake Arsenal and Manure will surely be sore after this seasons diabolical efforts (by their own standards).

If JM thinks he can get away with cutting the current 46 man squad down to around 21 AND bring in his own players then he clearly has little idea how to approach this mammoth task.

Managing Porto was all well and fine and his achievements have to be admired.

managing cfc is a much bigger problem for him.

he has players with masive egos, players on massiv emoney, players who are clearly just there for the money and players who are there cause they want to be. Its a club with an owner who has a bigger ego than the playing staff and this is where the major problems will arise. JM has shown himself to be his own man. How will he cope with donkey kenyon and Abramovitch watching every step he takes ?

My view is that chelsea have bitten off far more than they can chew with their over purchasing last year.

Rumours in the London press suggest he will immediatley off load Veron,Desailley,Petit,Huth,Gallas,babayaro and a number of fringe players, whilst they will listen to offers for Mutu,JFH,Crespo and Gudjohnnson. Seems to me that there will be plenty on offer for buying or loaning as a lot of the above mentioned players are on five yr deals (except JFH).

RA has shown he may have the financial clout but he is missing a lot of common dog. as for the donkey Kenyon ? well he is a disgrace with the contempt he has shown for C Ranieri and the playing staff and fans of cfc.

Not too sure as to whether the media interviews of Terry and Lampard have been aired yet but both are sure to be edited as they come out in big support for CR ! tinykit.gif

only problem there 1864 is that you assume they have to play by normal footy club rules.

but they don't.

he will offload a lot of players in the summer and I guess the ones that do leave will also be the lucky ones. They will no doubt get them off to other clubs on lower wages, by paying off large chunks of there contracts.

It's still pocket change to him though.

And then once they have there squad of 21 - expect very good things from this team.

2 years max before they win the league and the champs league.

why does everyone feel sorry for ranieri?

he gets paid 2 million quid a year to deal with the speculation that goes with being one of the highest profile managers in the world.

he will walk into another job

I can understand your viewpoint Andy. Certainly Ranieri will be well remunerated and won't be short of a few quid after his contract is paid up.

However, I just think that the way Chelsea handled the sacking could have been done better.

For a long time, Chelsea have kept up a distasteful charade. Last week, the Prince of Darkness Peter Kenyon met Ranieri at his home, and among other things, discussed new signings with him.

It seems to me that the odious Kenyon has been playing a game with both Ranieri and the media, hoping that the Italian would quit, thereby not having to pay up the remaining money on his contract. Fortunately, Ranieri dug his heels in and refused to quit.

The way in which the Italian was finally given his marching orders left something to be desired. It was reportedly left to Eugene Tenenbaaum, an obscure Chelsea director, to phone Ranieri with the news that he his services were no longer required at he club.

Kenyon and Abramovich, despite having had meetings with Ranieri recently, let someone else do their dirty work for them. The Tinkerman deserved better than the humiliating way in which he was given the boot.

We all know that getting the sack is part and parcel of football management. But it should be done, if possible, with a bit of dignity.

On Thursday of last week, Ranieri was asked to fly to Milan for further discussions with Kenyon and Abramovich about possible transfer targets - shortly after the earlier meeting a few days before that the Italian had with Kenyon.

On Monday this week, Ranieri was sacked over the phone while at home in Rome. The whole thing could have been handled better, but perhaps now that Chelsea have such vast sums of money, they have simply become ingrained in their own arrogance.

Pictured below - the smiling assassin Kenyon - who once said that he was a "lifelong Red" dedicated to staying at Old Trafford for the rest of his career.

I hope he doesn't start preaching loyalty to any players he signs for Chelsea.....

user posted image

Edited by Anti Euro Smiths Fan

You only have the tabloaids for proof that those meetings in rome were about future transfer targets though AESF.

How do you know they were not about his imminent departure?

It's very easy to jump on the anti chelsea bangwagon - just as it was to hate rovers when Kenny was splashing the cash. It makes a far better newstory when it's david v goliath.

I'm eager to see who Chelsea let go, I think we could get a few v. good players if we play our cards right

Yes, there will be quite a few clubs eying up players. Interesting interview on 5 live last night, with an agent. She was basically saying that although the wages that a lot of them are on are out of the reach of other clubs, because they get their contracts paid up, they will be able to sign for clubs with lower wage structures, without being out of pocket. In fact a lot will make money on these transfers, depending on how much of their contract is paid up.

Not sure if he'll be let go (in fact I doubt it) but Robert Huth would be a good one to keep an eye on. Maybe even a loan deal?

Who gives a ###### about Chelsea or Ranieri? Its a Rovers supporters websie, not a chelsea one.

People hate them coz they have money, just like we was hated. Who cares

It's a football website actually.

BRFCS

BLACKBURN ROVERS FOOTBALL CLUB SUPPORTERS

Its supposed to be about Blackburn

Why did you post a number of posts regarding Euro 2004 tickets then. dry.gif

Edited by Alan75

Why not think "More Chelsea Transfer Madness - that's not about Blackburn Rovers - I'll give it a miss". And then cleverly avoid reading it by not clicking your mouse on the thread title. Just a thought. It might just work.

BRFCS

You know how to dig holes for youself don`t you Hughesy.

The next time you mention someting non Rovers related you are going to get hammered. And the time after that. And t..

Ranieri handled the entire situation with the upmost dignity. I don`t care how much you are paid to do what job. Knowing that your boardroom is stabbing you in the back for the entire season and then greeting you with a smile whilst face to face must be incredibly frustrating. He got on with his job, with a smile and nearly won something. Good luck to him ( as long as he definitely avoids spurs )

Dont diss Mourinho yet.If he fails then OK.

He is very self-confident.But i dont see why he cant succeed in Chelsea.It might take more than one season to win the league but im sure that he can.He will make the team fight for each other.Just look at Porto!Top of the European tree in two years!

as other have said we could get some very good players at a very cheap rate, its good that we are waiting to see who we can get before we spend what little money we have cool.gif

BRFCS

Thats fine, whenever you post a non rovers related post I guess admin and mods are allowed to delete it. Obviously as we are only allowed to discuss Rovers you won't be posting on any other subjects.

BRFCS

BRFCS.

Big Rons Fan Club Site.

Get it right lads, this site is in no way connected to Blackburn Rovers FC smile.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.