SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wigan Athletic v Blackburn Rovers-Match Preview

Ozz

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

There should be no reason to be this nervous over a game in November, but this is so critical.

My worry is it's just as big a game if not bigger for Wigan and we tend to get done there.

Can't even begin to predict it

For anyone that's wanting to pay on the door:

Almost 4000 tickets have been snapped up by Rovers fans so far, and as the tickets have now gone off sale at Ewood Park, the remaining 500 are now only available at Wigan's ground from Turnstile P1.

Make sure you take cash, no cards on the turnstiles :)

There should be no reason to be this nervous over a game in November, but this is so critical.

My worry is it's just as big a game if not bigger for Wigan and we tend to get done there.

Can't even begin to predict it

If only it was as big a game for the manager.

I only think we'll win because it'll keep Kean as manager. :(

I'll take a win with any implications right now a loss is just too costly it's gone too far for that

Agreed, Tom. I've been thinking through the potential positive/negative implications of a win or loss in this one- Kean out? Venkys change of stance on a potential sale? But if the last year has shown us anything its that there is no point trying to understand or pre-empt Venkys thinking and decision making. So today I'm just hoping for a Rovers win to give us a chance of dragging ourselves out of this mess. Its a vital game.

Sat at my girlfriends in the conservatory a mere 10 minutes or so from the metroplis of wigan, it s a glorious sunny day but a wee bbit chilly. Forecast is for a gloomy afternoon !

wrap up boys and girls, todays gonna be a cold one if it goes against us although I expect the heat to be turned up on Kean the clown.

KEAN OUT

The more I think about this game the more I can't see us losing. On paper Rovcers first team (even without Samba) is a better one than Wigan's by a stretch I'd say. You would think Rochina and Hoilett would have a field day against their defence. However, nothing is that straight forward in football and especially with Rovers right now.

Well , i am just about to leave for Wigan , hope we win but cannot see it ...Wigan have a habit of winning at home when they really need to ..Also if Samba is unavailable it is a definate advantage Wigan ...

Can see a draw 1-1 or 2-2 , which is not much use to either side !!!

I am pretty sure we'll win today. And Kean will have a smirk on his face, and the owners see's that we win and think: Yep, we were right, and the fans must realise that now.

FML! :(

However, three points would feel good though. Cant really remember how that felt :glare:

if this weekend

wigan win

bolton win

sunderland and fulham draw

stoke win

everton win

come monday the table will be

QPR 12

Bolton 12

Wolves 11

WBA 11

Sunderland 11

-----------------

Fulham 11

Wigan 8

Rovers 6

even a draw looks like a useless result today, and given our ###### away form a point should be the best that could be hoped for with this genius in charge.

GOING DOWN WITHOUT A FIGHT.......shambles

All hinges on whether Samba is fit. If he plays then I can see us getting a point, if he isn't then I fear the worst. Keep seeing Salgado's name being mentioned, that is a concern. This is a must win game, please Rovers, give us a win today. COYB :brfc:

Had a nice little win at the bookies this week so set aside some for a good meal and bottle of wine tonight in order to keep the missus happy and blown the rest on a Rovers' win @ 21/10. Just got a feeling about this one.

We are bad but wigan are truly terrible.

They absolutely played Fulham off the park in their last home game, I have no idea how they managed to lose it. They had 60% possession and 18 shots, hitting the woodwork several times.

If they play like that today I don't think we'll get anything.

Archived