BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jordan Rhodes

Genuinely amazed that no Premier League club tested Rovers resolve by submitting a formal offer.

He's not good enough at 8 million quid, simple as that. Only a completely desperate Premier League team would gamble that on him, and we're not at that stage of the season yet, hence the only offer being a slightly more sensible - but still overpriced - 6 million plus 'extras' from Wigan.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Genuinely amazed that no Premier League club tested Rovers resolve by submitting a formal offer.

Absolutely delighted that Rhodes is still a Rover.

We now need to kick on and keep up the momentum that has been gained over the last couple of weeks, slowly a feel good factor is returning. I just hope that Venky's continue to make sensible decisions.

I thought Hull might have a nibble but they and others could still come back later in the year.

The lack of an offer might also reflect people's doubts as expressed by many on here about Rhodes as a top-flight player.

If Rhodes want to be a Premier League footballer he needs to improve his allround play.#

Either that or do a Clive Allen (50 goals plus in one season) such that his sheer weight of goals earns him a big move.

Either way, for the time being we are the beneficiaries and must hope he continues to bang them in.

• Backroom

Yh i agree I trust Glen with his info too but out of curiousity who was the player he was referring to that might leave and it may be a suprise??

Henley I think

Even if Henley hadn't spent the last 9 months injured, since the FA Cup match against Bristol City, I would have been surprised if Bowyer would have been prepared to let 2 right backs leave - and given the love for Orr, it would have been a major surprise to let a young cheap player, with potential (which seems to be the road we are going down) go compared to a journeyman pro who was on a high salary, disliked by the fans and nowhere near the first team squad.

I wonder if Glen could share anymore light as to the reasoning for the potential departure of Henley?

If this is true about rhodes being "gutted" about the bid from Wigan being turned down if I was GB I'd drop him or at least pull him aside and say if you want a transfer come January you'll have to try a little hard cocker. Disrespectful if he came out with that.

The key word in that post being "IF", and let nobody be any doubt about that!

Plops, on 27 May 2013 - 7:56 PM, said:snapback.png

Less than £10million.

You heard it here first.

When is he making his debut?

you are not expecting an answer are you Koi,

Plops, another wanabe ITK making that noise as they go down the toilet

In black and white, I was wrong, Rhodes is still here and I am delighted with that.

In shades of grey, a few questions, some already asked by posters, remain unanswered. Why were Bowyer and team on standby all day, is the Daily Mail correct in its article that Rhodes is disappointed not to be joining Wigan and what would have happened if Wigan had got their money from the McCarthy deal six hours earlier ? As to why I took a punt on Bolton and Newcastle as destinations for Rhodes, I have explained over the last 36 hours, so not going into that again.

Our finances do scare me and, IMO, and experience, are akin to trying to square a circle. Let's see what both the holding company and club accounts show (due by end of this month and December respectively).

Ownership hasn't changed, yet. I still think that things are going on behind the scenes.

This is a MB for discussion and the exchange of views and opinions. A bit of banter is good but I think a bit more civility is called for from some parties - I have taken more than a few insults and felt the need to defend myself. I am not a wum and for a poster to suggest that I might have "a massive drug/alcohol/gambling addiction" is just plain ridiculous.

Abbey and I exchanged PM's yesterday on a transfer issue at his instigation - I think he is currently banned ?

Ok, we begged to differ on the ownership thing but I don't think we have the issue that you would clearly like us to have.

no he is not,

do you verify anything you say?

In amongst all the bumpkin posted by you know who, it seems to hav been missed that glen mullan has been shown to be right all along.

When things were looking bad and I was severely worried about JR's exit it was his posts that gave me hope, and that hope has been justified.

Not brown nosing here, just seems fair and balanced whilst everyone is lambasting certain posters for being wrong to also credit those who were proved right.

I'm new round here and has been a good lesson on who might hav info worth listening to. So cheers to glen for his input.

Glen was right in his belief that Rhodes was going nowhere unless a truly amazkng offer came in but then it didn't really take a rocket scientist to deduce that Rhodes was never going to end up at Bolton or Wigan.

Credit where it's due, Andy Cryer was the only one who got this consistently right yesterday continually confirming no actual offers came in for Rhodes, whilst the Daily Mail, Kamy, Nixon and Glen all corroborated that Wigan had supposedly made an offer yesterday indicating that more often than not ITK's receive the same incorrect rumour from an incorrect random source such as the editor of a Wigan fanzine site and recycle it as factual and their own personal knowledge.

If this is true about rhodes being "gutted" about the bid from Wigan being turned down if I was GB I'd drop him or at least pull him aside and say if you want a transfer come January you'll have to try a little hard cocker. Disrespectful if he came out with that.

Yeah, I mean who does he think he is only scoring 2 goals per game?

You've only posted twice recently, once late last night to suggest that Rhodes would be leaving contrary to all the evidence and this.

Do one dingle.

When I posted yesterday on here and on my twitter account I clearly said that this was info coming from the Wigan side of things.

While Wigan never submitted a formal offer, that was purely down to them not getting McCarthy sold until very late on. There was an informal discussion between Wigan and Rovers during which Wigan told Rovers what they would offer if they decided to formalise their offer. Rovers fully expected a Wigan offer to arrive and this is the reason why Bowyer etc were still at Brockhall until after 10pm.

As for the ITK comments from certain people, that is your opinion and I respect. Over the last 12 months I have reduced my posting on here a huge amount and very rarely post anything about what I hear any longer. I don’t have an ego which needs massaging by being called a so called “ITK”.

When I posted yesterday on here and on my twitter account I clearly said that this was info coming from the Wigan side of things.

While Wigan never submitted a formal offer, that was purely down to them not getting McCarthy sold until very late on. There was an informal discussion between Wigan and Rovers during which Wigan told Rovers what they would offer if they decided to formalise their offer. Rovers fully expected a Wigan offer to arrive and this is the reason why Bowyer etc were still at Brockhall until after 10pm.

As for the ITK comments from certain people, that is your opinion and I respect. Over the last 12 months I have reduced my posting on here a huge amount and very rarely post anything about what I hear any longer. I don’t have an ego which needs massaging by being called a so called “ITK”.

Kamy, maybe GB was at Brockhall because there was the chance of shifting someone else out or bringing someone in at the last minute. He stated quite categorically to the Press as early as Saturday evening that Rhodes was not for sale and that the Press would have nothing to talk about after last night because Rhodes would still be here.

He'd have looked extremely foolish had Rhodes left after ssying that. I don't think he would have risked hanging himself out to dry like thst if there was the slightest chance of Rhodes leaving.

I'd like to think that the fact we scored 9 over our last two games at Ewood probably helped a lot. Easier for GB to make a claim to the owners that he has a good thing going with actual results to show them. Who knows....MM might have got it right if the team had continued to play as bad as it did against Doncaster?

Kamy, maybe GB was at Brockhall because there was the chance of shifting someone else out or bringing someone in at the last minute. He stated quite categorically to the Press as early as Saturday evening that Rhodes was not for sale and that the Press would have nothing to talk about after last night because Rhodes would still be here.

He'd have looked extremely foolish had Rhodes left after ssying that. I don't think he would have risked hanging himself out to dry like thst if there was the slightest chance of Rhodes leaving.

I am sure that he was there for those reasons as well Rev, but he was also there because there was an expectation that Wigan would come in with a formal offer and that would need dealing with, in terms of Bowyer talking to Rhodes about the reasons why it was going to be rejected, and of course if a PL club came in for him which would have been a game changer as I would imagine Rhodes would have actively pushed for a move if a PL club had made a serious offer.

Anyhow, we should all be delighted that he still here. Hopefully stays fit and continue to bang in the goals!

Well I have enjoyed your posts. No need for any reduction in my book.

I don't have any problems with your posts either. I don't really have problems with anyone saying what they think is going on as long as. It's clear what is opinion and what is fact. I'm ignoring Gordon ATM because he winds me up and I don't want to get into arguments with him that clutter the message board as happened a few months back, but that's all

He's already back. Have you not see his latest guess work?

No.where?

He's already back. Have you not see his latest guess work?

Quicker than expected. I thought he'd leave it until the build up to the derby when he'd regale us with accounts of expensive restaurant booze ups with his claret mates where they discussed what a fine manager Dyche is and how well run Burnley are before predicting a comfortable win for the facecombers.

In black and white, I was wrong, Rhodes is still here and I am delighted with that.

In shades of grey, a few questions, some already asked by posters, remain unanswered. Why were Bowyer and team on standby all day, is the Daily Mail correct in its article that Rhodes is disappointed not to be joining Wigan and what would have happened if Wigan had got their money from the McCarthy deal six hours earlier ? As to why I took a punt on Bolton and Newcastle as destinations for Rhodes, I have explained over the last 36 hours, so not going into that again.

Our finances do scare me and, IMO, and experience, are akin to trying to square a circle. Let's see what both the holding company and club accounts show (due by end of this month and December respectively).

Ownership hasn't changed, yet. I still think that things are going on behind the scenes.

This is a MB for discussion and the exchange of views and opinions. A bit of banter is good but I think a bit more civility is called for from some parties - I have taken more than a few insults and felt the need to defend myself. I am not a wum and for a poster to suggest that I might have "a massive drug/alcohol/gambling addiction" is just plain ridiculous.

Abbey and I exchanged PM's yesterday on a transfer issue at his instigation - I think he is currently banned ?

Ok, we begged to differ on the ownership thing but I don't think we have the issue that you would clearly like us to have.

No apology then for how you responded, over many weeks, to the people who thought differently.

Poor, very poor indeed.

For Kamy its not worth the hassle to be honest, the reaction and expectations of some fans really lets this MB and the football club down sometimes. Partly one of the reason I rarely visit the MB these days. I tend to get most of my news from twitter and as you only have 140 characters its harder for people to post drivel and attacks against people like Glen, BKKrover and Kamy and the like.

I think perhaps that we should give as much credit to Rhodes himself that he is still with us. From all accounts it appears he had never "bigged" himself up or sought a move or indicated that somewhere else might be the place to be.

Agree with this.

Rhodes has conducted himself very well whilst at Rovers and long may it continue.

For a young lad who has moved around quite a lot already, 2/3 years of stability at one club certainly wouldn't do him any harm.

Especially if he's banging in 20+ goals a season.

His move to a big club will come in time.

As for praising anyone who predicted that Jordan would not end up at either Bolton or Wigan...seriously?!

Neither move was ever going to happen; hardly takes a rocket scientist to work that one out.

• Backroom

As for the ITK comments from certain people, that is your opinion and I respect. Over the last 12 months I have reduced my posting on here a huge amount and very rarely post anything about what I hear any longer.

A shame because you're one of very few posters I actually believe when they say they know something.

You've been wrong before but it's as much down to Venky's being completely unpredictable as anything else, and I'd hope most people would understand that.

Whelan has set the bar for Rhodes price if they do come in wirh a serious offer for him in January.

If a Championship midfielder is in his own view worth 14m he can hardly complain if we then turn round and point out that that must make a 30 goal a season striker at that level worth at least 20m.

Archived