SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

He better make it quick, It's proper kicking off on here with it being over a week since we've signed anyone.  I've even fashioned a shank for protection.

12 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Replying to your own posts. Strange

You know how much was wasted on signing  players, their wages and then paying off their contracts after they didn't work out. Plus paying off managers and their backroom teams. Whether it was evened out with incoming fees is irrelevant because I wasn't saying that it was.The fact remains that it was still spent. 

Not at all strange to bump up a post which has gone unanswered. What is strange is how you can post so often (this thread being a great example) but choose to ignore a straight question put politely to you.

You claimed that Venkys had "given Kean a fortune to waste"so how much? If "everybody knows" but me, apparently,   just tell me!

You make it sound like their own money from their own treasury and I think you meant to. In fact, much of it came from the player-value legacy left to them by Hughes and Allardyce, 20M came from the sale of Jones, and successive parachute payments amounting to many millions.

They have never been the innocent charitable buffoons you always claimed them to be. Kean is simply a symptom of a deep malaise which continues to this day.

2 hours ago, 47er said:

Not at all strange to bump up a post which has gone unanswered. What is strange is how you can post so often (this thread being a great example) but choose to ignore a straight question put politely to you.

You claimed that Venkys had "given Kean a fortune to waste"Yso how much? If "everybody knows" but me, apparently,   just tell me!

You make it sound like their own money from their own treasury and I think you meant to. In fact, much of it came from the player-value legacy left to them by Hughes and Allardyce, 20M came from the sale of Jones, and successive parachute payments amounting to many millions.

They have never been the innocent charitable buffoons you always claimed them to be. Kean is simply a symptom of a deep malaise which continues to this day.

I said that they "gave Kean a fortune to waste" as you quote me above. So are you disagreeing that they did? I didn't say it was from their "own treasury" as you jump to a conclusion on above. You are putting stuff in between the lines of what I said. The funny thing is though you actually quote me above, in bold, which backs up what I am saying. Read posts properly and engage brain before responding please. If money isn't spent Venkys are the ones responsible,correct? So when money was spent back then why do you not give them the acknowledgement for spending it? Even if was wasted by the manager and his cronies.

How do I always claim them to be "charitable bufoons" what a bizzare comment. The reason I didn't reply originally was because your question, like many of your posts, was silly. 

Never been an interest from Tm point of view and glad Mowbray sticking to his guns regarding every shark of an agent trying to off load players in rovers direction for their latest pay day.

One thing does concern me though, and that's the element within ewood which appeared to be trying to broker something in the background, which suggest we still have a rogue element!!!!

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

You're getting confused with the PM's you've sent on Grindr.

That may explain the 'kissing tarmac' comment. Is that a thing on there?

Why don't you just out yourself instead of constant innuendos. You'll feel better once it's done.

4 hours ago, Pedro said:

He better make it quick, It's proper kicking off on here with it being over a week since we've signed anyone.  I've even fashioned a shank for protection.

Aye - so- if we are being picky with the LT wording, we are now looking for ONE striker and possibly a wide man when a couple of weeks ago we were looking for 4 players including a couple of forwards.

Venky light definitely red.

12 hours ago, J*B said:

:lol:Can we arrange a charity boxing fight between Tomphil and BDS BEFORE Rovers sign another player? That's the real question. 

I'm up for it although it will have to be 3 x 1 min rounds B)

Will I need that long though ..........:lol:

15 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Aye - so- if we are being picky with the LT wording, we are now looking for ONE striker and possibly a wide man when a couple of weeks ago we were looking for 4 players including a couple of forwards.

It never specified the number of forwards, I think it just said Mowbray was focusing on attacking areas, which would include wingers.

It was 'four' players for all areas, not just forwards.

This could be tremendous if it works out. Imagine the first ever BRFCS boxing match. You're not having 3 x 1 minute rounds though! I'm promoting this and it's 5x 3 minute rounds or nothing. 

28 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

My thoughts exactly. Craftily worded to lower incoming player expectations.

Also the goals required to compete at the top of L1 have become 70, a week or two back it was 80.

I suppose that supports the need for less players :blink:

Venkygraph LT at its best.

6 minutes ago, J*B said:

This could be tremendous if it works out. Imagine the first ever BRFCS boxing match. You're not having 3 x 1 minute rounds though! I'm promoting this and it's 5x 3 minute rounds or nothing. 

Well the Ewood pitch is up for rent every summer now apparently so no better place for your maiden promotion. Need an undercard though !

Archived