SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackpool away

AAK

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, GreenRover said:

If we don't score any more tonight we are in 34 goals so far this season. Going alright so. 

Slightly misleading that, we've been incredibly prolific away from home but we're still having immense difficulty breaking teams down at home.

Edit: Fantastic effort to get 12 out of 12 though. I expected 10 at best and more likely seven or 8. Well done TM and the guys. One more win and we're completely on track!

• Backroom

Can't argue with 4 wins out of 4, 12 points out of 12. Credit to Mowbray and the players, we aren't doing it in style but we're getting the points and it's catapulted us right back into automatic promotion contention. With Shrewsbury starting to slip up and a game in hand over Scunthorpe we're in a pretty strong position.

I said it in the last match thread, but this reminds me of the season we finished 7th under GB in the Championship. Not the best performances but enough quality to win matches that would otherwise be draws or losses. The difference being this time I think the quality of our squad is higher than the teams around us in comparison to that season in the Championship, meaning we should finish in a better position. Mowbray possibly a little more astute than GB but I don't think there's that much in it. 

A couple of decent signings in January, along with keeping the likes of Mulgrew and Dack, and we can reasonably expect to go up automatically - barring a sudden collapse in form or morale. Tactically I don't think we'll ever be set up to dominate matches, but we've generally got enough quality to see us over the line (and so we should with our budget). I'm starting to become cautiously optimistic, which is dangerous, but it's certainly looking better than it was a month ago.

Absolutely superb, the Rover hordes come away with another 3 points and they deserve it, everyone of them.

Confidence, decent manager and tremendous support was always going to see us through, lets hope we stay injury free and the promotion push is well and truly on!

When are the Cobblers tickets on sale :tu:

Apart from the final score of course the most impressive thing for me was it sounded like they went looking to kill it off second half instead of sitting back. Definitely been a change of tack from Mowbray in the last few weeks, maybe a penny has dropped or someone has actually had a word but it's good to see.

Said it before and i'll say it again they really have nothing to fear in this div if they approach games right and stick at it, add in that confidence factor now and no more holding them back we'll be fine.

• Backroom
Just now, tomphil said:

Apart from the final score of course the most impressive thing for me was it sounded like they went looking to kill it off second half instead of sitting back. Definitely been a change of tack from Mowbray in the last few weeks, maybe a penny has dropped or someone has actually had a word but it's good to see.

Said it before and i'll say it again they really have nothing to fear in this div if they approach games right and stick at it, add in that confidence factor now and no more holding them back we'll be fine.

We've got the quality to really hammer teams in short bursts. Can't keep it up the entire match but the beginning of the second half is exactly what we need when we're drawing or winning by a slim margin. No fear or attempts to guard a one goal lead, as we did so often under GB, but go and get another to really kill the game off. We need a few defensive reinforcements to stop conceding, but we've got enough at the top end of the pitch to score enough goals to handle conceding a goal.

Archived